Video: Dr Steven Gabel – Portland/Seattle – 3655 Grafts Frontal Hairline Region

This patient from the Los Angeles area desired to have his hairline and frontal area of his scalp transplanted to restore his hair in those areas.

3655 follicular unit grafts were transplanted into the frontal hairline region in one session. The photographs demonstrate his appearance before the transplant and at his one-year follow up visit. Additionally, we included close-up photographs of the hairline and transplanted area in the frontal region of the scalp.

The patient is on finasteride and minoxidil which are helping to maintain his natural hair – in fact, he has had an excellent response to the medications which have thickened his hair. The patient is very active in sports and is extremely satisfied with the results he has obtained as he feels he has gained a more youthful appearance by framing his face with the transplanted hairs and boosted his overall confidence.

Frontal_zpss033tlp6.jpg

Frontal45down_zpsodu8xata.jpg

Frontalfulldown_zpsok8knqut.jpg

Closeupfrontal_zpsboiscipa.jpg

Closeupleft_zpse0oshw3z.jpg

Closeupright_zpspsg63vlw.jpg

Left%2045_zpscpvvkgeb.jpg

Left%20full_zpsk0fmoefe.jpg

Right45_zpsgv20eoam.jpg

Right%20full_zpsszxk1ony.jpg

Top_zps0g4joccf.jpg

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I love these videos it just tells more of the story dont it? I

demand more videos from clinics as I would rather see videos than badly taken photo's under bad lightning.

Now for this patient yep Dr done a fine job but must be noted that he sure did have some real dense donor chararistics with proberly a lot of 3 & 4s plus I agree that this young patient who also responded well on meds, so IMO he had above average going for him.

great job doctor.

Edited by ontop
typo

Very nice. I assume placement was in the frontal 3rd and behind the hair line some? Nice outcome. I would shorten the hair if I were the pt and look for that sweet spot. The result is plenty dense enough for that.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Really impressive result. Excellent natural hairline.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome result

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Dr. Gabel, it's nice to see you presenting high-quality videos in addition to your photos. It certainly proves the kind of exceptional work that you are right girlie doing. Given that it is now 2016, I truly believe that all physicians should be employing the use of video and presenting them on this community to show off examples of their results.

Besides in addition to taking photos and presenting them on each physician recommendation profile, we also take the videos doctors present on this forum and add them to each doctor recommendation and Coalition profile. This will certainly help patients see the kind of exceptional work you and other doctors we recommend regularly do.

Keep up the great work.

Bill

@ontop: I agree with you that this patient not only has "above average going for him" and even more so has excellent hair characteristics such as hair shaft diameter, color, and area that was transplanted in his favor. However, if the transplant is not done well, and the grafts are not placed correctly, and the grafts don't survive, then hair characteristics aside, they will not obtain the results they wanted. In this patient's case, his hair characteristics are optimal for a hair transplant, and the surgery was very successful giving him a fantastic result.

@spanker: Yes: placement was in the frontal 1/3. One of the reasons he had the transplant was to grow his hair long and he loves it now - that is his style.

@Pete-from-Farjo and @David and @Biz: Thank you for positive feedback

@Mickey85: I will prepare some immediate postoperative photos and post them. And I appreciate the positive comments as well. My team and I take great pride in making sure the grafts are prepared and placed perfectly. My lead tech as over 14 years experience in hair restoration and yes: I still place grafts on my patients.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Excellent results Dr. Gabel. Looks like awesome donor area to work with. I'm sure your patient is thrilled with the results. Thanks for including the video.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.