Absolutely Devastated with my hairloss

So I went to a new barber yesterday and i told him how I wanted my hair cut. Needless to say we didnt understand each other so he gave me a short haircut. However, this type of haircut left me devestated because it made me see that I am seriously losing my hair.

I am 27, am taking finesteride daily so im wondering if I can finally get a hair transplant.

Obviously I have been finding ways to hide my hair loss such as letting my hair grow a little bit but it looks really bad.

What do you guys think?

Do I finally qualify for a hair transplant?

Here are my pics . The first set of pics are from last year and the second set are from this year.

1st Set

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByGkh3KXsrkmUUpMMnlEZ2FkQVE&usp=sharing

2nd Set

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByGkh3KXsrkmRGVhcEs1VDBiOTA&usp=sharing

I am losing my hair and I am losing it fast. What the hell. I really need your help guys. I am devastated. Thank you so much in advance.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd dream of having hair like yours after a transplant .

There is some recession at the temple areas , but the rest looks fine . How long have you been on the fin ? What type of hair loss do other family members have ? You're still young and you need to consider what degree of future hair loss you may experience.

You haven't posted photos of the donor area , but your hair looks dense , so I don't think you'd have any problems if you did decide to go for a HT.

I'm sure other far more knowledgable members will chip in .

You're not even close to needing a transplant yet.

Go get some Toppik and cover your bald spots up for now. And then talk to us in a few years time when you WILL need a HT.

Toppik should work well on you because you have black hair

You are not "seriously losing your hair" Most people would kill for a head of hair like that. I would stay on the meds. You don't need a transplant at all. Some toppik/cabooki on the hair, if you want a bit more thickness. Looks great to me and probably to most of us...

• Administrators

I remember you made a thread last year, I think your hair has slight recession at the temples, but this year you'll be 28 right? At 28 I think it's normal to have more matured hairline, are you on nizoral and minoxidil too? you might wanna add that too, I remember you cause you remind me of keylor Navas even the hair, I think with good styling it looks amazing.

Sure it's a bit matured compared to a teenage hairline but the guys headed for 30, I don't think anyone in his age range would consider him bald at all

HZ8bfBi.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Maybe what you say is true SupaGroover but he is still better waiting a few years to see how it progresses

I always worry about these young guys with minimal balding, will they ever be happy even if they have a transplant as I think they will be ultra critical as they have such high expectations

• Administrators
Maybe what you say is true SupaGroover but he is still better waiting a few years to see how it progresses

I always worry about these young guys with minimal balding, will they ever be happy even if they have a transplant as I think they will be ultra critical as they have such high expectations

Yes I agree with this, hey look I get it, I wasn't born norwood 6, there was a time when I just had a slight temple recession like OP when I was 21, I freaked out just as he is, I actually felt worse at that stage then I did when I realized I was norwood 6, but here's the thing, in order for a hair transplant to be successful the loss has to be stabilized if it's not your just wasting money to break even. When I had his hair loss my expectations were sky high, I considered getting a procedure back in 2007 when I was 22, I wanted 3,500 grafts to the hairline to get that teenage dense hairline, if I would have done that how would I look today? Not good, the 4,000 grafts ive gotten so far have changed my life and I can actually appreciate the head of hair I have now having lost it all and gained it back.

What im saying may sound ridiculous to those of you who are almost 40 with minor temple recession, but there is a saying that goes "without the bitter in life the sweet wouldn't be sweet". I think that's definitely true in my case, in closing OP yes you are losing some hair without a doubt, however I don't think it would be wise to proceed with a surgery without having stabilized your hair for at least a few years. You may want to swtich to dutasteride, several people have found success in switching from finasteride to dutasteride, also if you're not using brand name propecia you may want to switch to that, I don't think generics work as well as brand name and plenty of doctors actually recommend this. Additionally, if you're not on minoxidil and nizoral it would be good to add those to your arsenal.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I think any reputable doc would turn you away for surgery, your hair is in excellent shape, maybe some slight miniturization at the hairline & temples which you could stabilize with meds and/or minoxidil, otherwise enjoy your youth and awesome head of hair!

I see some slight recession at the temples from last year to this, but your hair looks pretty solid. I would stick to the meds and reaccess a year or 2 from now. There's no turning back from a transplant.

check out this thread. You guys are about a year apart in age

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182614-suggestions-please-grafts-doc.html

Thank you all for your responses.

My dad is balding both at the back and front area but hes already like 50.

I dont understand. I have been taking propecia for like 2 years and I cant believe that just from 7 months ago to now I have lost so much hair. I am given 5 milligram tablets and then I split them into four pieces and take one piece every day.

My barber actually says that my hair is very difficult to fade because its so thick except for the temple area.

Wayne Rooney had a hair transplant at 24 and he seems to be doing fine.

So I dont know what to do. I feel that my sex life has been affected because of the fin and I was willing to take that risk if it worked but finestaride hasnt even worked.

So what can I do?

I am thinking of maybe taking 2000 grafts but you guys all say not to except for one person ?

Are you buying generic or name-brand finasteride??

Because there's enormous difference between the two. Its like buying a Volkswagen vs. a Porsche

I dont know to be honest. But at the same time, I have read article after article saying that there arent any differences between generics and the original ones.

I dont know to be honest. But at the same time, I have read article after article saying that there arent any differences between generics and the original ones

Sorry to say, but you've read wrong. Check your bottle and see if its generic.

If it is generic go to the doctor first thing on monday and get a script for NAME-BRAND Propecia!

I dont know to be honest. But at the same time, I have read article after article saying that there arent any differences between generics and the original ones.

I think you got some good advice on this website.

To you - who looks at your hair everyday - you notice small changes.

To us - if we saw you in the street - we'd think you have very nice hair. Even your barber who looks at hair everyday says you have nice thick hair except temples. So forget us - even your barber says you have a pretty damn thick mane.

Does it mean perfect? No. But you are not 21 with these problems. You will lose some amount of hair as you get older except for a small fringe of population.

I think the caution you are hearing is you could continue at current pace for a few years of hair loss, it could stabilize, or it could accelerate. No one knows. Based on which path happens you'd probably be making a very different decision on type of hair transplant at say age 33 than you would today. So this is why most say wait. That doesn't mean you don't have minor hair loss.

I think you are a bit in your head and it is affecting you obviously. But I think it's because you think the loss is greater than it is. And maybe the pace of loss lately has gotten to you.

You can use minoxidil on the front of your head as well by the way - it works the same everywhere; its just advertised for the crown. I'd continue to stick on your regime and roll in minoxidil on areas that are thinning. Now fair warning you need to give it a year and sometime in that time frame you will shed some hair - which will freak you out - with the minixodil. That means it is working. Then you wait a few months and it will come back and hopefully bring some new friends around it to thicken the area.

It's your hair but when you see 9 out of 10 people (and your barber) applaud your hair it's food for thought. You look very normal for 28.

p.s. if you do decide to do something sooner, go for a small FUE surgery just to temples. No reason to get a strip at this time because you might stay near to what you are now for a decade of meds work.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

I think you got some good advice on this website.

To you - who looks at your hair everyday - you notice small changes.

To us - if we saw you in the street - we'd think you have very nice hair. Even your barber who looks at hair everyday says you have nice thick hair except temples. So forget us - even your barber says you have a pretty damn thick mane.

Does it mean perfect? No. But you are not 21 with these problems. You will lose some amount of hair as you get older except for a small fringe of population.

I think the caution you are hearing is you could continue at current pace for a few years of hair loss, it could stabilize, or it could accelerate. No one knows. Based on which path happens you'd probably be making a very different decision on type of hair transplant at say age 33 than you would today. So this is why most say wait. That doesn't mean you don't have minor hair loss.

I think you are a bit in your head and it is affecting you obviously. But I think it's because you think the loss is greater than it is. And maybe the pace of loss lately has gotten to you.

You can use minoxidil on the front of your head as well by the way - it works the same everywhere; its just advertised for the crown. I'd continue to stick on your regime and roll in minoxidil on areas that are thinning. Now fair warning you need to give it a year and sometime in that time frame you will shed some hair - which will freak you out - with the minixodil. That means it is working. Then you wait a few months and it will come back and hopefully bring some new friends around it to thicken the area.

It's your hair but when you see 9 out of 10 people (and your barber) applaud your hair it's food for thought. You look very normal for 28.

p.s. if you do decide to do something sooner, go for a small FUE surgery just to temples. No reason to get a strip at this time because you might stay near to what you are now for a decade of meds work.

Small FUE suergery sounds interesting. My barber said my hair was thick except for the hairline area which is obvious lol. But he did say the rest of my hair was thick.

The small FUE surgery, is it expensive and how many grafts should I expect to use?

Sorry to say, but you've read wrong. Check your bottle and see if its generic.

If it is generic go to the doctor first thing on monday and get a script for NAME-BRAND Propecia!

I checked but nowhere does it say its generic

• Administrators

Does the bottle look like this? If it doesn't than its generic

jVGsMPN.jpg

View my thread

Does the bottle look like this? If it doesn't than its generic

jVGsMPN.jpg

It doesn't. I get my prescription from Walgreens so they put all drugs on their own bottles. If it helps the pill is a blue rectangular pill.

It doesn't

Jeezus, and you wonder why you its not working.....LOL :D

When it comes to your hair, do you think you should skimp out and buy generic crap thats made in Nepal somewhere?? (no offense to any Nepalese we have on this forum)

It should look like this (in case he's colour blind....LOL):

MSD00711.jpg

Is there evidence behind this? That generic doesn't work as well as original?

Also I am in the United States so aren't drugs legitimate here?

I got these because these are actually covered by insurance according to my pharmacy whereas the others are not.

Do you know of any legitimate places where I can buy the original ones?

Sorry about the many questions