Stay away from Dr. Ekrem Civas

HAIR TRANSPLANT TURKEY | DR. EKREM CIVAS HAIR RESTORATION CENTER

Dr. Ekrem Civas

I done my hair transplant through above doctor on first June 2015 and after 10 months i still don't have full head of hair. I was promised full head of hair without any visible patches however this is not the case.

Also I believed the treatment will be done by the surgeon himself but was very disappointed to see it was done by his nurses and he merely check upon the progress every few hours..

stay well away from dr ekrem civas ankara. his nurses are too busy watching tv dramas and don't focus on your head.

i will add some before and after photos.

first 6 are after prics and last 5 before.

Avoid dr civas.

20160324_201524.thumb.jpg.5e2f027bdc28706c69711bc9ab6c65ce.jpg

20160324_201629.thumb.jpg.64e75559d40385f7ee5a90f1a91ef0d3.jpg

20160324_201635.thumb.jpg.cafcbf0983532868de24fe5998004101.jpg

20160324_201649.thumb.jpg.d7c174fff2191ca3d397dd1689a86799.jpg

20160324_201654.thumb.jpg.e271c11e32cfa88b361800c25cccf10d.jpg

20160324_201708.thumb.jpg.4da07cd2686a819d13f8dc71d68b858e.jpg

IMG-20160324-WA0005.thumb.jpg.3cca70f5bdbef5bf9cf0a4685b7513f9.jpg

IMG-20160324-WA0006.thumb.jpg.ecc697af2a072b68cfb61450eac68aa8.jpg

IMG-20160324-WA0007.thumb.jpg.a4d5ddcc0e5bdf028ba716a66430caff.jpg

IMG-20160324-WA0008.thumb.jpg.b38a465abf3e3cfdea55050ab9c5bdbd.jpg

IMG-20160324-WA0009.thumb.jpg.011f8e3584ea10bb09d7ce22b8a0ef3a.jpg

I have had very unprofessional reply from him when asking him about ht.

He even told me not to chicken out !

I keep getting sales like emails from him offering discounts for booking now

dont' be fooled by by their emails..they have pre saved emails and formats to send to their clients....They will try and get most money out of you and if they see you are going somewhere else they will offer you very cheap price..there is no fair price system and when you argue they will confuse you with technical words..

All it matters it good hair transplant end of the day and you will not get it from these bunch of nurses., avoid them like a plunge.

I'm sorry that your disappointed. I hate reading about unsuccessful transplants. I hope you find some kind of compensation. Overseas hair transplants are generally successful but I would always caution those who expect to have the actual doctor doing most of the surgery. Technicians typically are doing so much of the work in many clinics. 100% of my grafts were extracted and inserted by the doctor. The technician only preserved and prepared the grafts for insertion.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I recall that this doctor had approached me about potential recommendation an I recall that this doctor had approached me about potential recommendation sometime ago. At that time, he did not have the evidence that showed that he is regularly producing outstanding results. That said, I still suggest that you contact the clinic to see if there is anything you can work out and resolve with them.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 month later...

I knew there was something fishy about this surgeon....

i contacted him and sent pics that i just wanted my crown done. And i made it was clear, just my crown area.

he sent back what seemed like an automatic response email, saying Dr Civas saw my pics and recommended 3200 grafts fue for crown and front. And... i would get a discount if i post a positive review of my experience on this forum.

now, a month later, i'm getting emails and messages through watsapp about big discounts if i book this month.

I recall that this doctor had approached me about potential recommendation an I recall that this doctor had approached me about potential recommendation sometime ago. At that time, he did not have the evidence that showed that he is regularly producing outstanding results. That said, I still suggest that you contact the clinic to see if there is anything you can work out and resolve with them.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill

I have a HT booked with Dr Knudsen. Have been flicking through the forums here and general feedback on Dr Knudsen seems positive including positive comments from someone that had spoken to Ron Shapiro about Dr Knudsen. It could be nerves as I get closer to operation but is there a reason he is still not on your list of recommended surgeons? From your experience would it be wiser to go to the US and see someone on the list? Please help!

Many Thanks!! :)

aymino

It appears that you have mostly based your decision on location. I do not know much about Dr. Knedson but this doesn't mean you will not get a good result. Although if it was me I would have to be 100% confidence of this big decision and it sounds like you aren't. Basing your decision on price and location can be a recipe for disaster.

I remember a few years ago I talked to a gentlemen that decided instead of going to a reputable doctor he was going to Asia (unknown doctor). He figures that even with two surgeries instead of one he would save a lot of money. At the end he only saved $2000 and is now saving his money to be repaired. I am not saying this is going to happen but he convinced himself that he was making the right decision.

Good luck and sorry for hijacking this post.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Appreciate the response Lorenzo. Not sure I have based on price as it is not cheap but location played a part as there are not many options and Knudsen seems the best in Australia. Only recently discovered this forum which seems great and have been sifting through here for information about Knudsen. He is not on the recommended list yet there seem to be positive comments for posters as well as from other doctors and was wondering if there was a reason he didn't make the recommended list despite of this reviews? People criticizing surgeries her have been a little vague and would love more clarity...

I had actually been considering Civas for a HT, I think his website looked good and he did have some not bad results posted on it. One thing which really annoyed me though was the constant sales e-mails from his clinic, I always thought they were a bit tacky. Definitely gave me a funny feeling about him, so grateful that you have posted this as it kind of confirms something I was concerned about...Was potentially booking with him soon so definitely dodged a bullet.

• 6 months later...

Chitttttt. I was considering him since I've seen some outstanding results but this one bothers me. I'm thinking Dr. Yaman it is after this. I was wanting see more grown out procedures of his work before committing and since Dr Civas does have a lot of results on his website and on baldtruth.com, I decided for him... but now... I can't make a bad choice since my donor hair is limited.

I think in Turkey it's quite common and also other clinics around the world. It's a labor intensive procedure and I don't think all parts of the procedure are as technical as some doctors in the USA would have you believe. Don't think you need 8 years of school and 4 years of residence to do it, once you have a lot of experience. Would you trust a hair tech with only nursing credentials but 10-15 years of experience doing FUE or a Dermatologist doing FUE for only a year.

This is the only reason I consider going to Turkey because most of the tech are highly skilled and the prices are great. I'm certain there are tons of clinics in the USA charging 3-8$ a graft and produce sub-par results.

All that matters is the outcome. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

• 4 months later...

I do agree that you should have received some compensation back for your loss, and definitely the post-surgery marketing is appalling. However, there have been some excellent results from his clinic.

just check this person's hairline after a year ! That's an excellent result by Dr Civas.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176800-hair-transplant-ekrem-civas-7.html

Guys, if you want to get a top result, do not go to any surgeon in Turkey except Erdogan and Keser. They are really top surgeons that I believe Erdogan is the best in Europe. However, the rest are not guarenteed. Don't risk it.

Guys, if you want to get a top result, do not go to any surgeon in Turkey except Erdogan and Keser. They are really top surgeons that I believe Erdogan is the best in Europe. However, the rest are not guarenteed. Don't risk it.

100% agreed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nobody is guaranteed. There are lots of good clinics in Turkey and you only need to do your research and go to one of them.

This site always seems to be about 10 years out of date.

• 5 years later...
27 minutes ago, david Rib said:

Guy I did my hair transplant with Dr Ekrem Civas in Turkey and I am very please with the result.

These comments i saw after I did my hair transplant and i was very worry if really i get bad result i will share with other people also.

Now I can see good result and I recommend Dr Ekrem as per my experience.

You can see my before and after results.

2096262202_DrEkremCivasHairtransplanresult(1).thumb.jpg.716e3316ec10bf5c68e1f6ea0a4a4cb3.jpg

After one year:692003183_DrEkremCivasHairtransplanresult(2).thumb.jpg.48cb9b6465ca261e3386d73348051383.jpg

Hmm...