Feller Medical and Hasson & Wong Hair Transplants

gogi786

Hi guys,

My journey with hair loss is probably not so different to many of us although I feel I have benefitted from the invaluable information provided on forums to help me make better decisions sooner.

I have had two transplants. One with Dr Feller back in 2007 and one very recently with Dr Wong. If memory serves me correctly, the first session was around 3,000 grafts. The latter session in Dec-2014 was 4,650 grafts.

I plan to provide an overview of my experience at both below,

I noticed my hair loss during my early 20s. Having tried numerous things such as Propecia and Minoxidil (I struggled to be disciplined with these) and including being ripped off by Advanced Hair Studio, I finally opted for a hair transplant with Dr Feller in 2007.

To sum up the transplant undertaken with Dr Feller resulted in good hair regrowth, however the overall experience including before, during and after was not to a standard that I expected, nor to one that I consider of a good quality, particularly given the money I was spending. Having no benchmark other than my own expectations, I decided to assume that the experience was typical and let it be. However, after my recent experience at Hasson & Wong, I wish I had chosen H&W from the onset. I have read posts on forums with individuals becoming a little defensive over any negative comments about surgeons, however this is my own personal experience and I stand by it. My reasoning is attached in a comparison table.

Overall, both are good in my experience, but Dr Wong is my choice for any future treatments. The service, pre, during and after care, and empathy was way beyond what Dr Feller offered.

5b32ead9b6453_DrFellerandDrWongComaprison.jpg.a4d3ae8274059a9e718049c892bbb2ce.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Empathy is one key attribute that the clinics and surgeons need to ensure. Specially more so post op when the first timer undergoes through so many emotions and situations and when you just have an email address to talk to its not that great & comforting.

I have never been to Hasson and Wong although I did hear of their good reputation . But in all defense I went to Dr. Feller with 2 of my friends for the consults and their procedures and we were all treated great from the receptionist all the techs and Dr. Feller we all had a great lunch and a great experience.

Hi guys,

My journey with hair loss is probably not so different to many of us although I feel I have benefitted from the invaluable information provided on forums to help me make better decisions sooner.

I have had two transplants. One with Dr Feller back in 2007 and one very recently with Dr Wong. If memory serves me correctly, the first session was around 3,000 grafts. The latter session in Dec-2014 was 4,650 grafts.

I plan to provide an overview of my experience at both below,

I noticed my hair loss during my early 20s. Having tried numerous things such as Propecia and Minoxidil (I struggled to be disciplined with these) and including being ripped off by Advanced Hair Studio, I finally opted for a hair transplant with Dr Feller in 2007.

To sum up the transplant undertaken with Dr Feller resulted in good hair regrowth, however the overall experience including before, during and after was not to a standard that I expected, nor to one that I consider of a good quality, particularly given the money I was spending. Having no benchmark other than my own expectations, I decided to assume that the experience was typical and let it be. However, after my recent experience at Hasson & Wong, I wish I had chosen H&W from the onset. I have read posts on forums with individuals becoming a little defensive over any negative comments about surgeons, however this is my own personal experience and I stand by it. My reasoning is attached in a comparison table.

Overall, both are good in my experience, but Dr Wong is my choice for any future treatments. The service, pre, during and after care, and empathy was way beyond what Dr Feller offered.

Can you post a copy of the patronizing e-mail send by Dr Feller? I don't get the part about Dr Wong using an electronic device to cut your strip. I'd be shocked if he used anything other than a single blade like that used by Dr Feller. Are you sure the electronic device wasn't just used for the administering the freezing?

I have never been to Hasson and Wong although I did hear of their good reputation . But in all defense I went to Dr. Feller with 2 of my friends for the consults and their procedures and we were all treated great from the receptionist all the techs and Dr. Feller we all had a great lunch and a great experience.

aaahhh yes, the 2 surgeries that your friends had for which you took 2 days to go with them and sit in the surgery the whole time watching and observing. And then all you ever do on this site is post on anti-Feller threads to defend him. Yet, you yourself have never had a surgery with Feller. Do you have anything else at all to contribute to this community besides defending Feller all the time?

I think i have enough to give good advise and my opinion just like other people stick up for who they believe in . Maybe I do it just to piss you off and see it worked I thought you were a bit slow to attack but I knew you would be right on here doing just what you're doing you are very predictable Mr. Stig . I have seen many other doctors approach and I have done my home work looking for a good doctor in my area. I can not have an HT at this time because of my meds and my medical doctor won't agree on me doing it and getting off my meds but I still take great interest in this forum. I can see that you always say something bad about Dr. Feller it's almost like you have a personal problem with Dr. Feller what's the true story here?

HairJo, let's leave my feelings about Dr Feller to the side for now, and focus on you and me. Not disputing your advice and opinion, and good for you that you love the man so much that you feel the need to defend the guy on every single thread that someone complains. Do you even read or care about the facts and circumstances behind gogi's allegations? Are you even remotely interested in reading the alleged e-mail? It looks to me as if that stuff means absolutely nothing to you, and you feel the need to just jump in and defend the man straight off the bat. I also can't get my head around the fact that you spent two whole days observing 2 of your friend's getting surgeries performed by Dr Feller. Good on you if it's the truth, but c'mon man, I think it's made up.

You can think whatever you want . I have some thoughts about you also . No one can say anything nice about Feller and Bloxham without you trying to spin it negative so that seems a bit odd to me you seem like you'e just waiting to pounce. To answer your questions yes I do care and I read everything that's been going on. I spent most of my life caring for patients in my profession and if I thought anyone was being wronged I'd be the first one reporting anything wrong. In my judgement I really don't see what the big deal is Stig unless someone had a bad outcome but the doctor's been in business for over twenty years . Maybe you don't agree but we've all heard your complaints a thousand times what is your intention everyone knows how you feel ,your questions your concerns you've already said it all.

Stig,

You have made your personal feelings about Dr. Feller clear on this forum. And while you are entitled to your opinion, chastising another member for sharing a favorable/positive opinion of Dr. Feller is not appropriate. Frankly, I'm getting real tired of your subtle "attacks" on Dr. Feller and it's time for you to either start contributing to other topics unrelated to Dr. Feller or move on.

Given your obvious bias and what appears to be trolling any topic related to Dr. Feller to get in a subtle dig, I ask that you no longer comment on any Dr. Feller related topics and that you don't even mention his name. There are thousands of other topics unrelated to Dr. Feller that you can contribute to.

Please acknowledge your willingness to cooperate by responding to this post. If I see continued posts that show you are trolling Dr. Feller related topics and taking subtle jabs at him, I will be forced to suspend your posting privileges.

Your cooperation is appreciated and expected.

Bill

Bill,

I agree with HTsoon, a liitle on the harsh side by censoring me from commenting at all about a specific surgeon. I believe that I have shared my views in a respectful manner, and refrained from engaging in insults when insulted (Home comes to mind). I also haven't made any direct unsubstantiated allegations against the said Doctor myself, and my views are always properly prefaced. With that said, I do have a bias against the said Doctor, and I have gone to far with subtle digs on a few occasions which when pointed out by you and David, I backtracked and edited those out. I understand that he is trying to protect his professional reputation, and you are only doing your job by protecting him from malicious posters and unsubstantiated allegations. Therefore I will comply with your request, but just wanted to post a quote from a statement that was posted on this very forum:

"As a community we held together and stood behind the right of patients to make critical posts when genuine and we prevailed every time in over 13 major law suits over 15 years that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. All for the right of "free" speech and transparency. So I believe in the right of free speech when it is genuine and will fight for it. I believe everyone has a right to their genuine opinions on treatments and physicians." - Patrick Hennessey (founder and publisher of Hairrestorationnetwork)

Edited by Stig

Wait, seriously? The OP was the one who shared the unfavorable experience with Dr. Feller. Are we forgetting this? How is Stig the bad guy for empathazing with these sentiments?

HairJo never even had a procedure with Dr. Feller, yet felt the need to challenge the OP, who did, and is entitled to share his opinion. Reprimands are being thrown in the wrong direction.

esrec,

If you limit Stig's posts regarding Dr. Feller to just this topic, I agree that this kind of action would be unwarranted and unfair. However, Stig literally trolls every topic related to Dr. Feller and always has something negative to say, even on favorable topics regarding Dr. Feller. I have received numerous complaints by not only Dr. Feller, but patient members as well.

Stig, I am going to ask you honor my request. If you are indeed a genuine member and care about helping hair loss sufferers, then it really shouldn't trouble you to stop talking about Dr. Feller for awhile. If it's really that hard for you, then it's obvious that you have only one agenda, to smear Dr. Feller's name.

So we will see what you decide to do from here on out. But I have asked you to honor a simple request. Let's see if you can do it.

Bill

Stig,

Don't mistake the above quote by Pat as the right to troll and make subtle, unwarranted digs for absolutely no reason. You are being singled out because you do this on almost every Dr. Feller post. I have not singled out others because they keep their opinions limited to relevant topics. You have gone way too far and even admitted to doing so. You have gotten more subtle, but the intentions and trolling still exists.

Again, if you are a genuine poster, I assume you'll have no problem not talking about him when there are dozens of other very important topics to discuss and hundreds of new posts every week with members asking for genuine help.

Bill

Bill,

I understand and agree that baseless jabs add zero value to this forum. I encourage you to keep the sass to a minimum. You do a great job of it.

In general though, and I'm really not playing sides, the controversy around recent Feller threads have been warranted. We got to the bottom of some very tough topics because we pressed further, not despite it. I think the frustration came from delays and ambiguity, rather than some sort of agenda.

As an aside, I noticed you deleted HT's comment from above. Can you share why? It didn't appear very controversial.

This is your house--I'm just living in it. I do worry though, that if we censor posts or ban someone that shares a differing view or opinion, we enter into a sticky place. I'm so thankful for this forum, I'd hate to see it lose authenticity.

Bill, I already stated above that I would comply with your instrctions, so yes will honor that. I do take exception to the insinuation that I am not a genuine poster and have one single agenda to smear a said Doctor. I have contrbuted to plenty of topics unrelated to that Doctor, and have dispensed advice to plenty of forum members, including the likes of Esrec and Dutchie who were all headed down a uninformed path in terms of selecting their surgeons. In addition, although I acknowledge instances where I posted unwarranted digs at the said Doctor, I take ownership of that, own it, and accept the slap on my wrists that you are dishing out. However, It is also wrong to state that all my posts related to the said Doctor were unwarranted. If your assumption is that all my posts were simply to smear that said Doctor, then you are gravely mistaken. I assure you that I am very vocal about the various topics because I am passionate about them, not with the intention to discredit and ruin a surgeon's practice, but rather to protect and help future patients who for the most part are uninformed going in. If I see a surgeon potentially engaging in practices that rub me the wrong way and that appear wrong to me, then I am not afraid to dig deep and ask the tough questions. Like everyone here I am passionate about hair, and helping other patients navigate through a very murky and complicated world, like I have had to do myself. If I had a problem not talking about the said Doctor, then I would have bent over and let you ban me, however, that is not the case at all. I have no problem at all with honoring your request and will continue contributing to the forum with the same intention I have always had, which is to help other members.

Esrec,

A former member who was previously suspended created an alias and posted inflammatory comments. This I've deleted his posts along with all replies to that post. We do not entertain former members who've already been banned returning and posting anything let alone insulting inflammatory comments - and any replies to that post was no longer sensical so they were deleted as well.

Thanks for understanding

Bill

In the interests of fairness here How about asking Hairjo to start commenting on other things and stop the incessant shilling on Dr feller threads? If he is a genuine poster and here to help I guess he will have no issue with this.

Ever since Hairjo profile was created the same day of Dr Fellers MFUE and anti FUE marketing campaign his posting history is only defending and shilling all things feller.

He's clearly connected to the clinic as many members have pointed out. It's concerning this seems to be ignored.

The reality is Dr feller makes outlandish and arrogant posts on here consistently so genuine posters are going to take issue with them.

Wiz,

Members can delete/edit their comments for up to 10 days. Thus, if you really wish to remove your comment, you are welcome to do so. That said, Stig already defended himself and claimed it was not him. So I don't see any reason to remove your post since your post was already addressed.

Best,

Bill

BaldingBlogger,

I hear your concerns and I will investigate them.

That said...

HairJo,

I know you've praised Dr. Feller on many topics but I have not investigated the authenticity of your posts - most of the time, I don't do this as there are far too many members and posts to do this. That's why in our terms of service it states

"Considering the real-time nature of our web sites, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this community or any entity associated with or sponsoring this community."

That said, when a particular post or poster comes to my attention, I do investigate them in order to do our best to keep this forum balanced and fair. If you are in any way affiliated with Dr. Feller's clinic, you must disclose this in your forum signature. If you are a genuine patient, that's fine and you are welcome to post and share your experiences. However, I do ask that you remain a balanced presence here and post on other topics unrelated to Dr. Feller as well.

I will be looking into this further.

Bill

Regarding HairJo,

He has NOT posted under multiple aliases however, they are all from a single area and none of them match another user's IP addresses.

I've also checked his posting history and while he is involved on many Dr. Feller related topics, he's also involved in many unrelated topics.

Thus, there's nothing proving or linking this user with Dr. Feller or the clinic in any way.

That said, I will keep my eye out.

Best,

Bill

Most doctors have an arrogance about them they get focused on what they have to do and get right down to it. They think about what they have to do and plan for their patients they most often don't have time for chit chat . When I worked in the hospital for most of my life some of them would bump right into you and not say a word almost like you weren't there but let me tell you they were some of the best surgeons and I would trust them with my life. It seems like I keep hearing about arrogance. What matters is the quality of their work don't you think? Any doctors that are overly nice and promise you the world are just trying to draw you in believe me as a patient myself now I have been conned so many times by the phony smiles and promises . They all had great personalities but sucked as doctors. Don't judge a doctor on his personality you have to judge a doctor on his results

good. but can you delete my comments blaming stig when it clearly wasn't him. thank you.

Don't worry about it mate, we are good! If you really want it gone, then go back to the post, click on the edit button, and it will give you an option to delete it.