Finally did it!!!!!!!!!

jrsmith28

I just got back to my hotel room after spending the day with Dr. Cooley and his staff. I underwent my first FUT.

Soooooo many feeling right now. I have been contemplating this move for over 10 years and so happy I finally did it. I couldn't sleep last night I was so nervous.

I will post pictures tomorrow and start tracking my progress as the long wait officially begins!

Congrats!! I had a procedure with Dr. Cooley on Dec 8th and am currently about 4.5 months out. You are in great hands I had an FUT as well. Cooley and his staff are a class act and really one of the elite in hair transplantation. So many people worry about the scar with FUT and I can honestly say mine is hard to find now not long post op. My advice is just take it easy for the first couple days, binge watch some Netflix. I have pics posted also on the forum is you look up my user info and thread posts. Good luck, great choice, and happy growing! Be patient with it! Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.

I can only echo all the above. Congrats on your procedure and looking forward to your pics.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Jrsmith,

Dr. Cooley is a truly standup guy and surgeon. I've had the opportunity to meet with him in person several times and have always enjoyed talking with him. His passion and enthusiasm for his work and his patients is second to none.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your photos and watching your new hair blossom and bloom over the next year. I'm sure you're very excited about this and the community will be here to support you while you are in progress.

Please let me know if there's anything I can personally do for you. As the managing publisher of this community, I want to be available to anybody who needs me.

Bill

Thank you all!! I'll be looking forward to some feedback. I couldn't imagine a better experience than what I had with Dr Cooley and staff. I was nervous about the strip and that actually turned out to be the easiest part. They make you feel so comfortable. I'll attach some day 2 pics.

Big time congratulations man! The hard part is over... Now you just have to sit back and be patient and let the magic happen. My biggest piece of advice I can give you moving forward is to try and not analyze your hair every day waiting for the hairs to grow. You'll only drive yourself crazy if you do this. Let it run its course and do its thing, and then you'll wake up one day and be shocked with your progress.

Looking forward to updates.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Thanks for posting your pics. That's going to give you quite a transformation when it grows in!

How many grafts did you receive?

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Congrats! I was in there with Dr. Cooley recently also. Actually, trying to figure out the best place to get my sutures out. Right now, looking at CVS. Any suggestions in the Atlanta area?

Congrats! I was in there with Dr. Cooley recently also. Actually, trying to figure out the best place to get my sutures out. Right now, looking at CVS. Any suggestions in the Atlanta area?

I have no clue. I was planning on going back to Charlotte to get them out so they could look at everything too. I'm probably just being overly cautious.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little over 3 weeks and have a question. I don't think I have shed anything yet. Don't you typically shed within the first few weeks? Does it just hit all at once or is it a gradual shed?

I'm a little over 3 weeks and have a question. I don't think I have shed anything yet. Don't you typically shed within the first few weeks? Does it just hit all at once or is it a gradual shed?

A couple things:

1) Soon as you think you might be one of the few that keeps some of the hair, it falls out. Will start any day now.

2) Cool that you get to see 3 weeks of the initial growth. You might take a pic while you still have it.

Yup!!! It's almost gone. Funny how that happens. It's definitely gradual...but noticeable. I also just shaved my hair down to a 5 attachment. I'm basically back to pre-op now with minor redness and slightly visible scar line.

Your recipient area looks like it's pretty much back to normal in those photos! And the donor area will just keep looking even better with time. Congrats. Stay patient. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56