Feller Medical and Hasson & Wong Hair Transplants

gogi786

Stig - what is your personal experience with HT surgery that you claim you can help others, etc? Your profile contains absolutely ZERO information?

Sure Home, I did not do enough due diligence, got some very poor advice, did not listen to some very good advice to travel, and ended up choosing the wrong Doctor resulting in a not so great result and in need of a repair. I am now in the process of travelling to various HT surgeons and meeting with them in person with a view to get my repair done later this year. So far I have met with Most of the big boys in North America, but do want to visit the likes of Feriduni, Erdogan, Karadenitz, Lorenzo and Erdogan before I make up my mind. Just trying to co'ordinate meeting them in one trip as I travel through Europe. In the meantime, I have made it my mission to exercise patience and really do my homework which I have been doing since last year. Is it overkill - proberly, do I have skin in the game to help other prospective patients - absolutely as I was one of them myself, why do I care so much - hard to tell, but the experience has fueled my passion as this hair transplant industry is hard with butchers around every corner, hence why my blood boils when I start hearing allegations of shady practices by surgeons. Why have I not named my surgeon and posted pictures - because I decided to leave that in the past and move on with my life. In all fairness to the doctor, he did offer to give me the repair for free, and I don't see any grounds for me to completely blame him for the poor results. I signed the consent forms knowing the risks. Like I said, it was a mistake picking him in the first place. If you would like to see pics, PM me.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have something in common then .. I had a HT in the early 90's when I first noticed I started losing my hair in my early 20's - I paniced of course and there were no forums like this to seek advice from at the time. So I made what I considered one of the biggest mistakes of my life and had a HT with a NY doctor in the Rockefeller Square area - expensive and advertised alot... I was naive, uninformed and quite honestly dumb to have gone through it - but I also believe it was unethical for the doctor to have performed surgery on me. Fortunately, it was not a huge procedure, but a few hundred grafts into the existing hairline. These grafts were "plugs" which remained as the rest of my hair went over the course of the next 10-20 years. I had such a bad experience with that first HT that I did not want to do it again, so I concealed my baldness with unique hair styling, comb-overs, hairspray, gels, etc. It was pretty sad, time consuming and nerve wracking in windy conditions, on vacations, near pools, etc. AFter finding this forum, I finally decided it was time to do something about my condition and correct it. I got alot of great information from other members about the good docs, different procedures, and what to expect this time around. After an exhaustive search, I consulted with Feller in person since I'm from the NY/NJ area, also had some online consults with H&W, Konior, Shapiro, Rahal. I finally decided on Rahal because of his skill, artistry, reputation and also mainly because he would do the less invasive FUE procedure on me. I can't say enough good things about him and his clinic and I'm extremely thankful I found him - through this forum. Its literally changed my life.... thanks for sharing your experience as well and I hope you find some solution to your issues as well.

We have something in common then .. I had a HT in the early 90's when I first noticed I started losing my hair in my early 20's - I paniced of course and there were no forums like this to seek advice from at the time. So I made what I considered one of the biggest mistakes of my life and had a HT with a NY doctor in the Rockefeller Square area - expensive and advertised alot... I was naive, uninformed and quite honestly dumb to have gone through it - but I also believe it was unethical for the doctor to have performed surgery on me. Fortunately, it was not a huge procedure, but a few hundred grafts into the existing hairline. These grafts were "plugs" which remained as the rest of my hair went over the course of the next 10-20 years. I had such a bad experience with that first HT that I did not want to do it again, so I concealed my baldness with unique hair styling, comb-overs, hairspray, gels, etc. It was pretty sad, time consuming and nerve wracking in windy conditions, on vacations, near pools, etc. AFter finding this forum, I finally decided it was time to do something about my condition and correct it. I got alot of great information from other members about the good docs, different procedures, and what to expect this time around. After an exhaustive search, I consulted with Feller in person since I'm from the NY/NJ area, also had some online consults with H&W, Konior, Shapiro, Rahal. I finally decided on Rahal because of his skill, artistry, reputation and also mainly because he would do the less invasive FUE procedure on me. I can't say enough good things about him and his clinic and I'm extremely thankful I found him - through this forum. Its literally changed my life.... thanks for sharing your experience as well and I hope you find some solution to your issues as well.

Thanks Home - yes at the end of the day most of the folks on this community all have at least something in common, and when you dig deep we are actually all on the same side really. Thanks for the kind words, and all the best to you as well!

It's really sad to hear all the procedures most have to endure and some pretty bad and disappointment after waiting a year for the results. I just can't grasp why we have great hair and then it's gone why our bodies at one point starts attacking our own hair. Pretty cruel joke life plays on us.

Guys,

Please bring this topic back to its original intention which is about Gogi's experience. I had to intervene temporarily to address a couple of issues, but now that this is done, let's respect Gogi and make this about supporting and helping him.

Stig,

Since you said you'd honor my request, please refrain from posting anymore on this or other Dr. Feller topics. In time, if I see that you've been a constructive contributing member outside of Dr. Feller topics, I'll lift the restriction if you feel you can post objectively again.

Please don't respond to this either Stig. If you have any questions about it, you are welcome to PM me.

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

This is rediculous and I'm tired of being accused and spied on what am I applying for an FBI job or applying for a gun permit. Why is it that people can praise the crap out of Rahal, Shapiro Hasson and Wong and I can't have my Own FREEDOM OF SPEECH . I'm NOT ALLOWED to use Dr. Feller's name in a positive post . I'd like to see if I posted bad stuff about Dr. Feller would I be left alone by the anti Feller wolves out there it's so obvious that any mention of Feller and I get attached and questioned . Maybe you all have to keep attacking because you have to protect your own doctors and discredit Dr. Feller to do so. I feel that I can't really say what I want hear on this forum . What is wrong with you hateful people out there that didn't even meet Dr. Feller but they can say all kinds of negative garbage . Why would someone deliberately try to smear someone and try to affect a person who has been reputable for over 20 years . I can see if you went there met him weren't happy with his results but none of this applies don't you see how strange and transparent that looks. I will say anything I want about Dr. Feller I've seen his work and I believe he does a great job . So go ahead attack me again and I'll be here defending if you don't like it move on to another post . Leave me alone your'e mean nasty group and I can post what I want . Keep out of my business I'm not running for president I'm just a poster who has MY OWN OPINION.

This is rediculous and I'm tired of being accused and spied on what am I applying for an FBI job or applying for a gun permit. Why is it that people can praise the crap out of Rahal, Shapiro Hasson and Wong and I can't have my Own FREEDOM OF SPEECH . I'm NOT ALLOWED to use Dr. Feller's name in a positive post . I'd like to see if I posted bad stuff about Dr. Feller would I be left alone by the anti Feller wolves out there it's so obvious that any mention of Feller and I get attached and questioned . Maybe you all have to keep attacking because you have to protect your own doctors and discredit Dr. Feller to do so. I feel that I can't really say what I want hear on this forum . What is wrong with you hateful people out there that didn't even meet Dr. Feller but they can say all kinds of negative garbage . Why would someone deliberately try to smear someone and try to affect a person who has been reputable for over 20 years . I can see if you went there met him weren't happy with his results but none of this applies don't you see how strange and transparent that looks. I will say anything I want about Dr. Feller I've seen his work and I believe he does a great job . So go ahead attack me again and I'll be here defending if you don't like it move on to another post . Leave me alone your'e mean nasty group and I can post what I want . Keep out of my business I'm not running for president I'm just a poster who has MY OWN OPINION.

Feel better now?

Much of the complaints in the comparison are chippy. He does have arrogance about him, but I think its due in part to his proven track record and confidence in his ability. Still, he should still show patience and compassion when it comes to every part of the process.

Why is there always so much drama surrounding Feller. He's a great doc with proven results but for as long as I've been on these forums, he always causing ruckus and it seems ( *** MY OPINION***) Bill is always there defending him and warning members about what they say to/against him. Years ago I was given a warning and I think a post was deleted because I was questioning some of the drama.

I don't follow the threads too closely so I have no idea about this user. Whatever the case, if it were someone posting AGAINST Feller with multiple aliases, I'm sure they would be insta-band

Touche.

So, why ban one person based on multiple aliases and keep other one as a member even when Mods have confirmed that someone is posting using multiple ID's?. And he/she still continues a s a member? - screams inconsistent to me!..

I am loosing confidence in the forum too..BUT I gotta tell you one thing!!!, other forums are even worse.so this is the best we have, I wish the mods are consistent with their decision,go extra mile in keeping this forum neutral........and making a statement here would definitely prove the neutrality.

To be fair to HairJo, Bill's statement is inconsistent. Although he mentions that HairJo is posting under multiple aliases, he said the IP address doesn't match any other user. If that's the case, then how does he know HairJo is posting from different user accounts? I think he is probably stating that HairJo is posting from the same location as other users, yet he can't prove it is the same person as the IP addresses are different. Perhaps Bill can clarify his statement because my head is spinning now - lol.

Let's put the multiple aliases issue aside for the moment and just consider the accusations made by the patient... Are we sure that those were false accusations and the clinic is completely clean?

It also brings me to think more in detail on such issues, assuming that the patient can be victim too some times. There has to be a way through this forum or outside where the post op service from the clinics is also assessed and used in continuation of formation of the recommendation on this site. We could possibly poll it but then again the issue of multiple aliases could derail the poll/survey results. It's very difficult sitting on the fence to take anyone's side.

So he has posted under multiple aliases from the same Ip address? And that's fine???

Absolutely I had to do a double take when I read this.

I think this needs to be cleared up by the mods urgently. Having multiple aliases is a breach of the terms of the forum and in the past members have been banned immediately for this.

Why would any legitimate poster have multiple aliases? Unless they were trying to promote clinics or influence other posters.?

Wow all this from a typo which was entirely my fault. Although from the context I can't believe nobody figured this out.

HairJo has NOT posted under multiple aliases which is what I meant to say. Now the rest makes sense right?

And no I don't always come to anyone's defense ... That is, unless they deserve it and are being unfairly maligned.

I will go back through the topic now and remove anything that was related to my mistake.

Bill

We do not have double standards. If harjo really was using multiple accounts we would have suspended him. But he has not been found using multiple aliases. I'm sorry for my typo which unfortunately changed the meaning of the entire message. At least some of you saw the inconsistencies and recognized that clarification was needed.

But what's crazy is some of you were obviously looking for a reason to throw a legitimate poster under the bus just because he disagreed with you. If everyone read the whole message I posted it would have been pretty obvious that i was saying I have no proof of foul play especially since the last statement of my message stated this.

That said please come off the multiple alias issue now since it was a typo and not the case.

Bill

Bill -I'd like to congratulate you on that half hearted apology. Bravo!

Given the current landscape of whats being discussed and drama around this place, you cannot expect us to assume you made a typo and make a conclusion from there.

It was your mistake, not ours and while you briefly recognized that in your post. The majority of it felt like beration.

And to be clear. I have nothing against anyone on this forum or their opinions. We all come here for the same unfortunate reason. My issue is with Fellers antics. It seems he likes to stir up unnecessary drama and threads always end up with a bunch of post deleted or warnings being given when people start talking against him.

While the majority of the members of this forum show a clear interest in helping people there's always a handful who feel the need to try to poison an otherwise healthy well with negativity and ridiculousness. Clearly I made a typo. And while it was my mistake, the ambiguity in the post was obvious so Lord knows why a few insist on focusing solely on the first part that contained the typo.

I'll give this topic another day to get back on track. If it doesn't, I will lock the topic and we can all move on.

Best wishes,

Bill