Absolutely Devastated with my hairloss

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So not even a small transplant of 600-800 grafts?

Did you read the thread I sent you yesterday?

Read that first before you ask your question. Send that 25 year old guy - who went to one of the best clinics in NA a private message. Have some discussion with him on pros cons.

I think on this thread alone you got something like 10 of 12 people to say hold off.

Again we all KNOW the psychology of this, but when guys who know the psychology tell you to hold off and you are believing there is way more loss than you think... and then you come back and argue but 2 of them said I had hair loss it sounds like you dont want information but you want people to confirm what you think.

So 10 of 12 people here said hold off, your barber says you have thick hair except 1 spot, yet 2 people say go ahead and you say "but 2 people said it's good to go".

If you were a good candidate you'd get a chorus of "it's time man" from this website. You have very small recession that almost no one but you notice. It's too early. Even if you wait 1 year you can see your situation better.

I'd take a photo in lighting you can replicate 1 year in same room you will be in 1 year. Save it on your computer. Then show up in late Feb 2017, take the exact same photo. Then put them side by side and assess. Post those photos here Feb 2017 and the ratio goes from 10 out of 12 "no" to 6 out of 12 then you have food for thought. Right now the crowd has spoken - and you are choosing to hear the minority. Not sure what else you want to hear at this point.

And yes some doctors will operate on you tomorrow morning at 8 AM. Because some doctors will operate on nearly anyone. Those are not the doctors you want to be with.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

I would def hold out the HT. Your hair looks good man, trust me. Even with your new haircut, you still have a good hairline that frames your face.

Thanks man. I appreciate the advice

Did you read the thread I sent you yesterday?

Read that first before you ask your question. Send that 25 year old guy - who went to one of the best clinics in NA a private message. Have some discussion with him on pros cons.

I think on this thread alone you got something like 10 of 12 people to say hold off.

Again we all KNOW the psychology of this, but when guys who know the psychology tell you to hold off and you are believing there is way more loss than you think... and then you come back and argue but 2 of them said I had hair loss it sounds like you dont want information but you want people to confirm what you think.

So 10 of 12 people here said hold off, your barber says you have thick hair except 1 spot, yet 2 people say go ahead and you say "but 2 people said it's good to go".

If you were a good candidate you'd get a chorus of "it's time man" from this website. You have very small recession that almost no one but you notice. It's too early. Even if you wait 1 year you can see your situation better.

I'd take a photo in lighting you can replicate 1 year in same room you will be in 1 year. Save it on your computer. Then show up in late Feb 2017, take the exact same photo. Then put them side by side and assess. Post those photos here Feb 2017 and the ratio goes from 10 out of 12 "no" to 6 out of 12 then you have food for thought. Right now the crowd has spoken - and you are choosing to hear the minority. Not sure what else you want to hear at this point.

And yes some doctors will operate on you tomorrow morning at 8 AM. Because some doctors will operate on nearly anyone. Those are not the doctors you want to be with.

Thank you for the advice. I guess you have a point. My only two options at this point were Dr Gabel and Dr Shapiro to see what they would say. They are the only two doctors I am considering.

• 2 weeks later...

Your'e definitely seeing more hair loss than anyone else is and I'm in agreement that a reputable doctor should turn you away for a HT.

I'm also in agreement that most people will be thrilled to have a head of hair like yours AFTER a transplant.

If you're really concerned, I'd suggest a different hair style. Cuts like these are very popular right now and will make you look like you have a lot more hair:

5b32eb721d007_Sidecut.jpeg.2d64acb0dd2b62be0dcf970a4795d9ba.jpeg

5b32eb7227942_34sidecut.jpeg.9415d1e6f1bcb880f455e69a85a7bda2.jpeg

Stay the way you are you look like a model you just need to smile a little and be thankful you have that much hair . In the future if you need it yes by all means but you will mess yourself up if you have a procedure now.

Your'e definitely seeing more hair loss than anyone else is and I'm in agreement that a reputable doctor should turn you away for a HT.

I'm also in agreement that most people will be thrilled to have a head of hair like yours AFTER a transplant.

If you're really concerned, I'd suggest a different hair style. Cuts like these are very popular right now and will make you look like you have a lot more hair:

Thats beautiful. I dont know if I can pull that off because my hair is frizzy and wavy though. But this is the ideal look for me.

Stay the way you are you look like a model you just need to smile a little and be thankful you have that much hair . In the future if you need it yes by all means but you will mess yourself up if you have a procedure now.

lol. not sure if youre trolling me but on the off chance that youre not, thank you.

I'm only a few years older than you and I would kill to have your hair. Honestly, when my hair loss was at your stage I didn't even notice it. I don't think anyone without a trained eye would see that anything is going on.

I would say not to sweat it and live your life :) But I can understand how it may bother you. If it is, keep an eye on it and act accordingly. Maybe everyone saying that the generic fin is not as effective has something to do with it. Or try other topicals, etc.

You can also use a little Toppik or other cover up and just blend it in for a fuller look for now until you really think you need one. You can use Biotin and take vitamins try all that stuff first. I don't blame you for being concerned just keep ahead of it and know that there's always something you can do to fix it but you look great so just keep up the good work.

You can also use a little Toppik or other cover up and just blend it in for a fuller look for now until you really think you need one. You can use Biotin and take vitamins try all that stuff first. I don't blame you for being concerned just keep ahead of it and know that there's always something you can do to fix it but you look great so just keep up the good work.

Thank you. What upsets me is that people say that I shouldn't get a hair transplant but there are professional superstars that get these at age of 24-25

Thank you. What upsets me is that people say that I shouldn't get a hair transplant but there are professional superstars that get these at age of 24-25

They can have the same issues down the road as anyone else. If you are a pro sports player who is too aggressive in the front end and headed to a high norwood you face the same problems as anyone else down the road - but a lot of guys... and people in general... only think about the next 5 years, not the next 40.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Many guys do get HT's at that age this is true. I guess the doctors you consulted with don't think it's time for an HT maybe you can get a small FUE to fill in where you want . I would do some consults on line and ask if you are a candidate for a small FUE. Good luck I hope you can get the answers you need.