FUE doctor recommendation advice needed

Bam

Hi all,

First of all, thanks to everyone for the invaluable information posted on this forum. I'm a 35 y/o male and currently a fairly stable NW 1-1.5 with above average donor density. I've been on Propecia/Minox for 3.5 years and as such am looking to restore my temple points as well as add slight density to my front hairline. I prefer to have the non-shaven FUE procedure.

It was recommended that 600 total grafts were needed (100 left temple, 300 right temple, and 200 for front density). I plan to have additional consultations.

My obvious concern is hiding the procedure, and more importantly transection and shockloss due to the large quantity of native hair in my front hairline. At this time, hair loss is not visible due to styling. I would really appreciate any surgeon recommendations for the size and detail of this type procedure? I have heard that Dr. Carlos Wesley is excellent. Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.

Hi all,

First of all, thanks to everyone for the invaluable information posted on this forum. I'm a 35 y/o male and currently a fairly stable NW 1-1.5 with above average donor density. I've been on Propecia/Minox for 3.5 years and as such am looking to restore my temple points as well as add slight density to my front hairline. I prefer to have the non-shaven FUE procedure.

It was recommended that 600 total grafts were needed (100 left temple, 300 right temple, and 200 for front density). I plan to have additional consultations.

My obvious concern is hiding the procedure, and more importantly transection and shockloss due to the large quantity of native hair in my front hairline. At this time, hair loss is not visible due to styling. I would really appreciate any surgeon recommendations for the size and detail of this type procedure? I have heard that Dr. Carlos Wesley is excellent. Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.

It sounds like what you are looking for is perfect fit for the FUE procedure. So you're good there.

However, you may be running a risk of injuring native hairs in the hairline if you don't allow some shaving of the hair in this area. When the hair is cut down to a buzz cut it's pretty easy to determine what direction the follicle is pointing under the skin and minimize accidental transection. When the hair is long it's much more risky.

Dr. Feller,

Thank you very much for taking your time to reply. I'm well aware of who you are, and your advice is greatly appreciated.

I was unaware that the keeping the hair long added additional risk to the procedure. I assumed that it was simply more expensive and time consuming to go the non-shaven route, but similar results could be expected. Concealing the procedure is obviously very important, but not at the expense of unnecessary risk.

I have seveal trips planned to NY and will work with your office to coordinate a visit. Thanks again for the reply.