New hair growth cream from Turkish University

The name of the product is Kelopesia. It is composed of molecules derived from stem cells of newborn foreskins. It's a result of the work of Prof. Fikrettin Sahin, Department Chair of Genetics and Bioengineering at Yeditepe University in Turkey. They're now just working to stabilize the formula for room temperature and say it will be released in pharmacies next month. Results seem better in women than men.

News article -Google Translate

Video - Google Translate

1 month result in a woman. I think it looks realistic and great for a topical.

kellik-tedavisi.jpg?resize=520%2C293

• 3 weeks later...

Well this certainly sounds interesting but like anything else, I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds like there is allegedly a lot of science behind this which sounds impressive. But seeing is ultimately believing. That said, I'm not so sure how a cream with that type of ingredient would penetrate through the scalp in order to stimulate growth of the hair follicle. But, if Rogaine can work I suppose this can too. Is anybody working on an FDA approval in the states for this?

Any report of side effects?

Best,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Bill,

I know what you mean imagining these types of cells working topically, but apparently it does have an effect. A reader recently told me that he emailed Dr. Sahin who produced this cream and got word that Dr. Sahin has applied for FDA approval in US as a cosmetic (I believe).

I haven't heard of any side effects from topical stem cell creams before.

• 10 months later...

Are there anyone who has idea about "Milimetric-Directional Hair Transplant" ? I ve seen this topic from a website, Home - SkyHair. Quote from that "This is a newest hair transplantation tecnique invented by fue method. During the planting process first of all milimetric slits ( made to the directional of growth ) are opened to the scalp with custom cut blades which are suitable size of your grafts and skin...".

Any experience ?

• 2 weeks later...