Newbie - i think i just roasted my implants

Helly everybody,

new here, so i had a FUE transplant over 36 hours ago. Ive been trying to pay attention like avoid bumping which I already, over scrubbing which i have managed to avoid however I am aware I shouldnt use a hair dryer. For some crazy reason I decided to cook a feast today. Couple of ovens on, pots and pans boiling water etc. Obviously i didnt place my head in the oven and tried to avoid the heat...but the kitchen was hot and now im nervous. I never read any post op instructions about cooking !! any advice would be much appreciated

I just had a small second FUE yesterday so congratulations on your procedure! We're on a similar recovery timeline.

I wouldn't worry at all about the heat. I cannot imagine that indirect heat in the kitchen would cause any issue with your transplants. A number of doctors even gently clean the transplants next day so even a mild degree of direct manipulation is unlikely to dislodge them at this point. They are generally packed in there pretty tightly!

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

I think the heat itself shouldn't directly affect the grafts, more any excessive sweating from the heat could potentially pop some grafts. Hope it helps

You will be fine a steamy kitchen is not going to cause an issue to the grafts. Many clinics like you to spray the recipient area post op and daily washing is advised. Don't worry and I hope the meal was nice? What did you cook?

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson