Michael Vories, MD FUE 6000 Grafts

This 38 year old patient came in for his 6 month follow up today after receiving a 6000 FUE grafts over a two consecutive day period. Very good hair caliber (approx. 85 microns) led to very good coverage, especially in the hard to cover crown area. A 0.85 mm surrounded punch was used to perform the extractions, and grafts were placed with Hans Lion Implanter Pens. All grafts extracted and placed by Dr. Vories.

w1.thumb.jpg.8b1cf59606f921b544bdb94b9a489933.jpg

w2.thumb.jpg.d42a1cb952cdd96d96d0a3cf8626f19a.jpg

w3.thumb.jpg.563a16418f42e9568084a4822f2611c2.jpg

w5.thumb.jpg.330543da4d0c03b81f53087002747e0a.jpg

w4.thumb.jpg.e4f7d32665f0bcf5a74f34907ffb35c9.jpg

w6.thumb.jpg.30ef0d2d1ecff158cc077d7e3c607805.jpg

w7.thumb.jpg.836cdc61996d8156fae069505411baf8.jpg

w8.thumb.jpg.17f8408e62aad7655960447cdda2a7ac.jpg

w9.thumb.jpg.8f79f86262f323a499d7d3ee1ae2a188.jpg

w10.thumb.jpg.15bc7c4dc4331e9f9d822d9d2b1cc232.jpg

w11.thumb.jpg.3d5670b236f56ff9f356079ef2b4f45b.jpg

w12.thumb.jpg.05641e759a81b0552785a9505582931a.jpg

w13.thumb.jpg.ab9ac59e5359e25a6aab8cb6b2bd2809.jpg

w14.thumb.jpg.aa9eca6effd9f89c04156b1a5de01326.jpg

w15.thumb.jpg.7e50084eabf94878b88abadd5cbcbe6d.jpg

w16.thumb.jpg.0e97808cd5079e470869ce20ed1f52ad.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You read all the time on here to get totally stripped first and THEN go FUE, in order to max out one's available grafts. I often wonder how many patients actually go through with all that though. Or what % of patients is it even necessary for?

You JohnCasper'd this guy, doc. Fixed him up real nice.

This is an excellent point. I have always disagreed with the "FUT first" concept. A follicular unit is a follicular unit, whether it was harvested by strip excision or FUE. One of the several advantages of FUE is that we can spread the extractions over the entire donor area, and so minimizing the impact on any one area. Also keep in mind that strip excision changes the scalp architecture, and harvesting grafts (especially below the donor scar) with FUE is made more difficult after strip excision.

The only questionable benefit I can see to performing FUE after strip excision is the chance to try to cover up the strip scar with FUE grafts. However, the results of this is variable, and in many cases the strip scar does not have the vascularity to support the grafts. For this reason it is much better to avoid the FUT scar than to plan on covering it with FUE grafts.

Dr. Vories, that's a very nice, impressive transformation. By any chance, do you have any photos of this patient's scalp before surgery before his head was shaved? It looks like he was pretty bald but it would be even more impressive viewing the results when comparing them to before photos with his hair grown in a bit.

Excellent work.

Bill

• Administrators

This is an absolutely ridiculous result, i mean even if his hair was grown out the top was very miniaturized. Im very surprised by how good his donor looks after 6,000 grafts, hid nape looked a bit thin pre op was this a concern Dr. Vories?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Did you see this pt yourself for the pics? Is there any chance at all there was topik in his hair? Don't take the question the wrong way, I just don't know if I have ever seen such a transformation in one procedure. I guess with such thick caliber hair this would be like an average guy getting closer to 8k grafts.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

No worries. No concealers were used, we combed through hair before the photos to assess the potential of future growth, and were able to see down to the skin. I believe the result is due to his good hair caliber, and that finer hair would of led to a different result. Thanks!

Absolutley amazing!

Although the fuss/fue debate rages on, when the doctor himself is that involved in the complete procedure from extraction to placement there seems to be less of an arguement.

When a Dr. is as involved as Dr. Vories, he/she leaves their personal signature on that individuals scalp and life.

Dr. Vories overall results should make anyone considering a technician ran clinic run for the hills.

Although being a high NW myself and considering a strip procedure for later this year, I again will reevaluate my own situation.

Insane result. I have never seen such a result with high graph numbers in one session .

This Equals any strip megasession. Patient appears to have high lateral humps which help along with thick donor.

Simply incredible and kudos to Dr Vories who seems to be pushing the envelope in FUE session sizes and results.

Look forward to seeing more.

Amazing result, well done, great work !

Why is it that alot of doctors want to split hair transplant up and do the front and mid scalp then a year+ later the crown?

It depends on how big the area is, the donor capacity. Some believe smaller sessions are less risky, some do not. Clearly Dr Vories doesn't!

Love this result. Dr Vories is known for tackling large sessions over multiply days! It is amazing he does everything him self apart from loading the implanter pen. Rashid, if you want to see how tiring it is for Dr Vories doing everthing on his own, I suggest watching one of his youtube videos! Man has stamina

Do you have anymore pictures of the Post Op especially crown shots?

The one picture you posted only shows the top of the transplant with no crown shots.

You would think this patient would need at least 8000 + grafts.

Sorry to say but 110% there is concealer in the crown , you can see the chalk like appearance and even the darker areas where there is a larger amount of concealer ! I know this look as a user of concealers ! Real shame that reccomended doctors use such tactics :mad::mad: