HDC Clinic- NW 6 - 5545 FUE Grafts- Three procedures

Hello Everybody,

This Norwood class 6 scale patient hadlow donor density with fine hair and under average hair per follicular unit. His aim was to cover his boldness and the only way to achieve this was to use productively each one of his extracted grafts. We also had to manage his donor correctly so that we avoid a depleted donor.

After 3 HT sessions and 5545 Grafts extracted and placed, we manage to come up to his expectation in both recipient and donor

The first two procedures were presented in the link below:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170631-dr-maras-hdc-hair-transplant-clinic-2200-fue-grafts-1800-fue-grafts-post-op.html

The Third Hair Transplant with HDC is presented here.

The goal initially was to provide reasonable density over two procedures beginning from the front and working backwards.

After achieving the initial goal and because of the correct donor management the patient requested to enhance the density.

We had preceded with the extraction of 1296 FUE grafts and used some of them to increase the existing density as per the patient’s request and the rest to extent the coverage towards the crown.

Below we present clear photos 16 months after the final procedure which you can clearly see that the donor area was well protected over 3 procedures to avoid depletion.

Depleted donors is a phenomenon we come across often lately, whereas patients had been persuaded to go ahead for large sessions of 4000-5000 grafts in one visit and then seek help to improve the cosmetic look of their donors. At a lot of these cases the cosmetic result is average or below and we advise to be avoided.

Regards

Alex

BEFORE

1-Front%20Before_zpsj9pqzsyz.jpg

2-%20Donor%20before_zps82fhjxeb.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER 1ST PROCEDURE

3-post%20op%201b_zpspbdjr9gi.jpg

11 MONTHS AFTER 1ST

4-11%20month%20after%201st%20HT_zps6kin1byw.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER 2ND PROCEDURE

5-Post%20op%202nd%20HT%201800%20Front_zpscyjszwdp.jpg

6-Post%20op%202nd%20HT%201800%20Donor%20and%20recipient%203_zpsh7e6buz4.jpg

10 MONTHS AFTER 2ND PROCEDURES

7-Match%20before%20and%20after%2010%20months%20of%20second%20HT_zpsjboybeqe.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER 3RD PROCEDURE

8-%20Immediately%20after%203rd%20left_zpsjvonwedy.jpg

9-%20Immediately%20after%203rd%20right_zpsfb9vvdkk.jpg

10-%20Immediately%20after%203rd%20donor%20and%20recipient_zpspckjqfdr.jpg

16 MONTHS AFTER 3RD PROCEDURE

11-%2016%20months%20after%203rd%20front_zpsftftvjtk.jpg

12-%2016%20months%20%20after%203rd%20HT_zpssgmt6ry9.jpg

13-%2016%20months%20post%20op%203rd%20with%20comb%20hairline_zpsxtrnwjvi.jpg

14-%2016%20months%20after%203rd%20with%20comb_zps9dpim6st.jpg

15-Donor%20area%20after%203rd%20HT%20side_zpss7xljvpn.jpg

16-Donor%20area%20after%203rd%20HT_zps8obs9rr7.jpg

17-Donor%20area%20after%203rd%20HT%20right%20side_zpsjmownusp.jpg

18-Donor%20area%20after%203rd%20HT%20left%20side_zpsqkwibfvm.jpg

Alex Demetriades

International Patient Coordinator

HDC Hair Transplant Clinic

---------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maras is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Very impressive work.

He'll never model on the runways of Milan, but...very well done as far as HT's go.

I especially like the clear, high resolution photographs: thank you.

The extractions from the sideburn areas - did you harvest these grafts to place in a particular location in the recipient region or were you just seeking to maximize total available grafts? I have not seen extraction from the sideburn areas before.

What is the age of the patient may I ask?

Finally, perhaps the biggest complaint I have with my HT (and I have several complaints, but the dark color is the biggest...I think) is the darker color of transplanted hairs.

In the photo, "11 months after 1st" one can see an almost linear border where the darker transplanted hairs meet the native hairs of the crown. Do transplanted hairs grow darker after being implanted? Or are the donor hairs simply darker and thicker to begin with, coming from the back and sides of the head?

I'm guessing this guy is a natural blond? But the hair on top of his head looks quite dark.

To be clear, I think Dr. Maras and his team have done a fine job; however, I am just trying to better understand how HT's work and what the limits are of HT's in recreating a natural look.

Thank you.

• Administrators

his head looks very small, that's definitely a benefit when it comes to hair restoration, with hair that short, I'm surprised it looks that dense, if he grew the top out a bit longer it would look even better, good job.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
Very impressive work.

He'll never model on the runways of Milan, but...very well done as far as HT's go.

I especially like the clear, high resolution photographs: thank you.

The extractions from the sideburn areas - did you harvest these grafts to place in a particular location in the recipient region or were you just seeking to maximize total available grafts? I have not seen extraction from the sideburn areas before.

What is the age of the patient may I ask?

Finally, perhaps the biggest complaint I have with my HT (and I have several complaints, but the dark color is the biggest...I think) is the darker color of transplanted hairs.

In the photo, "11 months after 1st" one can see an almost linear border where the darker transplanted hairs meet the native hairs of the crown. Do transplanted hairs grow darker after being implanted? Or are the donor hairs simply darker and thicker to begin with, coming from the back and sides of the head?

I'm guessing this guy is a natural blond? But the hair on top of his head looks quite dark.

To be clear, I think Dr. Maras and his team have done a fine job; however, I am just trying to better understand how HT's work and what the limits are of HT's in recreating a natural look.

Thank you.

Dear Harryforreal, the grafts from the sideburns is to maximize the available grafts and were placed in between scalp hair on the top area of the head.

The patient is 39 years old.

Sometimes the transplanted hair may look darker as they are transferred from the stronger donor zone. Also many times the existing hair in the recipient area are thinner and more vulnerable to the sun so they lose color easily.

This is what can explain the darker color after transplant. Sometimes it can depend on the lighting of the photos.

Recreation of a natural hairline I achieved by two main variables.

The hairline design must fit with the bone structure of the patient and be place in the correct position. This is more of aesthetic understanding of the procedure.

The second variable is the placement angle of the grafts and that in the front only single folliculate units bust be placed and behind then two hair FU’s must be placed in a dense manner.

In HDC we use about 500 – 600 singles and 400 - 500 doubles for a dense hairline of 1cm width.

In the photo you can see a hairline with a density of 60/cmsq.

Regards

Alex

60%20Dots_zpsysjzhjq4.jpg

Alex Demetriades

International Patient Coordinator

HDC Hair Transplant Clinic

---------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maras is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network