First Timer- Norwood VI Countdown to 4000 fue with Dr. Vories-advice requsted

Hello everyone, I'm at my 30 day countdown before my 4000 + procedure with Dr. Vories, scared as hell and nervous. I've never had a procedure and I've been contemplating one for 10 years. I didn't want a strip scar and hope to keep my hair short with a very conservative hairline. For the experts out there please let me know what you'd recommend and any other informational help, hints or tips I'd appreciate. Also I don't know the difference in the 50-70 sq. ct. hair groupings can someone elaborate on what that means and what I should request from my Dr. I've been in contact with Dr. Vories and his staff and feel very comfortable moving forward and will obviously take the Doctor's orders as we go along, but just wanted the forum's opinions, advice, comments. Thanks I really appreciate it.

I've uploaded some photos to show where I'm starting from and would appreciate any feedback on what you think I should expect with the 4000 grafts and also what med, vitamin, rogaine, etc. regiment you would recommend, now and after the procedure. I know I'm pretty bald so I figure I'll have to have another large procedure after this one in the future. But was hoping to get something conservative and short. Thanks for your help!

5b32eaed0b530_closeupoftop.jpg.2fd5ca1c268b0f31d6185b7f765417e1.jpg

front.jpg.0feb923840358c53dd02eb2f45680ad5.jpg

5b32eaed5596c_leftside.jpg.1f874373cb967a8193c9ef2e19c2f762.jpg

5b32eaed67f48_rightside.jpg.6fda608b7345a58a887da54a70001d1a.jpg

top.jpg.70c41ef38c7d6101ca4abf217596e467.jpg

Here are some pics of the back of my head as of today. You'll notice my hair is more grown out in these pictures, the original ones are from when I buzzed my head about 6 months ago which gives a better look at the current baldness, now I comb it all together to cover everythning up, but these pics should give you a good idea of the back of my head. THanks for the help.

image.jpg.f0aa4a7c6c2d9edaa85ef6f44272c5cf.jpg

Good news for you is that your donor area looks thick and plentiful and in the right hands i suspect anywhere between 6000 - 7500 fue, so seems likely you'll get 2 large sessions,

my guess is that Dr will place around 2500 to the front hair line and work his way back with the remaining grafts, then after 18months pop back for the second session. i think you have a wonderful result. your existing hairs look thick which will give a great dense look without dense packing

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

• Administrators

Your hair quality looks good, the salt and pepper will help also in terms of illusion of density, your older so hair loss should be more stabilized, I'd say things will turn out great, don't worry im also Norwood 6 and had 4,000 grafts, you have more donor density than I do though, you'll probably have another 3,000 grafts left after this your crowns not that bad either. Good luck man don't be nervous it's exciting times.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I appreciate the help, just wondering on the cm/ per inch etc. calculation. What is a normal result or the expected result one should go after when having a larger procedure? Any post op regimens to help keep redness away and regrow hair quicker and to get rid of post op scabs?

I'll obviously take the Dr.'s recommendation, but wanted anyones opinions.

Thanks

HI yes it will be a two day session, and yes I definitely want to go fue, I just can't get to the point of doing a fut, in case my hair loss gets worse and I want to wear it really short, which is how I wear it out. I couldn't find the study on transection rates, however in my research it seems that Dr. Vories has shown good yield and results from the larger sessions so I'm comfortable moving forward with it. Thanks for your help though.

Great...ya two sessions should be just right for FUE.

Just in case u wanted to go through the study results...look at the comments from Dr Blake ont he below post and you will find a link to it.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182476-after-10-years-i-am-ready-how-many-grafts-do-i-need-how-do-we-approach-3.html

PS: I have undergone FUE recently too

• 2 weeks later...

Had to cancel the procedure, which sucks, I got real busy at work and can't schedule to be out of the office for a week and can't wear a hat or cover it up. Hope I can reschedule sometime soon or next year. Wish someone would invent an easy way to conceal a fue transplant in the recipient area so you could guarantee the redness and scabs would be gone in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...
Had to cancel the procedure, which sucks, I got real busy at work and can't schedule to be out of the office for a week and can't wear a hat or cover it up. Hope I can reschedule sometime soon or next year. Wish someone would invent an easy way to conceal a fue transplant in the recipient area so you could guarantee the redness and scabs would be gone in a few days.

ah thats a real shame...... fingers crossed something happens to fast track your plans. The redness for me only last 3 weeks, so its just a minor gamble one that most people dont ever really look at, but you'll probably need at least 14 days away from the office

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

You should start with Finasteride and multivitamins & minerals tablets (containing Biotin). To reduce redness post op - Aloe vera water is great.

Plus there is a video from Spex on post op healing. You should be able to get your hands on it. I can't recall where I saw it. But it was very informative & helpful.

Did you get another date finalized ?