Dr Hakan Doganay, unhappy with result so far...

Don't forget where you started. You had a lot of area to cover for the amount of grafts that have been moved

The before and both the after pics show a decent improvement. You have almost a year left before you see your final result. The waiting game is awful, but month by month it will improve.

attachment.php?attachmentid=83769&d=1441221428

attachment.php?attachmentid=92452&d=1459794540

attachment.php?attachmentid=92470&d=1459807293

im hoping if it all grows, like in the pic showing the grafts on my temples (on the other thread) at two weeks i will get a good result. i asked for pictures of people who had similar hairlines and got similar number of grafts before surgery and was sent these two.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172270-new-pictures-4500-grafts-after-7-month-hakan-do-anay.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168673-3530-850%3D4380-grafts-dr-hakan-doganay.html

At present, i think maybe 50% have grown but are really thin. Im hoping if the grafts continue to grow to nearly match the grafts implanted i will get a similar result. I think if not much has improved in the next two months i will lose heart. The clinic told me when i had the first surgery i would need maybe a 1000 more head hair for my crown and they think that's all i will have left, though they wouldn't know for sure until next consultation.

Are there any links to patients who had similar surgery and had similar results to mine at month 7 but got a lot better? i.e. slow growers.

Part of what you're doing is a mistake a lot of guys make. They expect a certain result based on someone elses picture who had similar loss. Every result is individual, every growth timeline is individual. Not to mention hair characteristics are individual. The main thing is to try and forget about it for awhile and let things happen organically. Watching it non-stop is only gonna make you go crazy and by doing so, it will hard to recognize any change. Hair growth is a -s-l-o-w- process.

Edited by YouOnlyLiveOnce

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to discourage you but would like to share with you an honest Hair Transplant Review. You have got dense areas of hair, which your results clearly show but your temples are not covered. And there is no hair growth at the temples. So, the hair line is not properly drawn and which still clearly shows a balding pattern. Or, the surgeon has not properly utilized the grafts in the temple areas. So, still your results is not making you happy as you are not getting the hairline you wished for and that could have been done in your case. What you can do now is just wait for 12 -15 months and check for your hair growth. Later, you can consult Dr. Tejinder Bhatti for a second opinion, who has years of experience in FUE hair transplant and treating hair loss for men. He can guide you the best.

• 9 months later...

Here is my critical review of my experience 18 months on;

consultation.

This lasted 5 minutes and Hakan ran his fingers up my head and told me I had only enough for 2500 grafts and would have to use 1300 beard grafts. I had a "skin head" at the time and remember thinking I always had really thick hair at the sides when it grows and was a bit confused. I was asked to make the decision on the spot and I said if you think it will give me a good result I will go for it. I showed them the picture again of the patient they used as an example who used beard grafts and had a good result and asked would I get the same and they said I should yes. The whole thing was extremely rushed.

Sugery

The techs did all the extractions.

Hakan implanted about 1000 of the normal fue on day one using his left hand to implant one and his right to implant the other. two hands implanting at once. Very rushed. When he was finished his part he disappeared. On the beard graft day 2 techs did all of the work.

Result

I knew after five months I wasn't going to get a good result and I was right. All of the covered areas still weak and patchy and clearly visibile beard grafts from native hair as other is weak. Also they said the beard grafts are only used in the vertex. I can see beard grafts in my vertex but running all the way to my hairline. I'm not happy with my hairline either and because it's patchy looks a bit unnatural.

Hakan first said I could probably get 800 more fue normal in the future if it healed well. When I wasn't happy with the result they said use the 800 at the front and fill the rest in with beard grafts. I said no i didn't want a head full of beard grafts ! They are disgusting on the head and i regret being stupid and me believing them otherwise.

They offered my 50% of my money back as they said they werent happy with the denisty and i took it.

Two months after i sent pics of my donor area grown out to Hakan after the online consultation with the new surgeon, i said the new surgeon told me i had good donor left then hakan said I should have 2000 more there now, an increase from 800 and clear evidence a proper count was taken at consultation and beard grafts would have had to be used. They said they would implant the 2000 and remove the beard grafts if I wanted later on. They just throw out ball park figures without taking a proper count and I think they push beard grafts as it's more expensive and easier to use, meaning techs can do it. I'm disgusted, in my opinion they are either incompetent or gangsters.

Last week I had a face to face consultation with a surgeon with better recomndations and he said I have around 6000 normal hair left!! after getting the computer to analyse my donor area and he didn't know why beard was used... he asked me was it more expensive to use beard grafts and I said yes and implied this is why it was used...I have just had 3000 grafts completed and they were used to correct the front. The surgeon said the growth rate from my first 3800 was very poor and almost looked like nothing was really done and the nurse said there were misplaced grafts as they don't grow the same direction as the rest. The vibe with this surgeon is really good compared to ahd, with Hakan it's just off and I should have trusted my gut feeling last time, it feels like there is an undertone the whole time. The new surgeon said I can remove the beard grafts as well if I want and I will.

I have asked for a full refund now and was told no by them so I'm posting my story here to see if I'm being unreasonable or they are.

This had ruined my life for a year and a half now and see people look at my hair a lot, I don't socialize any more and wear my hat whenever I can not wearing it and going anywhere takes real effort. I'm hoping the corrective surgery will sort it out. They are going to correct my hairline and fill in the gaps. God willing I will get a good result this time.

This is a full and true account with nothing exaggerated. I didn't see all the flaws at the time but looking back the whole process is realllllyy poor. Aside from poor growth rate the fact the beard grafts were used and didn't need to be makes me angry, they do not look right and I'm going to pay to get them removed. Ahd did offer to remove them as well but I don't trust them now.

I've asked for the full amount back but they won't refund it and they are ignoring my emails

The pictures below are my 18 month result...

_1.thumb.jpg.24660b4cb9f13ed09f760ae411c5d4f9.jpg

_DSC9802.thumb.jpg.cb106737e4494029c955f68f73ff8a62.jpg

_DSC9813.thumb.jpg.4286f561f94d7288fa0e7fda6a0ffd54.jpg

I can sense the intensity of your frustration and pain. It is truly an eye opening pull back the curtain on this Turkish clinic. Rushed doctors and too much tech involvement is not a good combination. Hopefully, you took the time with the next surgeon---compared his advice to others and critically evaluated your options. Two rushed procedures is also not a good combination. My take away is that our donor is precious and must be used judicially. It is easy for me to say that the inconvenience of travel and the expense of the procedure should not dictate choice of surgeon. The saying "measure twice, cut once" seems apropos here.

Hi,

I spent a lot of time before choosing the new surgeon and spoke to the best ones in Europe they all told me from my pictures my donor area was good and when I got the final count in the live consultation they confirmed it.

The doctor I chose has only good reviews and is recommended on this website and many others.

The whole process felt right this time. The last time in hakans clinic i should have trusted my gut.

I'm hoping this will force there hand to give me all of my money back as I have to pay for corrections and they don't deserve a penny.

If you agree with me please email them and show support for me

info@hakandoganayfue.com

Thanks

Hi,

I spent a lot of time before choosing the new surgeon and spoke to the best ones in Europe they all told me from my pictures my donor area was good and when I got the final count in the live consultation they confirmed it.

The doctor I chose has only good reviews and is recommended on this website and many others.

The whole process felt right this time. The last time in hakans clinic i should have trusted my gut.

I'm hoping this will force there hand to give me all of my money back as I have to pay for corrections and they don't deserve a penny.

If you agree with me please email them and show support for me

info@hakandoganayfue.com

Thanks

What doctor are you going to now?

Johnny 2000 I will pm you the name as I don't want to bring them into this now. If you could read and reply to this but not mention the name. I will ask them do they mind and then put he name up.

I Got your reply.

Hopefully you Will get a good result :)

What are your thoughts ?

Well.

As you might know, i have had a failed HT myself with dr. Hakan.

So my thoughts are that i would never trust Any dr. In turkey, BUT.

I must say that i am seeing impressive results over and over again from 1 particular doctor in turkey.

So impressive that i even consider him myself.

Do you have Any pictures of your surgery?

• 2 weeks later...

3 week review-

im starting to shed but still have the majority pf hair, no redness, pimples or bad itching. the shedded hair seems to just be hair 99% of the time, no scabs or attachments. donor area in 100% you would never know.

last time with hakan i had pimples with heads, redness and itching, all hair had shed. most of the shedded hair had attachments that looked like the follicle. donor area had loads of pimples and was very itchy. ive read posts about needles being reused and possibly casuing infections.

• 1 month later...
3 week review-

im starting to shed but still have the majority pf hair, no redness, pimples or bad itching. the shedded hair seems to just be hair 99% of the time, no scabs or attachments. donor area in 100% you would never know.

last time with hakan i had pimples with heads, redness and itching, all hair had shed. most of the shedded hair had attachments that looked like the follicle. donor area had loads of pimples and was very itchy. ive read posts about needles being reused and possibly casuing infections.

Hi, can you pm me the doctor for your new surgery? Hakan also screwed up my hair just like yours with very little growth making it look very transparent. Its hard to trust anyone now with my failed surgery with hakan so im looking to get advice from a victim like myself. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Alex, second percedure looks amazing compared to first. Only time will tell the success of it tho. I am curious to know the second doctor you chose to go with ? I will not post his name on here so no worries.

And any update since ?