4424 grafts FUT dr.Hasson Feb24, 2016

n00b

Guys,

I notice some big reddish pimples all over my scalp.

Is this some kind of infection? How to treat it?

Please help...

I'd like to say it's ingrown hairs or just hairs trying to break through the surface, but seems to look more sever than that. I would e-mail those pics directly to the clinic and have Dr Hasson take a look.

Great advice above! Though some pimples are to be expected, this may be folliculitis which may require treatment with an anti-biotic. Definitely contact the clinic asap. Better safe than sorry.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the delayed update. Was unable to come online due to some personal issues. Here is how my density is after 2 years. I feel the op was a failure and very less grafts grew as I look worse than pre-op. What do you guys think?

IMG_20180327_013447.thumb.jpg.f4fb01c13d1236286c56ed7d0de22581.jpg

Every surgeon has bad results, but looking at the post-ops the fact that there was no even hairline reconstruction was just plain stupid, even if the patient was on finasteride. The scar was also taken extremely high and right through to the edges of the temple region. This isn't just a poor result, this is a genuine botch job in more ways than one.

Sorry man, I would agree with you - these results aren't very good. What meds are you on?

Also did you ever get an answer from Hasson on why he was so aggressive with the scar placement? I know H&W have a reputation for going high but I can't recall ever seeing them go that far in front of the ears...?

• Administrators

N00b,

I agree the result is lackluster, have you reached out to the clinic? What have they said about your results? H&W are an ethical clinic with a good reputation I’m sure they will try and make it right. Don’t give up your situation is definitely improveable.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The amount that H&W charges and results like this. Not ok.

They should refound you every every penny + for every lost graft. Thats grafts you will never get back. They should pay you extra for them.

• Like 1

I spoke with Dr.Hasson and Doug a couple of days ago. Dr.Hasson said that all my native hairs have shed inspite of my meds. He recommended doubling the dosage and another transplant to fix the issues. But I have reservations about both the recommendations.

I haven't given much thought to a refund. Will update the thread in case of updates.

Edited by n00b

Did you had an inspection of the scalp? Is the hair on top really transplanted hair or natural hair? This would help to understand if there tranplanted hair did not grow or you lost all of your native hair (just like the clinic has told). I do not think that can be learned by a Picture.

How is the Status of your donor? Did the hair lossed from shock loss grew back? Is there thinning of the donor?

We feel with you, but you did not deliver much input and therfore it is difficult to give an advice.

I wish you all the best and I hope H&W will support you on this.

Edited by Gasthoerer

https://hassonandwong.com/hair-transplant-results/patient-1933/?_sfm_number_of_grafts=4200+4800

This is what 4400 grafts on a head almost fully bald with a similar hair quality ought to look like, from this very clinic. Realistically when considering this the clinics excuse is clearly dishonest. I'd have more sympathy if not for the fact the procedure didn't incorporate an even hairline, meaning that in the case you did bald it was going to always look like an uneven mess. The strip going right through to the very edge and finer regions of the temples was unacceptable too.

Assuming you lost every last one of your natives, this is still a very bad result with minimal growth. Show them this and other HnW results on bald heads with this number of grafts and ask if yours is comparable. We know what this number of grafts looks like on a completely bald head, and it's significantly better than this.

This is a bad result and they have the reputation and revenue to handle it, they should do the right thing and give you a refund.

• Like 1

Yea it's a bad result. I had 4200 FUE grafts, pretty much bald on top apart form wispy miniaturised hairs remaining and have good coverage . There was another infamous case from the same clinic in the last year he was banned form this site anyone who has spent time on this site in the last year or 2 know who I am referring to, his result was terrible also .

I think a refund is in order they make enough money and makes good business sense anyway.

@Gasthoerer, I haven't had any inspection yet. Will update if i do.

@JeanLLD, The result you posted is amazing. Mine is nowhere close to it.

@Mick50, I remember the infamous case you are referring to. I too had my transplant around the same time as him.

• Like 1

Noob, can you tell us what meds you have been taking since you had surgery? Have you been on a standard 1MG/daily fin dosage? How about minoxidil?

Also, did you ever get an answer from Hasson on why he was so aggressive with the scar placement? I know H&W have a reputation for going high but I can't recall ever seeing them go that far in front of the ears...?

N00b, I wanted to express sorrow to you like all the other members here. This is a very disappointing result, and I can empathize with how you must feel two years later. I'm guessing your yield, for whatever reasons, was extremely low and the procedure likely permanently shocked out most all of your native hair. I hope you stay in contact with the clinic and they do right by you. Please keep us in the loop.

• 4 months later...