low libido, ED, blurry vision and dry eyes after Minoxidil 5%

Hello everyone,

This is my first thread in this forum and I hope that I get your opinions regarding my case.

I have a thinning hair and it's been thinning gradually since 2013, however, I can still cover the balding areas with the my hair so it's somehow invisible.

I decided to use Minoxidil 5% to keep what I have left of hair and also luckily grow some back if it's possible.

I have started using Indian brand of Minoxidil 5% called Tinfal - One ML at night and one in the morning, for one month now.

The first three days of using Minoxidil, I began noticing that I no longer have morning erections and also less urge to have sex. Day by day, I began experiencing blurry vision but it was not anything major. Then, I have completely lost the ability to have natural erections (without stimulations such as the use of hand), I also lost the interest in sex and masturbation. Three days ago, I began noticing my eyes get very dry in the morning and continue so that I feel irritated, unable to focus and in need to close them most of the time.

Now I am more depressed with these side effects and I am sure it's from Minoxidil because there is nothing else I am taking such as medications.

I am thinking of using an eye drop to tackle the dryness issue and bear the pain of low libido for a year until I get a good result from Minoxidil and then reduce the dosage of application to maintain the growing hair.

I am not sure if this is a good idea, so please feel free to share your opinions and advices with me as they are highly regarded and appreciated.

Thank you so much.

T

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...

I never got side effects from minox..

Except my skin looked a bit grey when I was doing 10 applications a week. I switched to 3-4 a week and all good.

You don't need to put minox on twice a day.

Once a day is enough..even try once every other day.

Edited by Ronnieman

• 4 weeks later...

First of all, I would recommend you to visit a doctor, to tell him what you used and what are
the symptoms and I'm sure you will be good mate. I didn't had such problems, but I use almost half a
year a supplement (prosolution plus) for boosting my sexual life. Before using this product I had
problems like morning erections or losing interest in sex. My wife started to worry, that more and more
often I started to avoid her and when it came to making love, I simply ignored her. So I started to go
to my doctor to tell him my problem and to find a way out. After some investigations regarding my health,
the doctor recommended me to use this supplement for 3 months. I want to tell you, I was skeptical
in general about all supplements on this topic, but I wanted just 1 thing, to be happy and to make my
wife happy too, so I started to use. To be honest, my sexual life has improved significantly. Me and
my wife are having sex quite often and we both are happy. I don't need sex stimulation anymore and it
actually improved my orgasm quality. I am completely mind blown. I would definitely recommend this
product to men who are having problems like this.