Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, April 13th 2016 2490 grafts (Total 4892 grafts)

Yaz89

Hi everyone,

I had my second surgery at Asmed last week on the 13th April (2016). Once again my experience was truly wonderful.

I arrived in Turkey in the late afternoon after my flight was delayed for more than 2 hours. And reached the clinic about 3.30pm due to the heavy traffic. Standard procedure really; photographs were taken consisting of dry and wet shots. And I waited for Dr Erdogan to finish evaluating my photos. I took the opportunity to say hello to all the staff who were still there from my last visit in 2013. I am happy to say they have not forgotten who I was! (All them hugs and kisses)

Now the moment I had been waiting for. To once again meet the man who helped turn my life around; Dr Erdogan. I was led upstairs and there he was. With a huge smile, we embraced like old friends.

We discussed my pervious experience and had a good catch up.

Now the main things I wanted to know:

My donor density, the microns of my donor and my donor capacity:

My donor after my first operation was calculated at 8500 grafts. When I was told this, I was shocked. I could not believe this figure as I already had 2400 grafts from my first surgery. I kept asking "are you sure". I have no data regarding my total donor before any surgery but Dr Erdogan stated I had 10,500 total donor.

My micron was measured at 70. Once again this measurement was given after removing 2400 grafts from first surgery. I was then told I have over 5.5k donor left in reserve after second surgery.

We then headed downstairs were we discussed the hair line and Dilek appeared. Hugs were exchanged, I thanked her and she looked at her handy work (she was the main tech who worked on me last time). Dr Erdogan asked me what type of hair line I wanted. I said to lower it, close the temples slightly (my right temple had more loss) and fill in the weak areas. Dr Erdogan with Dilek discussed the hair line and I wanted it to be lower! He said to trust him as he wanted to work on the vertex and I am glad I did.

Over to graft numbers. I told him I have a budget of 3000 grafts. And to my surprise Dr Erdogan and Dilek said I only need 2400 as my donor is really dense (they commented it how dense it was; when Dr Erdogan was doing his measurements I could see from his face he was surprised). I wanted 3k but once again Dr Erdogan and Dilek asked me to trust them.

I met Alessio the marketing manager and his hair at I think at 7 months is looking excellent. I found him to be very soft-spoken. I also met Dr Umut who also has had his surgery with the clinic. I found this guy very serious and he was really scary. But I managed to make him laugh and he was joking about as well. Alessio's and Dr Umat's results have been posted on this forum.

Hair line was agreed, photos taken and I was taken back to the hotel.

The next day I was picked up by the clinic driver and taken to the clinic. Head was shaved again and washed. I was taken downstairs and surgery began at 8am. After the extractions were completed and lunch. I was given meds by Dr Umat. PRP was administered before or after Dr Erdogan came in to make the incisions, I cannot remember when. After this time, I fell asleep. I woke up at 4.30pm and surgery was just about to finish. I received 2490 grafts and was not charged for the extra 90

I think the reason I kept falling asleep was I had been awake since 12pm UK time from Monday and did not sleep much from Tuesday when I was in Turkey. I must have been awake for 35 hours plus.

Photos were taken and I was given my med kit. I had to use the ATP spray every 2 hours for 2 days. It ran out by the third day. Back at the hotel I felt good. I met a few other patients as well and we had dinner together.

Sleeping was great and I awoke on Thursday refreshed. No swelling at all. Once again, I was taken to the clinic for washing and dropped back to the hotel, bandage was removed. I spent the whole day sight seeing and visited different malls.

Friday morning I was taken back to the clinic for washing. I did not get to say goodbye Dr Erdogan as he was busy in surgery. I bid goodbye to the staff I did see and left for the airport. I arrived in the UK at 2pm and went through customs quickly. I was in my car by 4pm (I drove myself to the airport and back). It took me 4 hours to get home due to the traffic and roadwork's when the usual travelling time is 90 mins. Once at home the swelling started. Swelling had gone by Wednesday.

Once again, many thanks to Dr Erdogan, Dilek, my personal translator and all the other staff at Asmed.

Graft number:

(Second surgery)

Single: 409

Double: 1392

Triple: 633

Quadruple: 54

Quintpule: 2

Average number per graft: 2.14

First surgery graft numbers from 2013:

Single: 489

Double: 1159

Triple: 700

Multiple:54

Average number per graft: 2.13

Total for 2 surgeries: 4892

Singles: 898

Double: 2551

Triple: 1333

Quad: 108

Quintuple: 2

Dry hair:

_DSC4474.thumb.jpg.80b80c33f91adbe944a76e37008c2b14.jpg

_DSC4476.thumb.jpg.fdc0916fd9fe15c5468c6aa7e9841e69.jpg

_DSC4477.thumb.jpg.55a4bc251cd48b7bc5644da1df60e80b.jpg

_DSC4478.thumb.jpg.779c4c1e360a561134d5df3cbdb9233c.jpg

_DSC4479.thumb.jpg.b8eb6a91e1e261a76ce462739db86726.jpg

_DSC4480.thumb.jpg.4c6085e6b8e87601140e586b5905f752.jpg

_DSC4481.thumb.jpg.867bbca559102e6cd5f960f9de71c5af.jpg

_DSC4482.thumb.jpg.396127c997526f32c831e9f33d2b6c35.jpg

_DSC4483.thumb.jpg.cda38c8231d12d21a438aa7764787123.jpg

_DSC4484.thumb.jpg.8596b1b3ab93a9ff488d94aae12de3ac.jpg

_DSC4485.thumb.jpg.f8e0d9bf5b7d2c8031379053a32d00df.jpg

_DSC4486.thumb.jpg.0ef86e280639630e4d83cca5f1acf66e.jpg

Edited by Yaz89

I will post 10 days post-op photos later on today. It has been a breeze and I have spend my two weeks holiday just mooching around home. Watched the Queen's 90th birthday! Back to work on Monday and I hardly have any redness

your hair looks very good after the first transplant :)

Thank you. Yes it was good for the amount of grafts and consisting how big my hair loss was. I really hope this second surgery will grow out even better

Hi Yaz89, congrats on the 2nd HT. I followed your original thread and it was an influencer in my own decision to choose Asmed/Erdogan. I had my procedure in December, Dilek was my main Tech, Umat took care of the drugs, and Alessio was happy for me to closely inspect his own HT when he was approaching his 3 own month milestone...it was great to see all those familiar names in your write up.

I look forward to reading your updates!

This comes to show that when people say I will get a FUE and just shave my head if need later on... With dark hair it looks really obvious with all those little scars with a shaved head. Anyways you should be able to keep it long and flowy for years to come. good luck

Hi Yaz89, congrats on the 2nd HT. I followed your original thread and it was an influencer in my own decision to choose Asmed/Erdogan. I had my procedure in December, Dilek was my main Tech, Umat took care of the drugs, and Alessio was happy for me to closely inspect his own HT when he was approaching his 3 own month milestone...it was great to see all those familiar names in your write up.

I look forward to reading your updates!

Thank you Ersko. You're hairline inspired me really but I already had decent temple points and peaks. They just needed refining. I measured my hairline from my forehead down to the eyebrows and it is 6cm. Not bad at all.

Asmed is just like a big family really. Congrats on your recent updates, it is looking great

This comes to show that when people say I will get a FUE and just shave my head if need later on... With dark hair it looks really obvious with all those little scars with a shaved head. Anyways you should be able to keep it long and flowy for years to come. good luck

Densedream, you are correct in your observation regarding my donor. FUT or FUE leave scar(s). The skin tone does play an huge role. My black hair does hide it quite well. After my first transplant, I could pull off a 0.5 blade, blended in. I am sure my great donor should cover it! Currently, running my hand through my donor, I cannot feel a difference and it still feels very thick. I was thinking about getting permanent smp onto the FUE scars, once my transplant had grown out; but now the thread regarding Doctor Rassman and his views on SMP has slightly worried me.

Great write up again yaz , look forward to seeing your 2nd ht progress :)

Thanks Wibbles! Great to see familiar names from my last thread!

• 4 weeks later...

Coolio :)

When I had my first transplant, I only had an weak frontal fore lock, weak mid-scalp and vertex and also my crown area on the right side (but I believe this a family trademark as all my brothers have it). From my first transplant all my native hairs had grown back up the 4th month mark. I had my first transplant nearly 3 years ago.

My second transplant which was last month (5 weeks ago). All the native and transplanted hair from the first surgery are slowly growing back. I would say roughly about 40%. I think I should be back to my pre-op appearance by the 4th month. I have been on fin for nearly 3 years and I believe this was the reason why I have kept the native hairs

Coolio :)

When I had my first transplant, I only had an weak frontal fore lock, weak mid-scalp and vertex and also my crown area on the right side (but I believe this a family trademark as all my brothers have it). From my first transplant all my native hairs had grown back up the 4th month mark. I had my first transplant nearly 3 years ago.

My second transplant which was last month (5 weeks ago). All the native and transplanted hair from the first surgery are slowly growing back. I would say roughly about 40%. I think I should be back to my pre-op appearance by the 4th month. I have been on fin for nearly 3 years and I believe this was the reason why I have kept the native hairs

Thx for answer Bro.

So after 4 month you was looking as pre op or is that when your hair started to grow back? Or how many percentage did grow back after 4 month after the first one?

Good for you, Yaz.

It's nice to know that Erdogan counselled against lowering the hairline excessively, the design you settled on looks superb and I'm sure once it all grows in you'll be thrilled. I think Erdogan gets an unjustified bad rap sometimes for being overly aggressive when, in reality, he often has patients with obscene amounts of donor/good characteristics (such as yourself ;)) with whom he can afford to be a little more aggressive (and inevitably, these will produce those "knockout" results that invite criticism).

Here's hoping the eventual result will keep you happy for many years to come, all the best!

Thx for answer Bro.

So after 4 month you was looking as pre op or is that when your hair started to grow back? Or how many percentage did grow back after 4 month after the first one?

I was back to normal by the 4th month. All of it had grown back. I had no temp or permanent shock loss. That is the advantage of manual fue, a skilled doctor who does excellent incisions. Take a look at my first thread to see the monthly photo updates.

Good for you, Yaz.

It's nice to know that Erdogan counselled against lowering the hairline excessively, the design you settled on looks superb and I'm sure once it all grows in you'll be thrilled. I think Erdogan gets an unjustified bad rap sometimes for being overly aggressive when, in reality, he often has patients with obscene amounts of donor/good characteristics (such as yourself ;)) with whom he can afford to be a little more aggressive (and inevitably, these will produce those "knockout" results that invite criticism).

Here's hoping the eventual result will keep you happy for many years to come, all the best!

Thanks mate! I have measured my hair line from my temples and from the centre of the forehead to the eyebrows. It is 6cm. So it is low enough. Dr Erdogan actually advised me to keep the old hair line but I had issues with styling. It is just perfect. I am sure once it grows out, it will really suit my facial features.

I know he gets flank but mostly from people who have not had surgery with him. He has all the high tech to measure the donor and I was amazed by my capacity. So far I have had 4892 grafts with 6000 remaining. I will ask the clinic to confirm the numbers. I don't think I need any more surgeries!

• Administrators

Congrats on your new journey, your hair already looked great, this surgery should make it so you look like you never had a hair problem at all. I've always been impressed with how through Dr. Erdogan is with his calculations of the donor capacity and micron hair diameter. I wish I could find a doctor in my area that had the tools to measure this, I think the only other doctor who I've seen measure hair diameter is Dr. Lorenzo.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Congrats Yaz. Should turn out awesome. Just like Erkso it was your posts that made me choose Dr Erdogan as my doc and I'm glad I did as I'm really happy with my results. Thanks for sharing all your posts mate.

Congrats on your new journey, your hair already looked great, this surgery should make it so you look like you never had a hair problem at all. I've always been impressed with how through Dr. Erdogan is with his calculations of the donor capacity and micron hair diameter. I wish I could find a doctor in my area that had the tools to measure this, I think the only other doctor who I've seen measure hair diameter is Dr. Lorenzo.

HTsoon, thank you for the kind words. I wish so to. We all know how hard it is and watching, waiting for it over.

You are correct, it is very important to use the donor wisely. These factors do have a big influence on the final outcome. Didn't Dr Diep measure your donor?

Congrats Yaz. Should turn out awesome. Just like Erkso it was your posts that made me choose Dr Erdogan as my doc and I'm glad I did as I'm really happy with my results. Thanks for sharing all your posts mate.

Once again, thank you. Not that Dr Erdogan needs the promo...I am merely helping people who are in the same situation I was.