FUE Beard Transplant via ARTAS

This patient came to see Dr. Arocha because he was concerned about the patchy growth in his beard. Using the ARTAS robot by Restoration Robotics, Dr. Arocha was able to extract 1658 grafts in one procedure. Dr. Arocha filled in the areas lacking facial hair with the goal of creating a more consistent field of growth.

The result is shown at six months.

facial-hair-before-after-transplant-texas.jpg

BA3beard.jpg

Fue-hair-transplant-facial-beard-texas-1.jpg

Texas-beard-facial-transplant-hair-Artas-after.jpg

hair-transplant-before-texas-after-beard1.jpg

Fue-hair-transplant-artas-texas-1.jpg

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

• 1 month later...
I think this is the first ARTAS beard job I've ever seen. How many grafts do beards like this need to get better density? This looks a hell of a lot better, for sure, so great job!

"Better" is relative but to get a cosmetic improvement that would be worthwhile another few hundred to even a thousand could be done with effectiveness. Beards vary from person to person, not just in density but in overall surface area so the goal with patients like this is to simply get a cosmetic improvement, which Dr. Arocha has obviously achieved.

Thank you for your comments. We're glad you like the result:)

Hello friends,

Here is a updated photo of the patient's donor area after 6 months. (NOTE-This photo was taken immediately after we shaved the patient's head in preparation for his second ARTAS FUE procedure.)

6monthspost2.jpg

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Being completely honest - I have a good beard and it doesn't look like I need to worry about hair transplants making nice beards commonplace. The result looks unnatural and I don't see a cosmetic improvement.

Being completely honest - I have a good beard and it doesn't look like I need to worry about hair transplants making nice beards commonplace. The result looks unnatural and I don't see a cosmetic improvement.

Thank you for your comments. I'm curious what it is exactly that you think makes the result look unnatural. Please use this photo and pick out specifics that help you to form your opinion. Thank you.

Texas-beard-facial-transplant-hair-Artas-after.jpg

Biggest thing is you should have constructed a proper goatee before transplanting to the cheeks. The way it was designed looks like an exaggerated handlebar mustache.

I guess David Beckham has a similar pattern with much of the goatee completely bare, but this result looks strange to look at.

The way it was designed looks like an exaggerated handlebar mustache.

4a87c8047817db00aa63d936ce9b9b1d.jpg

I see the resemblance. What ever were we thinking?

I do not know which photos you are looking at but on the case we presented above the goal was to connect the moustache to the beard, along either side of his mouth and then fill in the patches of no growth on the cheeks. The "goatee" was already established and also needed only to be connected to the beard on the cheeks.

The patient is coming in soon to have round 2 with the ARTAS for increasing overall density.

Thank you for your opinion.