Michael Vories, MD FUE 6000 Grafts

I certainly dont want to get in the middle of this debate, however I would like to say I have a great amount of respect for Dr. Vories for being 100% involved in his patients procedures. Also his pricing for FUE is very competitive across the industy. With that said I would like to add there is a previously mentioned patient advocate that has written an entire article outside this forum about the concerns of Dr.Vories using concealers in his post ops. That article goes so far as to use some of those very photo images of concern outlining the questionable areas. Personally I really have no opinon other than to say regardless of the accusations, before/after photos or videos that emerge from top Drs. or clinics should be unquestionable and consistent. With todays technology there is very little time or money needed to make this investment, and certainly no excuses. I feel strongly that some type of optional protocal inregards to how this is achieved along with a rating system makes sense. Reqirements such as lighting, bulb type, background, image angles and room dimensions are all easily achievable. I work in an unrelated industry that requires these type of imaging requiements right down to the model of camera used and its settings. I certainly dont want to sound anal but you could go so far as removing physician involment and using a certififed third party. I'm no doubt sure that would get tremendous pushback from a number of Drs./clinics.

JohnCasper, I know you have had a great result from Dr. Vories. I've seen your results prior to your post, and I'm sure as unintentional as it may be, the lighting in your before and after posted in this thread is itself questionable to this very subject, not to mention the image sizing differences.. You are a patient advocate for Dr. Vories and have had over 7,000 grafts. Given your level of prior baldness I would expect nothing less from a top HT surgeon, especially from those recomended here.

At the end of the day it's about honesty and integrity. Why would any talented or reputable hair transplant surgeon even want their images to be subjectively questionable?

My last comment would be to commemorate and thank the moderators here for allowing and being open minded enough to allow the questioning of images from an HRN recommended surgeon. I have very personal reasons for wanting to see the hair transplant community and industry to continue ascend to a level of unomprimising standards. It's forums and threads such as this that makes me feel were still headed in the right direction (hopefully)…..................

Edited by Harebrained

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly dont want to get in the middle of this debate, however I would like to say I have a great amount of respect for Dr. Vories for being 100% involved in his patients procedures. Also his pricing for FUE is very competitive across the industy. With that said I would like to add there is a previously mentioned patient advocate that has written an entire article outside this forum about the concerns of Dr.Vories using concealers in his post ops. That article goes so far as to use some of those very photo images of concern outlining the questionable areas. Personally I really have no opinon other than to say regardless of the accusations, before/after photos or videos that emerge from top Drs. or clinics should be unquestionable and consistent. With todays technology there is very little time or money needed to make this investment, and certainly no excuses. I feel strongly that some type of optional protocal inregards to how this is achieved along with a rating system makes sense. Reqirements such as lighting, bulb type, background, image angles and room dimensions are all easily achievable. I work in an unrelated industry that requires these type of imaging requiements right down to the model of camera used and its settings. I certainly dont want to sound anal but you could go so far as removing physician involment and using a certififed third party. I'm no doubt sure that would get tremendous pushback from a number of Drs./clinics.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I also saw the article but will keep me opinion to myself. I like the rating system because it allows posters to express their thoughts on the quality of the photos or video. I don't think you need a third party just someone in the clinic that can take proper before and after pictures.

JohnCasper, I know you have had a great result from Dr. Vories. I've seen your results prior to your post, and I'm sure as unintentional as it may be, the lighting in your before and after posted in this thread is itself questionable to this very subject, not to mention the image sizing differences.. You are a patient advocate for Dr. Vories and have had over 7,000 grafts. Given your level of prior baldness I would expect nothing less from a top HT surgeon, especially from those recomended here.

100% agree with this.

My last comment would be to commemorate and thank the moderators here for allowing and being open minded enough to allow the questioning of images from an HRN recommended surgeon. I have very personal reasons for wanting to see the hair transplant community and industry to continue ascend to a level of unomprimising standards. It's forums and threads such as this that makes me feel were still headed in the right direction (hopefully)…..................

I take a lot of pride for being honest. I take it personally when I feel something isn't right on this website. Kudos to the moderators!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Guys,

There is certainly nothing wrong with raising questions about results presented by recommended physicians or anyone else. They should be evaluated with a critical eye. But, I do think people should tread lightly when it comes to making accusations. This is especially true when the member being accused is a recommended hair transplant surgeon with an excellent reputation.

Having said that, I also know that wibbles has been a productive and reliable member of this community for years and has no agenda in pointing out his concerns. I've also been contacted privately by another reputable member of the community who has expressed similar concerns about this case and I want everyone to know that we take your concerns seriously.

While I don't know Dr. Vories personally, I have had the opportunity to correspond with him several times and I've found him to be attentive to patient concerns, very honest in his assessments of patient results and truly concerned about ensuring the success and happiness of his patients. In short, I find him trustworthy. He has not only addressed this question twice but has offered to provide a comb through video when the patient returns.

I know that the issue of the quality of his photos has been raised in the past and I would encourage Dr. Vories to improve the quality and presentation of his patient result photos.

We will certainly reach out to Dr. Vories regarding this case and hopefully we can also get some more documentation on it now or in the future.

Out of curiosity, is your trained eye able to detect a color and texture difference in the after photos?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 3 weeks later...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill - Managing Publisher View Post

Dr. Vories,

It seems like several members have brought up a concern about the possibility of using concealers in your after photos. After reviewing these and several of the other results more closely, I can see why members have this concern.

I will also contact you privately but I think in order to address these concerns, it would be ideal if you could present the following (for this and future cases)

1. higher resolution photos (some of the photos appear blurry making it difficult to view)

2. Additional angles of the scalp especially of the postoperative (immediately after surgery) phase

3. videos showing the patient's result, combing through it, etc.

4. Better, more accurate looking before photos (showing the hair before you shave it down, etc.)

I will be sending you an email privately in the next few minutes.

Bill

Hi bill ,

Did you manage to get any better pictures of this result you could share with us to clear up the concealer issue ?

Cheers

I just wanted to follow up and respond to several previous posts that included my name in this thread. There were several references to my results and questioned the lighting and size differential of some photographs. I'm glad someone posted a video of my results. I have several more videos on YouTube and my own website. I do agree the lighting is not great in the video but I'm not a professional photographer and do not have state of the art equipment. Anyone who questions my photos are welcome to see many more on my personal website, MyFUEhairtranslant.com. I have over 3 years of photos taken in all types of lighting, inside my home, outside in the sunlight, and others taken by friends and sent to me. There are also more videos on my website which is just for folks to checkout my results and to read about my experiences and what to expect after surgery. I enjoy communicating with people who have contacted me and helping them with their questions and mostly their anxiety of having the surgery.

More importantly, I would also like to remind everyone that I've been on display at the International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) conference in the Bahamas in 2012 and in Chicago in 2015. Dozens of renowned hair surgeons from around the world examined my head, combed through my hair, closely examined my donor areas, asked many questions and complemented Dr. Vories on the excellent results at those conferences. Lighting was clearly not an issue at the conference and every doctor had the opportunity to personally examine my hair.

I appreciate this website for providing a forum for everyone to speak. My website is just for before/afters and commentary on what to expect after surgery.... MyFUEhairtransplant.com

Also, I have never used a concealer and had to educate myself regarding these products only after reading about them on this website.

The following pictures were taken at the ISHRS conference in 2012 and 2015.

Hair%2Bconvention%2B2012.jpg

2015%2BHair%2Bconference.jpg

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

John thanks for your response. As a representative of a doctor don't you think its important to show the best quality photos and video? I have a website as well www.contecapelli.com but don't ever ask people to look at my results when the post has nothing to do with my result.

This has to do with a post of a patient that is discussed. People have questions that they believe there is a possibility that he may be wearing concealer on the after picture. Looking at the after pictures I can understand why people may think this. A well know person came into your office and stated that he also believed the after pictures were done with concealers. I am not saying what I think but I think all clinics, and reps should show the best quality photos and videos. You always go back to your results and I don't think you have high quality after pictures. I have no doubt that you had a great result but think you need to show better quality photos.

Maybe it would be better if you said. We never use concealers on after photos and we will make sure that the future photos will be done with high quality photos and videos. Are you 100% sure there was no concealer used in the after photos? If so why not say that rather than say I don't use concealers?

I like your posts and know you are an honest, straight forward person so please don't take this as an attack. I just wanted to give you my opinion.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I want to add that we have contacted this patient and he is promising to show up for his one year follow-up. Believe me we will get detailed photos (wet and dry) at that time to put this to rest. I am asking that we be patient until that time. We post lots of before/afters, and hopefully these confirm that we do not use concealers or photo shopping of these photos. I still believe the addition of video comb throughs will be the best way to prove this, and we hope to be using videos exclusively in the future. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I want to add that we have contacted this patient and he is promising to show up for his one year follow-up. Believe me we will get detailed photos (wet and dry) at that time to put this to rest. I am asking that we be patient until that time. We post lots of before/afters, and hopefully these confirm that we do not use concealers or photo shopping of these photos. I still believe the addition of video comb throughs will be the best way to prove this, and we hope to be using videos exclusively in the future. Thanks!

Any chance of the follow up pics/videos doc ?

We have been in contact with him, unfortunately he is a defense contractor and is overseas for the next few months. We asked that he send one year photos, but have not received anything at this point. Will certainly post when we receive photos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

No follow up pictures from this patient. It has almost been a year since this result was posted.

There was definitely some questions raised and concerns that still haven't been addressed.