HT options for people with a very low donor area?

I have diffused thinning on the sides and back of my head and although I've not had a diagnosis I'm fairly confident its retrograde alopecia.

Do I have any options for an FUE procedure? I was thinking about getting a body hair transplant since I unfortunately have hair every where else in my body. Has anyone ever had any experience with it? Any feedback?

Hi

Yes, we have seen hair loss NW 6/7 individuals had HT with good results.

Depending on where you live and state of your walet, you can HT.

There are some good HT surgeons who perform BHT like Dr Bhatti and Dr Kail Dua in india. There is Talizi HT centre in Geiorgia Eastern Europe where they can transplant hair form virtually every part of the body to head.

If your budget is good, you can have done with Dr Umar in Califronia.

Hope this helps and please up date the forum

sultsay

FM,

Has your donor been evaluated by anyone in person?

I saw an image you posted previously, but it looked like you had a "fade cut" sort of styling in the donor -- where it was purposely shaved shorter in the region commonly affected in retrograde alopecia. Any other pictures?

I think the general consensus is to use scalp hair until you're absolutely tapped, and then branch out to other sources ONLY IF you absolutely need to. Body hair growth rates are poor, the cycling of the body hair follicles themselves make it less beneficial cosmetically, it has different characteristics compared to scalp hair, and scarring in other regions of the body can be an issue (especially in individuals with darker skin tones, as scarring tends to be "hypopigmented" or a lighter, white tone).

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Very wise words From Dr. Blake...;)

You definitely want to have your scalp donor physically examined to see if it is indeed unstable or not before doing anything else.

If you are going to consider BH, then I would highly advise to try a smaller test session to see how you respond to it.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY