Dr Hakan Doganay, unhappy with result so far...

Hi Folks,

i originally started this thread under an account for anonymity but have lost the login details.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180348-4000-fue-blog-dr-hakan-doganay.html

its been 5 months and 3 weeks and i have minimal growth, i think.

I will post a pic from today soon(shaved my head two weeks ago).

Can you tell me what you think? I am worried as if the final result is poor and i have to shave my head the beard graft hairs will show.

The clinic have told me its too early to measure the result.

Thanks

Short hair that is 2 weeks from being shaved will always look worse than longer hair. You are trying to create an illusion of density as they say and short hair on top wont help that. Your pre op photos were also with a shaved or nearly shaved head so its impossible to do a before and after look really.

Is your plan to grow your hair out or have it near buzzed cut? If the former you should grow it out for 2 months. If the latter than the reality is you wont get quite the same effect with very short hair with HT as medium length. Because you dont put the same density into balding areas you do with a full head of hair.

You wrote tin original thread you have thinning in front so very real chance some of that will be falling out and also some chance for some shock loss etc. So a lot of things in play and you are only in early innings in month 5. Give it 3 more months and re-assess and also grow your hair out if that is the plan to see how it looks...will give you more coverage than a very short cut.

Clinic will tell you wait a year to assess which is standard comment.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

I don't want to spook u man but a lot of dodgy cases were reported involving Dr Doganay here recently. U said in ur last thread that over the two days doganay only done 2 hours of the surgery that is very poor from him. It would seem technicians done 90% of ur surgery. U could be a slow grower so don't panic yet but for the amount of grafts you have had and the growth so far it's possible you may be another case of dodgy work from this surgeon. I hope not lad. Ull have to ride it out for a few months.

Let's just hope you're a late "grower". I had growth after about month 3 after my first surgery but much slower growth after my second surgery. My hairline did show some growth early, similar to what you're describing. Be patient. I know of guys who didn't experience meaningful hair growth until their 7th month or later. Hang in there.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks JohnCasper.

Shadow, when you say its a growing club, how many people have had this issue? how many have had poor growth? i some some saying scarring and grafts not used wisely. i have only saw two or three saying poor growth.

Check out the Paleo thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

some early, possibly positive news. i got a trim today and think the vertex and right frontal area has some more growth. i got 35 grafts per cm and its mayby 40% to 50 %. im not sure whether its just the lighting or for sure. the left frontal is still lacking. i will post 7 mnth pics.

Any growth is a good sign, but many of the hairs will grow on their own time-line based genetically on your dormant stage after shock-out. You will also notice a thickening of the hair caliber. You should see more dramatic results in the coming months. Hang in there.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

before i got the surgery i asked what kind of result i could expect and i was sent this link and one other.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168673-3530-850%3D4380-grafts-dr-hakan-doganay.html

my question is was this person a fast grower? he seems to have a full result by month 7 or 8. At present my hair looks pretty similar to the 3 months pic i think. it still seems to be growing and im hoping that if i have over two months growth to come things might be good. Can anyone chip in?

thanks

before i got the surgery i asked what kind of result i could expect and i was sent this link and one other.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168673-3530-850%3D4380-grafts-dr-hakan-doganay.html

my question is was this person a fast grower? he seems to have a full result by month 7 or 8. At present my hair looks pretty similar to the 3 months pic i think. it still seems to be growing and im hoping that if i have over two months growth to come things might be good. Can anyone chip in?

thanks

Ya man u cud be a slow grower and the guy in that link certainly was a fast grower. You really would need to wait up to 8 months at least before u start panicking and even at that it's really 12 months before you could call a HT a failure or not

if for talks sake the guy in the pic was a normal grower, would his 3 month pics resemble a normal growers 6 month pics?

Possibly but everyone is different. I was panicking right up to the 4th month and that's when mine took off. U need to let it grow out also to see the proper benefit of it

It's hard to know man. At 7 months I wouldn't be happy with that growth but some people report that they see growth in months 7-12 months and beyond. I myself am at 6 months and feel like everything has more or less grown that is going to grow. Ull have to be patient. I hate saying it again but there has been plenty of negative reviews about your surgeon on here and very much in a similar time frame as ur surgery date. so just prepare urself that this may be ur result unfortunately. I really hope it's not though.