Michael Vories, MD FUE 6000 Grafts

Sorry to say but 110% there is concealer in the crown , you can see the chalk like appearance and even the darker areas where there is a larger amount of concealer ! I know this look as a user of concealers ! Real shame that reccomended doctors use such tactics :mad::mad:

Wibbles your eyes must be wobbly lol..

how can you possibly tell just by looking at pics? I have zoomed in on different photo software & still can not see.

can you post & draw a circle of what you talking about.

There is a lot of Drs out there granted in trying to pull a fast one but this particular Dr NO WAY..

unless you show different.

Edited by ontop
edit

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr.Vories,

What about the crown post op shots?

Like I said this result will give lots of guys that have thick hair and lots of hair loss hope.

I follow and have researched Dr.Lorenzo (Top 5 FUE doctor on any list) and for this amount of loss his patients receive 7000 - 12 000 fue and still some have bald spot and or very thin in certain spots.

Again would love more detailed post ops.

Sorry to say but 110% there is concealer in the crown , you can see the chalk like appearance and even the darker areas where there is a larger amount of concealer ! I know this look as a user of concealers ! Real shame that reccomended doctors use such tactics :mad::mad:

Wibbles, Dr. Vories clearly addressed this question and confirmed that no concealer was used. It's one thing to pose a question and quite another to accuse a recommended surgeon with a stellar reputation of blatant dishonesty.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi David, I don’t want to cause any trouble but do you look at this result and truly believe that it is possible for there to be zero visible scalp? Dr. Vories stated specifically that the result is broken up into 3000 for the hairline/midscalp and then the 2nd 3000 is for the crown AND the vertex. Name one result by any other clinic, even the great Hasson & Wong, that have achieved such visible scalp elimination as this.

I never really paid much attention before but now that I have had a moment to look at his past work I can see a pattern. There is an unusually small number of grafts used to achieve a visible density that has not been seen anywhere prior. The patient in this thread has the excuse of having exceptionally thick donor hair diameter. What is the reason for these chaps? Does Dr. Vories have the market cornered on patients with exceptionally high diameter donor hair? In fact, this case has the same hair loss pattern but 2000 less grafts at only 4000 grafts moved in total. http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179391-michael-vories-md-fue-4023-grafts.html He says the hair diameter was 80 microns. 4000 grafts gave him a full head of hair. The case in this thread is 85 microns and 6000 grafts gave the same density?

Wibbles,

can you show us evidence of a concealer being used you state on the pics?

If not I find it very unfair to make such accusations especially on a Dr of this caliber.

Like david said Dr Vories explained this in dept & also offered a video comb through when the patient shows back up.

Guys,

There is certainly nothing wrong with raising questions about results presented by recommended physicians or anyone else. They should be evaluated with a critical eye. But, I do think people should tread lightly when it comes to making accusations. This is especially true when the member being accused is a recommended hair transplant surgeon with an excellent reputation.

Having said that, I also know that wibbles has been a productive and reliable member of this community for years and has no agenda in pointing out his concerns. I've also been contacted privately by another reputable member of the community who has expressed similar concerns about this case and I want everyone to know that we take your concerns seriously.

While I don't know Dr. Vories personally, I have had the opportunity to correspond with him several times and I've found him to be attentive to patient concerns, very honest in his assessments of patient results and truly concerned about ensuring the success and happiness of his patients. In short, I find him trustworthy. He has not only addressed this question twice but has offered to provide a comb through video when the patient returns.

I know that the issue of the quality of his photos has been raised in the past and I would encourage Dr. Vories to improve the quality and presentation of his patient result photos.

We will certainly reach out to Dr. Vories regarding this case and hopefully we can also get some more documentation on it now or in the future.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi all , I don’t have evidence because I wasn’t in the clinic when the photos were taken. But conditions like this do not require “evidence” other than using your eyes and being familiar with what concealers look like. There is a chalky appearance to each of the results I linked to. If you’ve never used concealer it makes sense that this would be a stretch but if you do use concealer it’s easy to see it here. Natural hair, and by extension this means natural hair transplants, have visible skin through the hair regardless of how much hair there is. I respect the doctor’s position on the matter but I see what I see.

I used Concealers for 10 years so have a good idea what they look like in photos and real life.

In my opinion none of those pictures show overt evidence of concealer use.

A simple video as the Dr stated will clear this up anyway,,

Dr. Vories,

It seems like several members have brought up a concern about the possibility of using concealers in your after photos. After reviewing these and several of the other results more closely, I can see why members have this concern.

I will also contact you privately but I think in order to address these concerns, it would be ideal if you could present the following (for this and future cases)

1. higher resolution photos (some of the photos appear blurry making it difficult to view)

2. Additional angles of the scalp especially of the postoperative (immediately after surgery) phase

3. videos showing the patient's result, combing through it, etc.

4. Better, more accurate looking before photos (showing the hair before you shave it down, etc.)

I will be sending you an email privately in the next few minutes.

Bill

I had a mega-session done by Dr. Vories in 2012. My blonde hair didn't yield a strong caliber of hair to work with but I had strong donor areas. However, my results have been stellar and would never consider using concealers or have pictures made with concealers. In an earlier post in this thread, someone referred to this guy as being "John Casper'd". I take that as a great compliment. I haven't spoken to Dr. Vories recently, but I'm always happy to be an advocate of his great work. Keep in mind, I do not have strong caliber donor hair.

Top%2B2012.JPG

20150620_202510.jpg

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

What is ironic about this discussion is the patient we posted just one day later came in with concealers, and we gave him a hair wash to prevent the illusion of higher density. (He is the 3000 graft case we posted this just two days ago). As stated before, we do not use concealers. We do not stock them, sell them, or keep them in the office.

Yes john, your results are great.

IMO...I like watching comb through videos, they to me give a clearer picture of what was achieved by the Dr & patient.

Im kinda surprised in this day & age that more clinics should be going down tbis route.

Sample Dr Deip, Dr Lindsey, Dr Feller & a few others.

this can only be good for Drs in showing off there work & to give a better understanding to patients alike.

Again I encourage this forum to encourage more & more clinics to use comb through videos in the future.

I always believe there should be some sort of rating system on pictures posted by clinics. It should be from 1-5 (5 being excellent) that way doctors are aware of that posters are able to tell the difference. Whenever I see lower than average pictures nobody comments and the doctor either is unaware or just don't get it.

Again I encourage this forum to encourage more & more clinics to use comb through videos in the future.

This should be a standard and not an exception. The high def video camera cost less than $500 so there should be no excuse. In my opinion most doctors don't want to do this because it can take away from the result.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Well if they dont want to show videos on there work, it leads me to believe that they are not all what they are cracked up to be then.

Problem I have with pictures is that they can be technically be sexed up to a degree & misleading patients.

just for the record I dont think its the case here, but remember Dr V is a Dr & no David bailey professional photographer same goes for most if not all.

If I had my own clinic I would just hire a professional to make videos good, bad or indifferent results that way, it would show true transparency to the public.

Just my 2 cents that's all.

I don't think you need a professional photographer just somebody in a clinic that feels comfortable doing it.

JohnCasper; Why don't you start and get some great high def video and photos of your result. Since you are an online rep I think this is important. Don't get me wrong I think you have a great result and seem to be a great guy. I just think you could have a better presentation of your result especially when you represent a doctor.

Edited by lorenzo

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

• Administrators
I don't think you need a professional photographer just somebody in a clinic that feels comfortable doing it.

JohnCasper; Why don't you start and get some great high def video and photos of your result. Since you are an online rep I think this is important. Don't get me wrong I think you have a great result and seem to be a great guy. I just think you could have a better presentation of your result especially when you represent a doctor.

He does have a video on youtube

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks I didn't know that. It should be posted on his signature. Even though its not high def it does show a lot more than the photos.

• Administrators
Thanks I didn't know that. It should be posted on his signature. Even though its not high def it does show a lot more than the photos.

I agree he should have it in his signature, I happened to stumble on his video because it came up as a suggested video. Personally, I think how Dr. Lorenzo presents his cases is basically the gold standard for clinic presentations.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

HT soon,

I agree totally mate,

even though he is a top ht surgeon, having them videos dont do him any harm indeed, in fact I think it does some kick axx marketing, well better than just general photos anyways.

For me personally if I was choosing between HT doctors, one of my factors which will proberly sway me is the clinic showing videos more than photos..

again just my 2 cents anyways.

Edited by ontop
edit

• 2 weeks later...
Dr. Vories,

It seems like several members have brought up a concern about the possibility of using concealers in your after photos. After reviewing these and several of the other results more closely, I can see why members have this concern.

I will also contact you privately but I think in order to address these concerns, it would be ideal if you could present the following (for this and future cases)

1. higher resolution photos (some of the photos appear blurry making it difficult to view)

2. Additional angles of the scalp especially of the postoperative (immediately after surgery) phase

3. videos showing the patient's result, combing through it, etc.

4. Better, more accurate looking before photos (showing the hair before you shave it down, etc.)

I will be sending you an email privately in the next few minutes.

Bill

Hi bill ,

Did you manage to get any better pictures of this result you could share with us to clear up the concealer issue ?

Cheers