I have had a hair transplant, mostly in the crown area. The company guaranteed, that 90% of the follicles would grow. The result was not satisfying, but when I came for my check a little over a year after the transplant, the company couldn't find my pre-op photos. So there was no visual proof of how the area looked, before I had the transplant (My crown area wasn't totally bald, but thinning). The doctor then told me, that the result was nealy 100%. He said, that it was possible to see on the individual follicle, whether it was a transplanted follicle or a follicle, that was there before the transplant,

Is it really possible to see that on the individual follicle, where it origins from? Are they so unique?

That really depends on how visible the recipient incision scarring is one year after surgery. Using magnification, it is possible to see where there is a hair shaft growing that was a transplanted graft.

The other thing is that usually within a thinning area, the native hair is diffusing and is fairly easy to recognize as native hair verses transplanted hair that is growing.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY