FUT or FUE?

Which one do you think is better?

Dr Hasson wants do a 4000 graft FUE procedure,

Dr Feller is looking to get as many grafts as he can, using an FUT.

Which procedure would be preferable?

I am thinking that FUT might be a better option for me, as I like to wear my hair long.

From what I've read, FUT provides better quality of grafts, and overall better density in the recipient area

can I ask if Dr. Hasson intends to do a 4k graft FUE procedure using the ARTAS system? or has the clinic gone to a manual extraction procedure? In my opinion, I would never consider doing FUE with ARTAS - there are many good docs out there, including Rahal, who get the similar yield results from their FUT or FUE procedures - I"ve even seen excellent FUE results from Shapiro and Konior - whether you want to wear your hair long or short, there are other benefits to FUE, including the less invasive nature of the procedure, quicker healing, etc. Whatever you choose is totally up to you, but seems like you should be looking at more options...

I see that yoj was born in 94 so your still very young.

can you post pictures of your head only so maybe members can better understand your situation?

A few questions what is your family background in regards to hairloss on bothsides of your family? Its not just a single factor but in a lot of cases its a tell tale sign.

also are you on any meds such as propicia / Min?

Your doing well by researching & asking questions, take your time think about long term & keep your expectations in check.

I see that yoj was born in 94 so your still very young.

can you post pictures of your head only so maybe members can better understand your situation?

A few questions what is your family background in regards to hairloss on bothsides of your family? Its not just a single factor but in a lot of cases its a tell tale sign.

also are you on any meds such as propicia / Min?

Your doing well by researching & asking questions, take your time think about long term & keep your expectations in check.

All my brothers have good heads of thick hair, save for one brother that has a bit of a receding hairline.

I'm on Propecia, and plan on switching to Avodart.

My father has a bald spot and receding line, my grandfather on mother's side was bald, my uncle had a bald spot

Thankyou for posting your pictures.

How long have you been on Fin? Guys normally switch over to avodart after several yrs on being on Fin & I guess they feel that Fin is not doing as much they feel it should.

Yes it is clear that some get better results but also some dont & also take into account that avodart is a lot stronger & side effects is more real also.

My advice would be stick what your doing before you make the switch give fin at least 2 yrs then go from tbere.

your doing the right thing buddy because if you didnt take meds you would certainly end up being a high NW in the future properly by the time you reach 40 yrs old.

Sorry on a positive note your donor area at this time looks good so again stick with your medications to protect what you have now.

Go & seek several more HT doctors & the more you speak to the clearer your choice would become.

Take your time, stick with the end goal.

I hope that helps you out.

I've been on Propecia for about 2 years now already; I heard Avodart has got some great thickness regrowth, so I'd like to switch to that

I think FUT is what I need; it provides better quality of graft yield and overall coverage+density

But the real question is, Dr. Hasson or Dr. Feller?

I heard Dr. Feller talks highly of Dr. Hasson, as does everybody else

But Dr. Feller himself has had a hair transplant, and his staff is fully female, which I think provides a benefit in this area