Este Prime clinic Istanbul

Hi all,

I am considering to having a hair transplant operation at Este Prime clinic in Istanbul. The doctor is Yasemin Turgut.

I've told about having 4,000 FUE grafts (2-3 hairs each graft) in a single day (6-8 hours) and was quoted the amount of 1,350 euros.

I am glad I found this forum before I proceed with the operations and thought of asking whether anyone has heard of them or had a personal experience.

Any comments/thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi all,

I am considering to having a hair transplant operation at Este Prime clinic in Istanbul. The doctor is Yasemin Turgut.

I've told about having 4,000 FUE grafts (2-3 hairs each graft) in a single day (6-8 hours) and was quoted the amount of 1,350 euros.

I am glad I found this forum before I proceed with the operations and thought of asking whether anyone has heard of them or had a personal experience.

Any comments/thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi,

If you consider that the best doctors in Turkey charge around 2.5 euros per graft you have to ask yourself, how is this clinic able to offer me a price that is over 7x cheaper? What are they saving money on?

You may not need to seek out the best surgeon in Turkey but 7x cheaper? Having looked up where your doctor works, you can be confident that he oversees assistants doing the work rather than doing it himself. Do you want that risk?

That works out to be just under €0.34 per graft.

When you say that the doctor is Yasemin Turgut, how involved in actual the procedure is she?

If the price is this low, it sounds like it's a technician mill where the doctor only draws the hairline and decides how many hairs need to be transplanted - technicians do almost everything else. It's like an assembly line.

Here are 2 video on technician mills in Turkey:

There are other low cost doctors in Turkey like Dr Resul Yaman (€1 per graft),Dr Demirsoy (€1.25 per graft), Dr Erdogan (€2.5 per graft) that are all reputable.

If you decide to go with this company, you should ask what role the Doctor has in extractions and creating recipient incisions.

This is the only info I can find on her from another company - http://longevita.co.uk/staff/trichologist-yasemin-turgut/

Are there examples of her work available to view online?

Edited by Grouchy

Price | Cosmedica

It's another technician mill.

If you see a fixed price of 1500-2000 Euros, regardless of the number of grafts required, it's almost always a bad sign.

The only way a price can be that low is if technicians do most of the work.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180289-dr-acar-cosmedica.html#post2439345

hey i really appreciate all the feed back im kind of desperate i have been checking clinics for weeks

and weeks

95% of clinics in Istanbul are technician mills....But i did find a few of them with really good results

not the other 5% half of them the actual doctor does the operation the other half is the same or really close to a technician mill but with a well known doctor to supervise

im really confused i really dont know what to do

The way I'd analyse it is, how much risk is there?

If technicians perform most of the work, how do you know which technicians will be working on you, or which technicians worked on the results photos you've seen?

You don't. I'd consider that high risk.

Plus, if a clinic can work on up to 10 patients a day, they should be able to pick out a few good results from something that high volume.

If the doctor performs extractions themselves, creates recipient incisions themselves, has a solid portfolio of results photos & independent online reviews, and you know the same doctor will be working on you - I'd consider that a lower risk.

A transplant from a technician clinic might initially be be lower priced, but what if you end up with doll hair, poor growth, you've wasted a few thousand grafts from the donor area, and you need another ht to fix it?

Ultimately, you have to decide how much risk you want to take vs your budget.

It looks like Cosmedica may have used fake/sock puppet accounts on this site before - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181094-dr-cinik-4000-grafts-cosmedica-clinic.html

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...