Eighth day after FUT and my head feels really tight...

I'm 17 days FUT post-op and I still have a light bit of tightness. At day 8 I was certainly feeling tightness and dryness as well. At day 11 I had a major turning point though, and the tightness decreased dramatically. I'm still a bit tight at the donor, and it's still healing, but it's a marked improvement from the first week.

As for the dryness...had that as well, and as I shed some hairs and scans, there was a return to normalcy.

Im day day 17 post op FUE, my head is still pretty tight but getting better. Im assuming its par for the course. My recipient area is also a bit raised. Is yours? Maybe at day 8 you shouldnt touch it for a few more days, or at least be very light. Im assuming due to swelling that Im also assuming will go down over time as the redness decreases.

Great thank you so much for the replies! It puts my mind at ease that I am not alone. It is strange though that it did not feel tight before these last two days but now does maybe it has something to do with the sutures being taken out.

The tightness will subside a bit when you get the staples / sutures removed . However , your scalp will probably feel tight for a while longer . Even at 4 months post op . I still have a slightly numb sensation , but it feels more normal as the weeks go by .

Is completely normal. No worries.

The feeling wont completely return for another 6 to 12 months either, because nerves were severed and they have to regrow and heal themselves.

I'm almost at 3 months now and the feeling around the scar is slowly coming back :)

Thanks again so much, also is it normal to have scabs/crust that are located in the middle of the hair instead of at the base and also still attached. I have several hairs that are still attached but have crusts in the middle. Does this mean the hair did not properly root?

Edited by worrywort