**warning dr. James boland colorado surgical center and hair institute**

sufferer12

Hello,

I made one of the biggest mistakes by going to Colorado Surgical Center and Hair Institute which is located in Lone Tree, Colorado. Chris the owner/director set up for hotel and flight to be covered since I was coming from another state. In Nov 2014, I paid for 2500 grafts and it doesn't look like I had even half of that. Dr. James Boland is the doctor who cut the donor area and then the rest was done by a female tech. After about an hour or so Mr. Boland handed me a business card and left for the day. Chris brought me lunch and left soon after as well. The tech did the rest and I did not see them after that. I did not have any problems healing but my head looks terrible afterwards. I wear my hair short and you can see the donor scar after Chris guaranteed the scar would not be seen. There is also a pic on their site of someone with shorter hair then me. This is a scam!! I am extremely embarrassed and my unnatural hair line is noticed by any and everyone!! The 1st pic is the before pic and the 2nd and 3rd pic are pics I took a month ago. I am asking for my money back from them but Chris is only offering to do another surgery- can you believe that! He keeps arguing with me saying that its not bad work and that it just needs a little corrective surgery. He isn't taking responsibility for this work being bad you can clearly see it! How can they take advantage of people like this and get away with it??? I am writing this so that I can save others from ever having to go through this terrible situation. Someone please help me and tell me if there is anyone that can help repair this bad work. My hair line was better off before surgery. I am miserable!!

5b32eaf3d73aa_BeforeCrown2.thumb.jpg.7465800dc66612caaddf7212284265eb.jpg

Crown3.jpg.c61e1cea4b9c4faacbb63104b37517c5.jpg

Front2.thumb.jpg.3bb0b44d313cd7f1aea262173a4718d8.jpg

Edited by sufferer12

• Administrators

I'm so sorry about what you've been through, this clinic is notorious for butchering people in a $2 graft scam, they don't even transplant the amount of grafts they say they do, this place should be shut down, there is another guy on here called Sanjar he was severely butchered, maybe you guys can track down other butchered patients and file a class action law suit, this is the only way this clinic is going to go down.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Very sorry to hear. Like HT said, we have another forum member who suffered a similar fate. We empathize with you.

I would reach out to other members who've used this clinic. Also, did you pay by CC? If you feel strongly enough this situation could easily qualify for fraud/neglience imo and you can dispute the charge. Chase and AMEX are very good with this.

Oh man - another patient of the butcher of Colorado. Even though 2,500 grafts is a fair number, you should still have enough left in the bank to get this repaired and even better if the Dr transplanted less than the 2,500 as that's more in the bank. I would look into Rahal. Konior, Shapiro, or HW for your repair. Good luck mate, not all is lost!

Esrec, as he had the procedure in 2014, he won't be able to dispute his credit card charge as that has to be done within 60 days of the billing date for that statement

Every time I see a post about this clinic I hold my breath when I click on it. I am so sorry you were led into this house of horrors. It's a disgrace that they are allowed to keep operating and disfiguring people. What ever way they try and sway you do not let them touch your head again no matter what. Even though this work is bad all is not lost as a real doctor can fix this. I would consult with

Konior, Shapiro or Dr Cooley and see what they advise.

How are these clowns still im business????

Ask myself that question all the time. This is a house of horrors and people are butchered. It really makes me sick how they lure people in with two dollar grafts and they leave disfigured . Glad the word is out but feel for the poor souls that have been through the nightmare of that place.

Wow, this guy sounds like a bonafide asshole.

To mess with peoples lives like that just to make a few bucks is pure evil

Pure evil is right and if you research Sanjar you will see some of the worst butchery you can find in modern times. That place is a nightmare for anyone that comes in contact with it.

Everyone can see the scars on my hair line. This is terrible. How many grafts do you think were put in?

I just found this thread on baldtruthtalk.com about Dr. Searle from Colorado Hair Institute. He apparently moved his practice to Los Angeles/Orange County

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/14261-Drybone-s-1860-Graft-Dr-Searle-Colorado-Hair-Institute?p=224389#post224389

Edited by sufferer12

Mods, I know you have a policy on reaching out to recommended doctors to better understand updates in their practices, but have you ever reached out to a butcher, such as this one, and tried to gather information?

I know its a gray area, but maybe because THEIR patients are coming to YOUR forum you can make a claim you have a right to know what they are doing over there and why?

Idk, I think we all just feel terribly for these guys. Its heartbreaking.

BTW I would still debate the CC charges. I would say you didnt realize the charge was fraudent at the time, detailing all the reasons why. Tell the entire story, gather some well deserved sympathy and take a shot.