Choosing a doctor in India.

DMITRI77

Hello! I'm from Russia. I need a hair transplant surgery. I do not speak English. I need your advice on choosing a doctor: 1) Dr. Kapil Dua 2) Dr. Radha Palakurthi 3) Dr. Sajal Halder, Delhi, India (it is recommended to hairsite.com forum). Which doctor would you recommend me?

Welcome DMITRI77!

If you have not yet done so, I suggest viewing our interactive map where you can find all of the hair transplant surgeons we recommend in India and around the world.

You may also wish to review our recommendation criteria.

Currently we recommend the following hair transplant surgeons in India.

Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

Dr. Kapil Dua

Dr. Pathuri Madhu

Dr. Radha Palakurthi

Dr. YV Rao

Dr. Suneet Soni

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thank you . What can you say about Dr. Dr Prashant Yadav ? ( Credentials

Member ISHRS ,USA (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons)

Member, ASHRS(Asian Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons)

Member ISAPS ) He's a good doctor?

We can't comment on Dr.Prashant but two really good doctors from India are

Dr. Radha she is excellent in FUT procedures, many users have post their detailed experience please go through it.

Dr. Bhatti good in FUE again many users have post their experience.

I would advise you to go to only those doctors which are recommended here

Good luck

Dmi,

As Dave has already responded, we do recommend a number of excellent physicians in India. All of these surgeons have been prescreened by this community and have been approved for recommendation. We do have a formal process for prescreening doctors and a set of standards that physicians who are approved must meet. At the end of the day, we only recommend those doctors that we would trust our own scalps with as patients.

I am not familiar with doctor you've mentioned however, I personally would go to a physician that has a proven track record of producing excellent results and has been recommended by a patient based community.

Best wishes in selecting an outstanding surgeon,

Bill

• 8 months later...

Good afternoon friends. I still doubt in choosing a doctor. I do not understand why such a difference in price?. 1) Dr Gaurav Garg (dermalife Clinic) - 35 Rs per unit. 2) Eugenix Hair Sciences- The cost per graft is Rs. 80. 3) Dr Suneet Soni - INR 60 per graft. 4) Mchprashant Yadav - 1 $ per graft. Eugenix Hair Sciences - get the most expensive of these doctors. Why?

DMI,

Every physician charges something different, that's just the way it works. I understand the frustration but in my opinion, do NOT let price or location be the determining factor on who you undergo hair transplant surgery with. You get one good shot at this and the cost of selecting a cheaper doctor with no known reputation could be a lot higher than paying a little more with an excellent, well known surgeon.

Dr. Soni is excellent since you mentioned him. he is recommended by this community. Our Associate Publisher Dave also mentioned several others who are excellent. In my opinion, stick with a recommended doctor

Best wishes,

Bill

Dr Suneet Soni - a good doctor. But he has little experience fue hair transplant method. It is mainly the hair transplant method FUT. most as he can transplant by fue - 3000 grafts. It is not enough. What do you advise ?

Good afternoon friends. I still doubt in choosing a doctor. I do not understand why such a difference in price?. 1) Dr Gaurav Garg (dermalife Clinic) - 35 Rs per unit. 2) Eugenix Hair Sciences- The cost per graft is Rs. 80. 3) Dr Suneet Soni - INR 60 per graft. 4) Mchprashant Yadav - 1 $ per graft. Eugenix Hair Sciences - get the most expensive of these doctors. Why?

Hi DMITRI77,

Even though cost of hair transplant is an important factor, but it should not be the main factor. My suggestion is that you should research as much as possible and pay more attention to the past Patient cases of the HT doctors. When it comes to HT, the room for error is very little. The more you educate yourself, the better chances you will have of choosing the HT Surgeon that would be right for you. In this industry, the track record of the HT Surgeon is extremely important.

In regards to your pricing question, different Clinics offer different pricing. That is just the norm. That said, the HT market has to support the pricing. If a Clinic is priced too high, they might not get a lot of traction with the potential patients and might have to revise their pricing lower and vice versa.

Again, please use this Forum (and maybe other Forums too) to research as much as possible.

I wish you all the best.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I had my hair transplant with Dr Radha, and she is good. I am one of the people with a low donor, so I think if I had a more donor hair I would get a better result. However, I am happy with her work.

For my second hair transplant I am going to Dr Suneet Soni. A couple years back he was charging 40 INR per graft plus tax. However, his prices went up to $1 dollar. Also, he charges an addition $500 US for other services that go with the HT. I don't mind the increase, because his skills look good.

• 2 months later...
Dr Suneet Soni - a good doctor. But he has little experience fue hair transplant method. It is mainly the hair transplant method FUT. most as he can transplant by fue - 3000 grafts. It is not enough. What do you advise ?

Dmitri, you should decide which is best for you: FUE or FUT.

After you've done that, then choose a doctor that specializes in one or the other.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

• 3 weeks later...

Dmitri, have you decided on any surgeon/doctor in India yet? I got my FUE HT done with Dr Jyoti Gupta of Dermaclinix. I found her and her team quite good. I also paid quite less compared to what others have quoted in this forum. That being said, I myself need to see how successful my HT is in coming months. Until then, I would have to wait before I recommend any clinic or doctor for others.

I think someone mentioned Dr Arika Bansal of Eugenix on another thread on the forum. She's also a good option based on experiences of her patients on this forum. I personally don't have any experience with her though. I would however add that those MDs from AIIMS are usually the best ones in India. All the best.

• 1 month later...
Welcome DMITRI77!

If you have not yet done so, I suggest viewing our interactive map where you can find all of the hair transplant surgeons we recommend in India and around the world.

You may also wish to review our recommendation criteria.

Currently we recommend the following hair transplant surgeons in India.

Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

Dr. Kapil Dua

Dr. Pathuri Madhu

Dr. Radha Palakurthi

Dr. YV Rao

Dr. Suneet Soni

Hello David, is Dr. Rao no longer recommended? I also have a question about Dr. Soni. He seems to claim (in his videos) that his patients will have no visible scar following FUT procedure as he uses tricophytic closure. Is there any truth in that?

Hello David, is Dr. Rao no longer recommended? I also have a question about Dr. Soni. He seems to claim (in his videos) that his patients will have no visible scar following FUT procedure as he uses tricophytic closure. Is there any truth in that?

Nope!

Also scaring depends on a lot of factors:

1) Density

2) Thickness

3) Color

4) Complexion

I'm not familiar with the particular videos where Dr. Soni makes this claim. However, on his website here, the following is stated...

The trichophytic closure technique is a well studied and proven method. The very first doctor who introduced it, Dr. Mario Marzola, conducted a comparison study where clients had one side of their scar closed with the trichophytic closure technique and the other side with the traditional method. After several months, the scars that were closed with trichophytic closure looked significantly better and were much less visible. Some hair transplant doctors believe that the trichophytic closure will result in an undetectable scar, while others who use it believe that it is only good in minimizing the visibility of the scar, not completely eliminating it.

There is no surgery that is scarless and that extends to FUE as well. When it comes to strip surgery, there are many factors that come into play in creating minimal scarring. The use of trichophytic closure can help a scar to be less visible, given adequate hair length but will not ever produce an invisible scar when hair is too short or head is shaved.

I hope this helps answer your question.

As for Dr. Rao, he chose to discontinue his recommendation by our community. He did not provide details as to why he wished to do this. As such, his removal from recommendation should not reflect negatively on the quality of his work.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website