Possible thickening/growth shampoos?

So new member here, this has probably been gone over a million times... But a little back story.. So I'm 28, always had a extremely full thick head of hair. Never even really needed styling products to make it stand up, could just run my hands through it. Well in the last year or so my hair on top has greatly reduced, the sides not at all, nor the back or temples. Just on top. Now in bright light if my hair is a certain way I can see scalp, and if it's wet I can see the whole top through my thinned hair.

My question is, is there and good positive reviewed and used hair thickening/new growth (probably asking for a miracle) shampoo/conditioner? I used Nioxin 1 for the life of the bottles and didn't notice anything and using the serum was kind of a PITA. I researched Phytoworx but found that most reviews were fake spambot by a website. So can anyone here maybe recommend something? I do plan at some point in the near future to see a dermatologist. My father is bald, as is his father. However mothers side is not. Was always told I wouldn't bald because of this, now I learn this is a old wives tale!

Thanks for any help!!!

• 1 month later...

I would like to know if washing hair everyday with shampoo is Good for the hair.

I use Alpecin everyday and Nizorel every other but would also like to know any other shampoo that could help with the hair loss ?

• 2 years later...

Look for shampoos that have peptides and extracts that stimulate hair growth and add thickness to existing hair. Ingredients like niacinamide, pea sprout extract and caffeine are all beneficial to hair growth too.

Also, shampooing everyday is not good for hair as it can strip out the moisture. You hair just doesn’t need washing everyday - once every 2-3 days should be enough to keep hair clean without overwashing it.