3179 graft FUE with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti in Chandigarh, India

mjht

Hi Friends,

Sharing my HT experience. After spending over a year researching on surgeons and procedure, I finally decided and underwent my first HT with Dr Tejinder Bhatti in India on Feb 2' 2016.

I am 30 years male and like everyone, I also had lots of IFs and BUTs, TO or NOT TO sort of thoughts. People around me kept saying that I should be strong to embrace the baldness the natural way and that going for HT is a sign of weakness. But I believe it takes more courage to go for a procedure like HT and I am happy about it so far.

I chose Dr Bhatti because his work on this and other forums looks impressive. Communication with him is strong point which builds in confidence. If I remember correctly, he replied to all my emails within a day.

I even had my dilemma the evening before the surgery. But once I met with Dr Bhatti and his team, I got enough confidence to proceed. Both Dr Bhatti and his team know their stuff and are extremely transparent.

Procedure took around 8 hours. I reached clinic sharp at 7, thanks to clinic's very punctual driver Sachin. Had a meeting with Dr Bhatti to discuss hairline one more time, followed by the blood test and then straight to the OT. Dr Bhatti did harvesting which took around two hours. I felt little pain while anesthesia was being injected, rest of the time it was very much under tolerable limits with two spikes during entire procedure. Slit making took another 1 hour and then I was given 10 mins break.

Plantation was then done by the team who seem very careful and confident about it. So I had no worries either. Girls turned out big Bollywood fans like me.

Dr Bhatti kept checking in every few mins to make sure everything was alright.

It was all complete by around 3 pm. I was given nice lunch and asked to wait for 1-2 hours for bandage removal.

Next day there was 1 hour session in the morning for post op care instructions. Dr Bhatti checked my buds and even commented that I had taken very good care during the night. I was now free to leave Chandigarh.

All in all it was a pleasant experience and I hope my results turn out rocking. I am following all post care instructions like military orders.

Attaching my before procedure pic and 6th day post op pics. Would love to hear feedback.

-Cheers

BEFORE.jpg.b65f1310f8091dcc32213ac173bc6bd4.jpg

5b32eaeaa2465_1_Postop_Day6.thumb.jpg.e8e7f9016b37d638d4d589ee0e5150bd.jpg

5b32eaeabd9b5_2_Postop_Day6.thumb.jpg.4e9f51d4618ff1e04f10a6d3c2d557e8.jpg

5b32eaeb66cb4_3_Postop_Day6.thumb.jpg.c46074f4e8823b4ab269154bdfc7dc43.jpg

5b32eaeb95888_Donor_Postop_Day6.thumb.jpg.6648ea2d3fb2411337427b1bfebd7f31.jpg

Hi mjht,

Congratulations on getting your HT done. I am glad that you did not listen to the "embrace your baldness" advise and had the courage to do something about it.

Thank you so much for your kind words about Dr. Bhatti and the rest of our Team. We try hard to provide an excellent service to our Patients and feedback like yours makes us even more motivated.

Please keep the updates coming.

I wish you all the best,

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

you had strip (FUT?)

what was the blood test for?

looks like it'll be a great result! :-)

Hi jameslondon,

Dr. Bhatti does not do any FUT/Strip HT procedures. He performs FUE procedures exclusively.

In regards to the blood tests, that is a standard procedure as per the Indian laws to screen for certain known health issues.

Best regards,

California

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Apologies for misunderstanding this sentence: "Slit making took another 1 hour and then I was given 10 mins break." I thought this referred to the strip incision or slit, but I can understand it's part of the FUE procedure.

what are the health issues that the blood tests are for? what law?

jameslondon - bloodwork is probably required by any physician who will do a HT procedure on you - they want to make sure you don't have diseases such as Hep C, AIDS, etc. and to ensure that you're generally healthy to undergo the procedure

jameslondon - bloodwork is probably required by any physician who will do a HT procedure on you - they want to make sure you don't have diseases such as Hep C, AIDS, etc. and to ensure that you're generally healthy to undergo the procedure

Thank you, home1212. As you rightly said, blood work is a routine procedure before the Surgeon starts the HT procedure. Usually, a hemogram is also done. The hemogram or complete blood count (CBC) is used as a broad screening test to check for such disorders as anemia, infection, and many other diseases. It is actually a profile of tests that examines different parts of the blood.

Best regards,

California

Congratulations mjht! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the outcome. Please continue to update us on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Congratulations mjht! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the outcome. Please continue to update us on your progress.

Thanks David.....I hope so too....will keep updating the thread with progress.

-Cheers

you had strip (FUT?)

what was the blood test for?

looks like it'll be a great result! :-)

Thanks Jameslondon.

It was FUE. Blood test was mainly for few basic checks which are done for any surgery, like HIV, bleeing time/clotting time, etc.

Edited by mjht

• 1 month later...

HI All,

I am now 6 weeks post op...and here are the pics. I dont know if I am having shockloss or not as I can see lot of hair on me head standing like straws. If I have these hair with shockloss, then I think I am going to have rocking result. BUT if this is without shockloss and if this is the final density I am going to have then its a worrisome. I know I should not judge at such an early stage, but empty mind is devil's workshop.

Last pic is what I look like at the moment IMO.

Front.thumb.jpg.84790b5557d53949b69edad5a95e55a5.jpg

Left.thumb.jpg.285450a2841881aac0e58a1ee9828f68.jpg

Right.thumb.jpg.d10def4c41b65aebf6036350cd2f3f7d.jpg

Donor.thumb.jpg.b3f04ce4eb4c5f4d03ef0079f59794dd.jpg

me.jpg.af6e1b7ffccfb12d359d5badc983c77e.jpg

• 2 months later...

Mjht, any updated pics?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Friends,

Please find the pics attached at 20th week. Before I say anything about how feel, I would like to hear what everyone thinks. I have taken pics in bright light to give true impression.

Front.thumb.jpg.540b2cb4669fcc016cc26aefe894742e.jpg

Hairline.thumb.jpg.6998f8528f22dec0c2245982cde292af.jpg

Left.thumb.jpg.fc62d3b89e5a3e91bbfcfd29dd4020de.jpg

Right.thumb.jpg.5849e017bab8b125d78adc751c25f5aa.jpg

Top.thumb.jpg.bf25144168bae8e86f8e279dc0b1c07f.jpg

Donor.thumb.jpg.2872db48b9cfc158465f34bb400083b4.jpg

Looks natural. Looks as if your hair grows fast. If your concerned about the denisty, you look like you have more than enough donor to thicken it up later as much as you want. A bit of Toppik would probably do wonders in the mean time. Otherwise I think you have a good result.

coming in nicely for only 5 months, I think you have much more growth ahead of you given you had over 3k grafts, also you have very straight fine hair, would have looked "denser" if you had better hair characteristics, but I think its coming in very natural and you have much more growth ahead, best of luck! this is the payoff time ... you'll keep smiling everytime you look in the mirror!

Thanks Harebrained and Home1212. Personally I like the coverage but feel that hairline should be more dense. Hairline hasnt still met my satisfaction, but its only 5 months so I am going to wait.

I do smile looking into the mirror and have got some compliments when not under bright lights.

No one has smelled HT so far, so yes. I believe my new hair does look very natural.

Have been using propecia and minoxidil 5% once a dayas advised by Dr Bhatti.

Hi Mjht,

For 5 months you are doing well.

You still have a long way to go but you seem to be progressing to a result that will meet your satisfaction. I think you can afford to have that wry smile!

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Looking forward to seeing your continuous updates.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...