Nioxin 2 Feedback Request

Any feedback or reviews on Nioxin 2 Shampoo and Conditioner?

When I was 20, a hairdresser told me my hair was thinning and that I should use Nioxin as it is the cure. For the next 12 years I used the stuff along with the Nioxin hair follicle booster, and it did nothing but make me think I am good because it's preventing me from going bald. 3 years ago, I got dumped by a now ex girlfriend after a long-term relationship, and when I had to start dating again, I looked in the mirror and realized oh f#ck, I am going bald, and going bald quickly. Only after my first consultations with Bosley and Zeiring did I learn about Propecia. When they asked me why I used Nioxin and not Rogaine, I actually answered that I thought Nioxin was better than Rogaine because it is way more expensive. Did the doctor have himself a good laugh. I wasted at least $50 a month on that rubbish.

• 3 months later...
Any feedback or reviews on Nioxin 2 Shampoo and Conditioner?

Funny. I just asked the same thing on another thread. I have been using Nioxn shampoo and conditioner for many years. I always question why I pay $17.00 per bottle each time I go to the store. Like many others it was suggested from doctors, stylists, etc.I started using it and never looked back.

Nioxn does a great job at marketing themselves as hair loss shampoo and some of their products claim to regrow, I am not sure that has been the case for me. It's important to come to places like this to ask the questions you're asking.

I realize the aforementioned blurb is probably useless in the way of direction. But I used this thread below which was helpful and from that I purchased some new stuff on Amazon. We will see how these new products work. Hope that link is helpful. :D

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159912-what-best-hair-thickening-shampoo-conditioner-combo.html

You might as well get a sls and phosphate free shampoo/conditioner. I have used Nioxin in the past and it is a decent shampoo/conditioner, however, I do not feel it made much of a difference. The tingling feeling you get is just the menthol.

An interesting thing though... When I used Alpecin, I noticed significant less hair shed. I remember showering and only seeing 2-3 hairs in my hand, compared to my avg of 10-15 per shower. It has been years since I used Alpecin since they don't sell it anymore in Canada.

I have been averaging losing about 10-15 hairs in the shower for years now, hard to say if most of those are replaced by normal hairs or "thinning". I guess time will tell since my hairloss is relatively slow, dating back to when I was about 25 (10 years), and went from a nw0 to a nw2 in that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with bsass and Spidey. Based on my experience Nioxin is an expensive replacement for a daily wash shampoo. They use a lot of fancy proprietary sounding 'technologies' but ultimately about all it will do is possibly make thinning hair look less ... thin.

Agree with bsass and Spidey. Based on my experience Nioxin is an expensive replacement for a daily wash shampoo. They use a lot of fancy proprietary sounding 'technologies' but ultimately about all it will do is possibly make thinning hair look less ... thin.

I started using Aussie Awesome Volume shampoo and Main and Tail conditioner based on the posts in this thread and I'm pleased so far. When I style it correctly it does make the hair look fuller than Nioxn did. I had a friend tell me recent they were using a Bosley product and felt it made a huge difference. I may try it, however I suspect it's going to be $$$. Which I do like the price of the Aussie :D

Haven't head of those. If you're still in the market for trying something else that will make your hair feel (and look) a bit thicker, I just started trying Rahua. Had been using Avalon organics (Lavender) up to that point. Rahua definitely makes a difference. Not sure about the $$$ though - wife bought it for herself!

• 8 months later...

My barber recommended that I try Nioxin 2 as my hair was thinning. I've tried this shampoo for a few months and noticed that my hair felt a bit stronger, less oily and the thinning has slowed down. However, having to use this on a daily can be quite expensive.

• 1 year later...