Appointment with Dr. Wong

Hi,

I have an appointment with Dr. Wong in less than a month. I'm feeling a little unsure as of now. Partly because I didn't choose Wong he was just assigned to me instead of Hasson. Should I be concerned? I've seen good results from Wong, just not as many as Hasson. Also I attached photos that are about a year old. Do I seem like a good candidate? I'm 33 now.

Both are fantastic docs. Hasson a little more known for hairlines (not to say Wong doesnt produce as well) and Wong known as a master in the crown area. Tremendous clinic overall.

Not seeing pics btw.

They are both exceptional so you have nothing to worry about.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Stevedawg,

Having worked with both Doctors over the years both produce excellent results and there are many examples on our website and patient documentations on here.

Here is a recent patient experience from Dr Wong http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178956-my-experience-surgery-dr-wong-hasson-wong.html

Do let me know if I can help answer any of your questions or concerns david@hassonandwong.com

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Steve...both are elite hair transplant surgeons with an outstanding facility and deep experienced staff of technicians. I don't think most hair transplant patients when searching for a clinic realize how important the experience and depth of the technicians of the hair transplant surgeon are. Many clinics do not perform the larger sessions because they do not have such a deep staff to go 8-12 hours. I met with one doctor who flew in his one main part time technician when he performed hair transplants. No wonder he normally performed sessions for about 1800-2000 grafts. I would bet there is no hair transplant clinic in the world with a larger full-time staff than Hasson/Wong. Look at the size of the Hasson/Wong staff:

HW_Team.png

https://hassonandwong.com/surgical-team/

I chose Dr. Wong for my first surgery at Hasson/Wong and I chose Dr. Wong again for my 2nd surgery scheduled for later this month. Initially I met with a patient of Dr. Wong's here in Dallas who looked great. Then I noticed Dr. Wong's impressive meg-session results. Finally I seemed to connect with Dr. Wong after watching his videos at the bottom of the page in the link below:

Jerry Wong, MD*Hair Transplant Surgeon in*Vancouver,*British Columbia

Steve if you were "assigned" a doctor, I am sure Hasson/Wong would allow you to pick either of them if you decide that's what you want to do, but I think you would be happy with Dr. Wong. Both of them are great. Good Luck.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Steve...both are elite hair transplant surgeons with an outstanding facility and deep experienced staff of technicians. I don't think most hair transplant patients when searching for a clinic realize how important the experience and depth of the technicians of the hair transplant surgeon are. Many clinics do not perform the larger sessions because they do not have such a deep staff to go 8-12 hours. I met with one doctor who flew in his one main part time technician when he performed hair transplants. No wonder he normally performed sessions for about 1800-2000 grafts. I would bet there is no hair transplant clinic in the world with a larger full-time staff than Hasson/Wong. Look at the size of the Hasson/Wong staff:

HW_Team.png

https://hassonandwong.com/surgical-team/

I chose Dr. Wong for my first surgery at Hasson/Wong and I chose Dr. Wong again for my 2nd surgery scheduled for later this month. Initially I met with a patient of Dr. Wong's here in Dallas who looked great. Then I noticed Dr. Wong's impressive meg-session results. Finally I seemed to connect with Dr. Wong after watching his videos at the bottom of the page in the link below:

Jerry Wong, MD*Hair Transplant Surgeon in*Vancouver,*British Columbia

Steve if you were "assigned" a doctor, I am sure Hasson/Wong would allow you to pick either of them if you decide that's what you want to do, but I think you would be happy with Dr. Wong. Both of them are great. Good Luck.

Agree with Shampoo, why not ask to consult with both of the and choose the one who resunates the most with you? They may hay different game plans for you. I am a Hasson guy myself, but Wong does incredible crown work.

Shampoo, regarding the picture, I would bet you that those technicians are only one team for either Dr Wong or Dr Hasson

Stevedawg,

As others say if you have a preference for Dr Hasson then you are welcome to request him for your surgery.

The picture is both Dr Hasson's and Dr Wong's technicians. Thanks for all your comments.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I ended up going through with the procedure with Dr. Wong. Ended up with just shy of 5000 grafts FUT. Fairly smooth experience. Experienced little pain and swelling if you can believe that. I'm a week out currently, definitely a stressful time because I now have to wear a hat everywhere to cover the staples and hide my red scabby scalp. Awkward to wear a hat at work. Any encouragement for this part is appreciated. Attached a photo taken today. Have went back and forth with feelings of it being worth it and regretting the decision. Guess we'll see.

IMG_0387.JPG.23d79371183a4e9a362792e6187fe6a1.JPG

Ended up with just shy of 5000 grafts FUT.

Wow....almost 5000 grafts in one session is pretty awesome. Glad it went well.

I'm a week out currently

I am two weeks post-op tomorrow.

definitely a stressful time because I now have to wear a hat everywhere to cover the staples and hide my red scabby scalp. Awkward to wear a hat at work. Any encouragement for this part is appreciated.

I am wearing a hat at work too....get staples out tomorrow....will get first haircut in about 2 weeks....so back and sides better match recipient areas. At that time the hat will come off. People get used to the new look very quickly....adults are way too busy with their own lives and problems to really care after a day or two. Trust me you will be surprised how little attention you will get after the first day or two of "coming clean".

Have went back and forth with feelings of it being worth it and regretting the decision. Guess we'll see.

I think from what you have said, you may have some doubts and second thoughts over the next 8-10 months during the "ugly duckling" phase....but I predict if we meet back on here in June of 2017 you will be a very happy camper.

Good luck and stay in touch Steve.

Wow....almost 5000 grafts in one session is pretty awesome. Glad it went well.

I am two weeks post-op tomorrow.

I am wearing a hat at work too....get staples out tomorrow....will get first haircut in about 2 weeks....so back and sides better match recipient areas. At that time the hat will come off. People get used to the new look very quickly....adults are way too busy with their own lives and problems to really care after a day or two. Trust me you will be surprised how little attention you will get after the first day or two of "coming clean".

I think from what you have said, you may have some doubts and second thoughts over the next 8-10 months during the "ugly duckling" phase....but I predict if we meet back on here in June of 2017 you will be a very happy camper.

Good luck and stay in touch Steve.

Hello Shampoo, long time no speak :) Just saw you got your third procedure done recently. I remember speaking to you about your potential third procedure some time ago. Hope all went well. Do you have a thread about it? Happy growing.

Hello Mickey85. Thanks for the well wishes. Yes my 3rd procedure is now done. The first procedure was so small, I hardly even count it. Everything went well with this latest procedure, except I was aiming for a large session and came away with a 2708 graft count....which still is a nice size session. My scalp laxity was not what it needed to be for a larger session. Dr. Wong said if I need anything down the road like a touch-up it will need to be a FUE procedure. Dr. Wong and Dr. Hasson seem to be doing a lot of both type procedures these days. At this time I do not have a designated thread about my latest journey, but hope to keep the forum updated. Staples come out in 3 hours!

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd post an update one month, picture is attached. Still wearing a hat basically everywhere getting tired of it, but made the mistake of trying to have my girlfriend cut my hair and she cut a patch way to short and the scar shows through on well. My scalp is still red too. I didn't realize the recovery period to looking normal was this long and apparently I have a ways to go from here. I'll update every month or two.

IMG_0394.thumb.JPG.2c55029cd1e899dfe1080470ab81b32c.JPG

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd update this thread. So I got a haircut last week and everything is even now, so no longer where a hat around. Hair on the sides is probably a 3-4 guard length although it was done with scissors so can't be sure. There is piece where the scar is visible but you'd have to be looking for it or know what it is to recognize it so I'm not that worried. Starting to see a little growth on top. Feel like I'm mostly out of the "ugly duckling" phase as I look pretty much the same as before my HT so I'm fine walking in my current state.

IMG_0399.thumb.JPG.3f660c7f1afe328a695f61a12e5edc97.JPG

IMG_0397.thumb.JPG.13c280b435c46137fa92c1fba84a1ca3.JPG

IMG_0395.thumb.JPG.befe7ad3a147afeebe6064aba4cb28dc.JPG

• 1 month later...

Hi,

A little over 3.5 months here. Growth has definitely started. The photo is taken in a little less harsh light than the others so may seem a little better than it is.

Few things I've been thinking at this stage. I didn't really anticipate what I'd do if people noticed a change. My friend recently asked me "are you growing hair". I kinda got weird and said "I don't think so" but I'm going to go back and tell him the truth, just wasn't prepared at the time. Also I saw my old boss the other day and he kept looking at me. I'm wondering if he noticed. Oh well I don't really care that much because it doesn't seem to look unnatural. I did a mega session with close to 5000 grafts but at this point I'm starting to wonder if I could do it over maybe I'd do less so the change isn't so drastic and won't draw as much attention to me but still it's nice to see it coming in. That's it for now, I'll probably update again in a month or so.

IMG_0430.thumb.JPG.f9c0f1234a2102536b533255881404f6.JPG

• 1 month later...

One photo is under harsh direct light the other isn't. I started on proscar 5 months ago as well and have upped to the full dose in about the last 2 months. At this point I feel like things are looking good, strange to think more is on the way. I can't say I have any regrets at this point. Will try to provide photos from the back eventually.

IMG_0467.JPG.c19e5371ba7723d9598f0db9e3717492.JPG

IMG_0468.JPG.b634cc5f0db5d5b8eaaa684c07df0fe6.JPG

Looking good, you are exactly where you should be. All those hairs will thicken up quite a bit in the next 3-7 months.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I have an appointment with Dr. Wong in less than a month. I'm feeling a little unsure as of now. Partly because I didn't choose Wong he was just assigned to me instead of Hasson. Should I be concerned? I've seen good results from Wong, just not as many as Hasson. Also I attached photos that are about a year old. Do I seem like a good candidate? I'm 33 now.

I just posted the exact opposite of your post. I was just assigned Hasson but it seemed like a saw more results for Wong. So funny. I have been researching fut for a while now. I am going to their clinic next week for my fut. Edited by Bobdillan01

• 2 months later...

Ok everbody, as you can see it's really come in and matured. These photos were taken at approximately 7.5 months after the procedure. Scarring is pretty minimal and I think has been decreasing overtime. I can definitely say the waiting is over and enjoyment has fully set it in. I can say I'm happy with my choice of Dr. Wong.

Sometimes I still wonder is baldness a problem worth treating? At this point I'm tempted to say no but that's easy for me to say now. For most guys I see around I think shaving down is the best option but occasionally I see a guy and think you'd be a great HT candidate Anyway I think this might be my last update for awhile, I may do a 1 year final later.

IMG_0578.JPG.6308235b56f9da6f04b18c0e1fe3c7c5.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG.f39d50ffcdc4025d55b3633a67eaa8c0.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG.cb97c8fc430404522510748eb92405bf.JPG