Is This Normal For 2 Mnths PostOp

I'm noticing my existing hair post op is now growing much slower. I believe it used to average about 3/8 to 1/2" per month. Yet since my procedure 2 mnths ago it is basically where it was on the day of surgery.

The hairs/stubble at the donor area are not much longer than the day I left. I wish I had, but I didn't actually measure my hair so I can't say exactly how much if at all it has grown. Though on appearance it doesn't seem much.

Just to clarify, I'm speaking only about my existing hairs, not the transplants. I should add I had a no-shave procedure. Though of course the donor was shaved.

Also I am on both Biotin 7500k and MSM 3k

Is this slow growth at all normal for 2 mnths out ?

Sometimes the overall scalp trauma related to the procedure can slow down hair growth in the entire scalp. Although it is more of an exception, it's certainly not the first time that I have heard of someone experiencing the same thing.

But as the trauma subsides, things will get back on track...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thank you for the replies guys.

Dr Charles I was referring to all existing hairs, including the donor. The donor is most noticeable to me, as I can still feel tiny stubble, which at this point should be at least an inch or so long by now at 2+ months out.

Thanks, NH

Having done some further reading here I'm wondering if the slower /none growth of my existing hair could be considered a form of shock loss ??

Though the hairs are still present but not growing. Or not growing as fast as they had prior to my procedure.

NH

Would not consider it a form of shock loss since there is no loss of hair, just some stunted or interrupted growth.

Again, I really believe things will resume back to normal as the level of trauma subsides which of course will take some time.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY