Dr. Parsley medical treatment only

36 y/o WM with a 10 year history of gradually worsening hair loss came in wanting a transplant. We decided to check the response to medication first. The results at one year are presented, but it is currently just as strong 6 years later. Sorry I didn't take a "before" picture from the left side but I think the thinning was obvious. He is very happy and doesn't desire surgery at this time.

01-TopB.thumb.jpg.914e5af35dfad9ef7f7c79b138375df3.jpg

02TopA.thumb.jpg.1101bb9e9160e7807b6b52d5be17092d.jpg

03-VertB.thumb.jpg.a787e8b90b7eca7b1054dae52da0ab27.jpg

04-VertA.thumb.jpg.58571421c03057f958453ecd7dcc8579.jpg

05-LSafter.thumb.jpg.459bbd1ee0b7e41352b6c83fe511af27.jpg

Dr. Parsley is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Doc, do you have the dosing schedule? 0.25mg every other day?

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

What medical treatment was used ? The obvious Fin, Min, both? Or was prp / Acell was being implemented also or maybe lazer cap also.

Please rectify what medications was used dose, time blah blah.

Thanks

This is incredibly impressive. Regrettably, most people do not respond to nonsurgical treatments this well. But apparently it worked wonders for this patient and really does make a good case for trying medical treatments prior to undergoing her transplant surgery. Of course, there is the possibility of side effects that come along with medical treatments but people will ultimately have to decide for themselves whether or not The possibility of side effects is worth it.

I making the assumption that the result above is from 1 mg of finasteride daily however, since it was not stated, it would be great if you could come back and explain what their hair loss treatment regimen was. I know that's a combination of both finasteride and minoxidil is the most effective treatment combination for anyone considering nonsurgical treatments. Thought it would be nice you know exactly what this patient did to obtain these kind of impressive results.

Thanks again for posting Dr. Parsley,

Bill