Dr. Wong 4377 / FUE /stage 6 - 5.5 months post-op

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an additional data point, I recently had my FUE surgery with Dr. Hasson and my transection rate was 2.2%.

Incredible transection rate. Another example why H&W have earned their credentials. They admittedly took their time getting into FUE and have now mastered it on their own terms, using well trained techs and practicing strict protocals. This on top of remaining very competive cost wise.

• 4 weeks later...

det9925,

Sorry for not responding sooner, I have been away.

I would say it would definitely vary by doc and tool. The better clinics using a small punch should be able to achieve something similar. However, you would most likely not get the same looking donor with a less skilled clinic with inferior technology using a larger punch.

Harebrained:

Well said.

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Dutchie!

delancy:

For the sake of this discussion let’s assume 7,000 grafts total in the donor reserves to start instead of 7377. If we assume the total number of grafts in the sides and back is 14,000 of which 7,000 can be used before it starts to look too thin, 7,000 would be left to create the normal appearance; we can then say his reserves represent 50% of the total grafts if I understand the question correctly.

Hi Doug,

Wouldn't you say that extracting 50% of someone's total donor zone vie FUE will make the donor zone see through in the average patient?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

The transection rate in this case looks to be about 3%
Great. So good to see such a big and successful FUE, and nice to hear people asking about transection rates. It's such an important part of the process to consider and one that is overlooked in a lot of FUE threads.

If FUE gets up there next to FUT regarding transection rates, big scars will be a thing of the past and hair restoration will take a step forward.

Hi Doug,

Wouldn't you say that extracting 50% of someone's total donor zone vie FUE will make the donor zone see through in the average patient?

As a general rule, Dr. Wong says no, but there could be variables in every case. While indeed it will be less dense, you shouldn't notice much difference. As an estimate, what has been taken in this patient represents around 30% of what was there and I see no real visible difference. So if we consider hypothetically another 30% or so taken which would represent 50% of the original total, it seems to be reasonable.

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

That's interesting Doug. What yield difference in percent has been observed between FUE and strip at H&W?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

That's interesting Doug. What yield difference in percent has been observed between FUE and strip at H&W?

Amazingly enough not much if any. Based on a recent conversation I had, you could make a case that our FUE may even be higher under certain conditions. With both in the very high 90%, it's nice for a patient with typical donor area characteristics to know that yield should not be a consideration when deciding between FUT and FUE at our clinic.

Hassonandwong.com

Amazingly enough not much if any. Based on a recent conversation I had, you could make a case that our FUE may even be higher under certain conditions. With both in the very high 90%, it's nice for a patient with typical donor area characteristics to know that yield should not be a consideration when deciding between FUT and FUE at our clinic.

yhzjy.jpg

I have witness FUE being done at Hasson and Wong. Its not done by having 2-4 techs talking out as many grafts as they can as fast as they can work on another patient. It is done by one tech for each doctor. They are meticulously taking out one at a time , carefully examined under the microscope and trimmed. Many clinics do not trim the grafts before inserting them in the recipient site. From what I witnessed the transection rate is around 1-2%. Hasson and Wong don't do 5000 FUE in one day because they don't want to sacrifice quality and final outcome. I believe they average about 1500-2000 grafts per day with FUE.

Edited by lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Amazingly enough not much if any. Based on a recent conversation I had, you could make a case that our FUE may even be higher under certain conditions. With both in the very high 90%, it's nice for a patient with typical donor area characteristics to know that yield should not be a consideration when deciding between FUT and FUE at our clinic

So Doug, you guys right now are doing approximately 1,500 FUE's per day.

Roughly how many hours does it take you do those 1,500 grafts

Sorry I misunderstood! Thanks for the clarification I have taken the comments down.

Dutchie from what I have seen depending on the patient donor and other aspects the number can be as high as 2500 a day. Extractions can take as long as 6-8 hours so yes its a long day but the patient is comfortable throughout the procedure. The last two Italian patients I helped, one received 1800 the first day and the second one received 2500 in one day. I am basing my opinion on what I have seen and Doug may have a different, more accurate number.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Maybe I am wrong but this is my understanding.

The grafts are trimmed to get rid of any access fat or skin. When the grafts comes out of the donor it is not perfectly round. When trim it goes into the receipt easier, heals quicker and to avoids the chance of pitting. I have seem work for some of the top fue doctors in the world and the results were great but some of the patients had a bit of pitying. Although I don't believe this makes a difference in growth, it make the grafts appear more smooth/natural as its growing through the skin.

Again this may not be correct.

Lorenzo thanks for explaining that in layman's terms.

While back a while ago & I mean a while ago that trimming the grafts was the thing to do, for reasons one of several reasons you mention, but today I notice a lot of clinics don't bother doing this anymore, well very few anyways from what I've researched.

I guess each clinic has there own protocol on each unique patient.

Honestly, the thought never once crossed my mind that someone would actually take that picture literally.

My bad, I'll go back to my corner now.

Keep doing your thing, Doug and H&W

Sarcastic humor doesnt really work well over the internet

Sorry I misunderstood! Thanks for the clarification I have taken the comments down.

Dutchie from what I have seen depending on the patient donor and other aspects the number can be as high as 2500 a day. Extractions can take as long as 6-8 hours so yes its a long day but the patient is comfortable throughout the procedure. The last two Italian patients I helped, one received 1800 the first day and the second one received 2500 in one day. I am basing my opinion on what I have seen and Doug may have a different, more accurate number

Is there no way they can knock you out for the whole day with some type of strong sleeping pill??

Who cares about missing lunch, I need to lose a bit of weight anyways....LOL

Hasson and Wong don't use sleeping pills they use a guy name Chuck that comes by and knocked you out. Chucks is not only a body builder he trained in kickboxing and is an patient from Hasson and Wong. You may have seen him on franks red hot sauce commercial talking like Arnold. Usually one good punch from him you are knocked out for the whole day.

attachment.jpg.67283e194e156cbd62fd5eb300f3c021.jpg

Hasson and Wong don't use sleeping pills they use a guy name Chuck that comes by and knocked you out. Chucks is not only a body builder he trained in kickboxing and is an patient from Hasson and Wong. You may have seen him on franks red hot sauce commercial talking like Arnold. Usually one good punch from him you are knocked out for the whole day.

I don't mean to brag but it took Chuck 3 punches to put be under....

Hassonandwong.com

• 2 weeks later...

Man I'm seriously thinking about boosting my graft count from 12000 grafts I've already had to 14000 just for the hell of it lmao. Some great work going on now!!!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 7 months later...

As promised and requested, here is an update. He did listen to me and grow his hair out! These photos are 15 months post-op. His expectations are pretty high so he may opt for another 1,000 grafts for the crown at some stage but he's certainly come a long way.

IR-Dr.W-FUE-front.jpg

IR-Dr.W-FUE-front-tilt.jpg

IR-Dr.W-FUE-left-close.jpg

IR-Dr.W-FUE-crown.jpg

IR-Dr.W-FUE-top.jpg

IR-Dr.W-FUE-top2.jpg

Hassonandwong.com