Dr. Feller or Hasson & Wong?

Hi, I've done some research regarding hair transplants, and I'm still undecided.

Dr. Feller has deemed me a candidate, and I've yet to hear from Hasson & Wong.

I'm looking for dense packing for my diffusion on top of my head, as well as some hairline restoration.

Which of the two do you think would be most suitable?

Any other suggestions for Dr's/

Both clinics are elite level hair transplant centers, so you can't go wrong in a choice between such great doctors.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Hi, I've done some research regarding hair transplants, and I'm still undecided.

Dr. Feller has deemed me a candidate, and I've yet to hear from Hasson & Wong.

I'm looking for dense packing for my diffusion on top of my head, as well as some hairline restoration.

Which of the two do you think would be most suitable?

Any other suggestions for Dr's/

I'd highly recommend Hasson & Wong any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Feller is solid, but I think H&W consistently produce outstanding results and are best in the field. Other recommendations are Dr Ron Shapiro and Dr Rahal. Those were my final 3.

Thanks for your interest in our clinic. You mention you have not heard from us, did you fill out an online consultation? You can PM me is you would like to discuss further.

Lots of good names been mentioned to you that would be worth consulting.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Pity they quote in U.S. Dollars though :(

The price calculator on their web site where you type the number of grafts desired and then it instantly calculates the prices of FUT and FUE really highlights how much more expensive FUE is.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Oh really? Maybe the prices are different depending on your ip. Or maybe they've changed since I had my procedure. I paid what was on their site in cdn dollars.

no, I researched this. They quote Canadians the same amount in Canadian dollars, and American's and non- Canadians in US dollars. When you log onto the website from the states and overseas, the price calculator specifically states US Dollars. When I was touring Canada, I specifically logged onto the website using a Canadian computer and saw the quote in Canadian dollars for the same abount, i.e. $5 a graft FUT in US dollars when logging in from the States, whilst in Canada, it was $5 a graft in Canadian dollars. Guess you Candian's get the hometown discount.

Oh really? Maybe the prices are different depending on your ip. Or maybe they've changed since I had my procedure. I paid what was on their site in cdn dollars.

When I log on to the H&W site from my computer in the U.S. the price is in US Dollars and my quote was in US dollars (from last year). I actually called the H&W rep out on this when I was considering Dr Hasson for my procedure and I tried my luck and asked if I could pay the same in Canadian dollars. He mentioned that they have to charge American's in US Dollars due to indemnity insurance for American's or something like that. I personally thought it was nonsense, and regret not asking him why they then charge other internationals in US dollars too.

Dr Rahal actually did the same thing where they initially quoted me in US dollars. They did revise that policy a few weeks before my procedure, and the quote changed to the same value in Canadian dollars giving me a massive discount.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the practice, and clinics are well within their right to price their services/product however they choose. However, they do run the risk of patients talking to each other and thereby upsetting the one that got the higher quote if there pricing structure discriminates against or favors a particular demographic. I think this is why Rahal changed their pricing structure and made it consistent. I talked to a lot of Hasson and Rahal patients when I was researching, and I always asked them straight-out what they were quoted and whether it was in US or Canadian dollars. That's partly how I caught onto the practice.

I also think we should all be way more transparent with each other on these types of forums, but a lot of members get so sensitive when it comes to sharing anything dollar related.

Thank you for your responses, I have chosen to opt with H&W and have booked a consultation.

I really would appreciate if we stayed more on topic though and talked about hair, half the responses that were posted in this thread were about Canadian and American pricing

Also, I was thinking: I'm currently on Finasteride now, but have heard of people switching to Dutasteride and getting better results/thickening.

What if I waited until the surgery date and got on Dutasteride then, to maximize the growth potential for my hair?

Also, I was thinking: I'm currently on Finasteride now, but have heard of people switching to Dutasteride and getting better results/thickening.

What if I waited until the surgery date and got on Dutasteride then, to maximize the growth potential for my hair?

Good job selecting H&W. I would check with Hasson and follow his advice regarding Dutasteride. I know he is a fan of Fin. I would think that's it not a smart move to change up medication at this stage as you don't want to interfere with the cycles around the surgery date. This was the feedback I got from Dr Rahal when I enquired about switching from Propecia to cut-up Proscar (both brand names) which is essentially the exact same thing. His rationale was that I should wait until 6 or so months after surgery before switching this us as our bodies can react to even the slightest change in routine/dosage.

I am also sticking to Fin until it starts to lose its effectiveness on me, and then at that time I will switch to Dutasteride. Call it a plan B in my back pocket for the future.