Hair Transplant with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. 1500 grafts by FUE to restore hairline

Vega

Very disappointed in Bhatti's FUE results lately. Maybe Dr. Feller had a good point about him with that whole FUT vs. FUE debate.

OP, I am sorry for your poor result. I think you have received good advice here. I know Bhatti also does "Donor Reconstruction" or whatever you call it, but it is definitely something you need to bring up with him. Your donor region does not look bad, but yes, the patches are noticeable to the trained eye.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally feel that in dr Bhatti quest to perform his "hidden" fue technique he has over harvested your donor region in a strip like fashion which has now obviously depleted your donor in a bad way

I'm not exactly an expert but what did the donor look like before the surgery? What are we comparing this to? When I look at the photos it looks like the hair higher up that is longer isn't very thick so does this mean he had low density already?

The idea of fue is that you can shave your donor area to at worst a grade 2 or 3 , some guys can actually get away with a grade 1 and not see any scarring ! I'm guessing that your hair is approx grade 4/5 and you still see the thinning .

You see thinning but not scarring, so it's still passable, right? I thought that was the point, that it would be difficult to see the scarring overall. I have tons more loss than vega did but I'd take this over a strip scar any day. I hope Vega finds his solution.

I'm pretty sure the idea is to spread the extractions over the entire donor so the donor area is thinned out in a uniform fashion therefore undetected my the naked eye . What I see here is 2 strips of thinning with a thicker band of hair in between where there were no extractions as this part was left to comb over the lower extraction strip :(

In any case the op density being low or high caliber being thick or thin this dr has a duty to perform analysis on the donor area before performing extractions on any patient . For me this is just very poor work on both donor and recipient :( I'll post a picture below of the donor extractions to explain what I mean but please if I'm incorrect one of the more experienced guys or mods chime in and explain :)

Not one to post on forum but could not help in this case.

My professional take on this - Vega is trying deperate to cover up his own mistake, namely sleeping on his freshly implanted grafts, a 100% fool proof recipe for hair transplant failure. Really embarrassing that so many experienced posters and self forum expert FAIL to pick up on this simple yet perfect tenable reason for substandard result. This is unfortunately this site in a nutshell and explain why real experts stay away or post infrequently.

Now he has new forum expert wibbles on board who is desperately trying to climb so far up Dr LupanZ... Ass so he can be his rep or have a discount on own transplant. just read post history for mr wibbles.

Vega, you have weak donor which is why doctor recommended only 1200 grafts but you insist on 1500. You say you was lurker on forum for 5 year but then you make hugely unforgiveable absolutley stupid mistake of sleeping on your freshly implanted grafts, what was you thinking man. Comparisoin of Vega pics from post op to morning after tell me there was blood on his sheets which he will not admit too. Vega says doctor spotted mistake straight away so it must be obvious that many grafts being dislodged. For doctor to now offer Vega free repeat procedure is big act of kindness you will not see anywhere in world, make you proud to be indian. But I see he got no praise for this from regular nasty trolls who continue to support patient who is covering up own tragic mistakes.

One of few respected posters (HTsoon) on this forum posted

"As long as the patient follows the post op instructions the failure should never fall on the patient period. Without getting in to an FUT vs FUE debate I think the results are in, you can clearly see that failures come from both sides. NO SURGERY is guaranteed doesn't matter if you get FUT or FUE we should make that very clear."

Conclusion - The patient did not follow post op instruction so failure is because of him. Any rep or doctor in the world will say same thing, if not then please post. Statistically very high probability that fresh grafts being dislodge by patient sleeping on them, no doubts, bloody obvious!

One expert (hsrp10) on forum post failure reasons as

"Patient side:

- physiology including health problems, scalp issues, being a poor/slow grower, scarring from previous surgery or past injury

- not following the key important postoperative instructions

- injury or damage to the grafts accidentally

- choosing the wrong surgeon without doing proper due diligence and research "

Point 2 and 3 FAIL by Vega yet hsrp10 FAIL to mention this anywhere on thread, again bias and prejudice to indian doctor is astronomical !!

Vega, Man up Dude cut the bullshit and tell your story straight, if after reading your posts, your doctor and reps still decide to help you then I be very surprised because you condut yourself with no class no integritry and it is shameful of my fellow indian man to do this!

Other experts on forum, you are being judged by your posts so please exercise fairness. Not all readers of forum are stupid!!!!

Very suspicious first post just to register to say all that.

OP stated on page one he slept on the left side and later mentioned results lagging on right side, so you can be darn sure hsrp and others have already read that part.

Also experienced and veteran HRN members are well experienced with this doctor's results and this is another classic example.

We're here to help out real people unlike you who are most clearly a clinic rep or former Bhatti patient.

Hsrp and I'm sure a great many others work with Indian professionals in their lines of work, so you can take that bias part and shove it up your ass.

This has nothing to do with India, Turkey or any other country nor FUT vs FUE etc.

We're simply pointing out the obvious facts in this case and trying to help the OP reach a positive solution.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

My professional take on this - Vega is trying deperate to cover up his own mistake, namely sleeping on his freshly implanted grafts, a 100% fool proof recipe for hair transplant failure. Really embarrassing that so many experienced posters and self forum expert FAIL to pick up on this simple yet perfect tenable reason for substandard result. This is unfortunately this site in a nutshell and explain why real experts stay away or post infrequently.

Now he has new forum expert wibbles on board who is desperately trying to climb so far up Dr LupanZ... Ass so he can be his rep or have a discount on own transplant. just read post history for mr wibbles.

Vega, you have weak donor which is why doctor recommended only 1200 grafts but you insist on 1500. You say you was lurker on forum for 5 year but then you make hugely unforgiveable absolutley stupid mistake of sleeping on your freshly implanted grafts, what twas you thinking man. Comparisoin of Vega pics from post op to morning after tell me there was blood on his sheets which he will not admit too. Vega says doctor spotted mistake straight away so it must be obvious that many grafts being dislodged. For doctor to now offer Vega free repeat procedure is big act of kindness you will not see anywhere in world, make you proud to be indian. But I see he got no praise for this from regular nasty trolls who continue to support patient who is covering up own tragic mistakes.

"As long as the patient follows the post op instructions the failure should never fall on the patient period. Without getting in to an FUT vs FUE debate I think the results are in, you can clearly see that failures come from both sides. NO SURGERY is guaranteed doesn't matter if you get FUT or FUE we should make that very clear."

Conclusion - The patient did not follow post op instruction so failure is because of him. Any rep or doctor in the world will say same thing, if not then please post. Statistically very high probability that fresh grafts being dislodge by patient sleeping on them, no doubts, bloody obvious!

"Patient side:

- physiology including health problems, scalp issues, being a poor/slow grower, scarring from previous surgery or past injury

Point 2 and 3 FAIL by Vega yet hsrp10 FAIL to mention this anywhere on thread, again bias and prejudice to indian doctor is astronomical !!

Vega, Man up Dude cut the bullshit and tell your story straight, if after reading your posts, your doctor and reps still decide to help you then I be very surprised because you condut yourself with no class no integritry and it is shameful of my fellow indian man to do this!

Other experts on forum, you are being judged by your posts so please exercise fairness. Not all readers of forum are stupid!!!!

Hi , I'd love to know your "professional" take on if sleeping on the donor area caused the badly thinned out areas on the back of this poor guys head ? Or would they not have been so noticeable if he had gone with the doctors suggested 1200 grafts instead of the 1500 he had ? Would 300 grafts really make that much difference?

I'm not overly concerned about the recipient area as I'm sure that could be addressed by another surgery . But the donor just looks terrible and surely the doctor must take responsibility for that ?

I'm also not rising to the personal insults toward myself as this isn't about me or you it is about trying to help the op .

• Administrators

Vega, you have weak donor which is why doctor recommended only 1200 grafts but you insist on 1500. You say you was lurker on forum for 5 year but then you make hugely unforgiveable absolutley stupid mistake of sleeping on your freshly implanted grafts, what was you thinking man. Comparisoin of Vega pics from post op to morning after tell me there was blood on his sheets which he will not admit too. Vega says doctor spotted mistake straight away so it must be obvious that many grafts being dislodged. For doctor to now offer Vega free repeat procedure is big act of kindness you will not see anywhere in world, make you proud to be indian. But I see he got no praise for this from regular nasty trolls who continue to support patient who is covering up own tragic mistakes.

"Patient side:

Your quote is out of context, I said that on another thread, I don't know Vega's situation, but as far as I'm aware the doctor has admitted the results are not what was expected, this forum is about maintaining a safe environment for patients and doctors alike, if Vega dislodged any grafts he would've bled as far as I'm aware that didn't happen. Let's keep this environment free of attacking others. In addition, please specify what is your profession since this is your professional opinion. How do you know so much about Vega's case do your work for the clinic?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Well Byomkesh i would have replied to you much earlier but half my work has already been done by other "genuine" members of the forum for which i am glad.

I feel that i have been quite restrained about my situation ,i have not been making accusations or making assumptions but rather only asking for informed unbiased opinions from other members after all that is what this whole forum is for.

However i do not appreciate your attempt to turn the case around and put the blame on me !

Also you accuse me of lying and that there was blood on the sheets and that i am hiding it!!!

I have documented everything as it was on the day it happened!

And if it was the case that the grafts were dislodged so then maybe the doctor would have pointed it out when he saw the grafts the next day.

HOWEVER this issue is NOT RELATED to the side i slept on!

your professional take you say?are you a doctor? if not who are you to judge professionally? your sudden and new aggressively defensive post has already raised suspicions.

We are not stupid like you say ,the question is who are you trying to fool?!

Please dont make another fake profile to post ,there are ways to trace your IP address easily you should know!

YOU sir are the one with no class or integrity as it seems by what you post and how!

also HOW do you know that i am "indian" as i have not mentioned it anywhere???

Edited by Vega

The poster Byomkesh is an ass but he's brought up some questions that I'd like to know more about. When the doctor saw your grafts, why was he able to "immediately" knew that you had slept on your grafts or that something was wrong? What was so obvious to him?

Since you have been a lurker for five years before your surgery I'd like to know what the doctor said about your donor area and who came up with the plan to do the no shave procedure. Was it your idea or his and what was the discussion regarding your donor area?

Wibbles, thanks for the photo but I don't know what you're comparing. It is clear that the H and W donor is shaved. Vega's donor is not shaved. Was there something else to this? I did a quick search online and the no shave FUE is pretty popular. ASMED offers it, Dr. Mwamba offers it as do many others.

Haha ..Fair enough bald36 but then again residing in India does not automatically mean one is Indian although I see your point but that is not the issue I was really probing , what makes me curious is how byomkesh seems to know so much about my case.

Edited by Vega

Bald36 i did not request the no shave procedure but sinc you brought it up I did wonder at the time why it was performed as I was not charged extra for it since usually they charge inr 20000 extra, I just assumed that since the grafts were less it was convenient and I was happy for it at the time.

I guess the doc could spot the recipient area as you can see in the previous pics it looks slightly bloody

Dont remember him mentioning anything worrisome about the donor area during consultation seemed like routine

Edited by Vega

• Administrators

Vega,

I know there have been some talk about your donor area, in the photo you posted did you get a hair cut with scissors or a clipper? I agree with Bald36 the no shave is offered by a multitude of physicians. I suggest going to a physician and getting your donor checked if it really troubles you, no poster here can say your donor is destroyed simply by looking at photos, the main issue I see is the donor is not homogenous, a second full shave FUE would pretty much homogenize the donor so that it would not appear patchy. If your recipient was bloody then there's a chance the grafts were dislodged was this the case? Lastly, do not be discouraged, this forum is here for support, if you no longer feel comfortable with the doctor you can research other doctors.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Htsoon, will be going in for consultations next week will keep you guys posted

The slightly bloody patch was on the side I slept on by mistake but that is not the side which bothers me

It is my right hairline mainly which is lagging behind in density which was receded more than the left even before the HT as you can see in previous pics

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys sorry for the delay as i was out of town and busy.

well i went for a consultation and was told that although the donor area was harvested in a different way it happens in certain cases and the surgeon himself has had a result like this and had stopped performing it for the same reason as my case.

he said the donor area didn't look too bad and was acceptable as the pics make it look too harsh.

but that there was less growth and density at my hairline.

at this point i see no other option but to take up dr bhattis offer and go for another HT as i am not very happy with my results!

ps: had a haircut and again a stylist asked me about my HT because of the donor area ..is this normal?

also do you guys think i should visit another HT surgeon for another opinion? although at this point i am tired of all this and just want to get another HT and be done with it ASAP!

Going in for second ht by dr bhatti to touch up the density and hairline

He will also homogenize the donor area by harvesting from the untouched areas and the entire scalp

Getting it done on the 4th of April hope all goes great ..fingers crossed!

Ok guys got my HT done for another 1000 grafts to to my hairline for density increase today

Dr bhatti advised to go for 800 grafts but I really wanted to go for 1000 grafts and so he obliged.

Another thing has come to light , dr bhatti had given me propecia for 6 month post ht which I only continued for 3 months previously and plus I Have been diagnosed with donor hair miniaturization which all seem have contributed to my previous poor results !

The donor hair miniaturization has gotten me worried though , would be great if you guys good give your advice

IMG_3670.thumb.jpg.3e41a21f7f50308ff9f4a43c37043d1d.jpg

IMG_3669.thumb.jpg.8e899913fec5740c68dc3e2902513cfa.jpg

IMG_3668.thumb.jpg.9d4266e58bd41b5601662ca44cca332c.jpg