Best product to style thin hair?

As my hair is thin what is the best product to style it so it doesn't look more thinner that it already is?

I usually use American Crew Fiber or Dax wave and groom hair dress which is a type of wax (red tin). Any better suggestions I could try?

Cheers

5b32eb5ad981a_17-7m2.thumb.jpg.eded8d09d9f672d6404fb62493663e02.jpg

Toppik

Isn't Toppik a fiber? I don't want fibers but something to enable me to style / hold my hair.

This is a bit of a contradiction in that any gel or wax will naturally make your hair appear thinner than when its completely dry--just how it goes. Toppik is tremendous at adding volume.

I personally like leave-in conditioners. Much lighter hold but also leaves the hair less clumpy as a result.

Isn't Toppik a fiber? I don't want fibers but something to enable me to style / hold my hair.

You are searching for the Loch Ness mountain with your hair situation.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

You are searching for the Loch Ness mountain with your hair situation.

Lol! Fair enough maybe I was being a bit optimistic.

@ esrec: I've never tried leave in conditioners so may give them a try. Thanks

I'm using got2b volume styling powder at the min and find it great! Styles the hair great and adds loads of volume with a great dry Matt finish. I have fine hair and it really helps to give it a real boost. Dash of hairspray to hold it leaves it strong.

I'm using got2b volume styling powder at the min and find it great! Styles the hair great and adds loads of volume with a great dry Matt finish. I have fine hair and it really helps to give it a real boost. Dash of hairspray to hold it leaves it strong.

Sounds good, I'll check it out, thanks

personally, I would buzz the hair . You seem to have a good head shape, and your hairline is still pretty good in that it will still frame your face well... I think it would takes years off your age if you kept it buzzed

Thanks for the suggestion but I can't buzz it as I have a FUT scar

• 1 month later...

I have tried dermmatch a few months ago but wasn't keen on it then, possibly as my hair had not grown at that point. I'll give it another go, thanks. However I'm not keen to use it regularly as its too much hassle and time consuming to apply it regularly.

I tried Samy fat thickening cream but don't think it did much so have gone back to American crew fiber.

I have tried dermmatch a few months ago but wasn't keen on it then, possibly as my hair had not grown at that point. I'll give it another go, thanks. However I'm not keen to use it regularly as its too much hassle and time consuming to apply it regularly.

I tried Samy fat thickening cream but don't think it did much so have gone back to American crew fiber.

Heres a couple before/after pics with dermmatch.

Best thing.... It doesn't drip when you sweat (u gym frequently) doesn't fall off in pool or beach.

Just.... Don't let girls run their fingers through your hair. Lol.

20160412_181017.thumb.jpg.c3aa591e25ababb5898a6939e8982ea7.jpg

Looks great on you! Will give it another go. Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Me too - this stuff really is great, and cheap too. I'm not too up on all this stuff....does it count as a fibre?

image1.thumb.jpg.44e2ada9404bc1d9d8c777ccb3ea82b2.jpg

• 1 month later...
As my hair is thin what is the best product to style it so it doesn't look more thinner that it already is?

I usually use American Crew Fiber or Dax wave and groom hair dress which is a type of wax (red tin). Any better suggestions I could try?

Cheers

From your picture, I think you would really benefit from using Toppik. You still have only mild recession and the bulking the fibres provide will really enhance your hair volume.

I can't think of anything else, apart from fibres, that will give you the volume you require.

• 1 month later...

Living Proof Full Thickening Cream. It works wonders on thin hair by depositing flexible, thickening "dots" on each strand, which increase your hair's diameter and weight, leaving you with noticeably thicker hair and greater volume.

Living Proof Full Thickening Cream. It works wonders on thin hair by depositing flexible, thickening "dots" on each strand, which increase your hair's diameter and weight, leaving you with noticeably thicker hair and greater volume.

I'd like to try it

Do you know any stores that carried it locally ?

Have you tried other brands how do they compare ?

• 4 weeks later...

Whatever product you end up using (i tend to use thicker pastes/fibers), if you put the product in your hair while it's wet and then blow dry it, that should help add some volume. Just make sure the product is light enough that it doesn't weigh your hair down (and make sure not to use too much for the same reason.) You may need to grow your hair out a little more to do this though.

And I would definitely consider Toppik if I were you. It could work really well.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56