Hair Transplant with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. 1500 grafts by FUE to restore hairline

Vega

Hi Guys,

Intro:

I am 32 years old and have been reading up on this forum for the past 5 years or so but have never posted . Now that i have gone through a HT procedure i would like to post my results for your opinions and will be updating from time to time.

I have always had a high forehead since childhood but noticed my hairline receding when i was around 20. I had been wanting to get a HT from the time i was 24 but waited it out since i it was still bearable to me and was not in a great hurry also i dont think that my hairloss was too much at the time and it has been receding very slowly.

I have never taken any medicines or ointments to stop hair loss.

Anyway after years of reading up on different forums online and doing my research i finally narrowed down to Dr. Tejinder Bhatti at Darling Buds clinic and booked an appointment for the 3rd of February 2016 which is today as i am writing this post from my hotel room after the surgery!

Meeting with Dr Bhatti :

On meeting Dr Bhatti the evening prior to surgery for consultation he recommended that i go for between 1200-1300 grafts but on my insistence he agreed for 1500 since i think my hairloss rate is acceptable for my age at 32 and wanted the lowest hairline for my HT.

I will be going in for my Post procedure wash tomorrow morning and then heading back to delhi in the afternoon .

I will keep posting updates on my result so please feel free to give your opinions and any questions u might have!

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.268a3aeb4f627ed0995290f589740c0a.jpg

FullSizeRender_1.thumb.jpg.291320170c48d0a300212c8f30a41d4a.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.thumb.jpg.a97389368fc6f79b1aa4e41cea2faa43.jpg

FullSizeRender_3.thumb.jpg.ac92305a763557f4e17aa5a5a60e928a.jpg

FullSizeRender_4.jpg.082ee1caf0ca926c9435170041a4b3da.jpg

FullSizeRender_5.jpg.0396d4258e2fd0a94177873d1223fe16.jpg

FullSizeRender_6.jpg.2d03e7b4ba9e28042bf170cc31737439.jpg

FullSizeRender_7.thumb.jpg.13c3dabd87381c22352bd7d872ea95e8.jpg

IMG_2268.thumb.JPG.cdea822ebf38eeb935abfc16f3622cb0.JPG

Edited by Vega

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So went to the clinic today for the post surgery wash and got my bandages changed from the donor site and hair washed.

Dr Bhatti came and he immediately noticed that i had fallen asleep on my left side and he said that the grafts on the left side had been pressed in !!

Please advise as i fell asleep on day 1 night after the HT and am worried now if the grafts which were pressed on will be ok in future.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.9f5f4162da426417addc5c36650cf5c6.jpg

FullSizeRender_1.thumb.jpg.6da4cd0d2784900c00bb5ad930bf29e2.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.thumb.jpg.ce1cd21fb95e4273fc4dbb3a14cc67d4.jpg

FullSizeRender_3.thumb.jpg.3afb8eda2acf9a1a7b5bc927f6e9d068.jpg

FullSizeRender_4.thumb.jpg.fe3233a65ef92f94c69dc999b71c7a99.jpg

FullSizeRender_5.thumb.jpg.cc6ee811b90274e0553eec62b870bccb.jpg

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant and thanks for taking the time to share the details of your experience.

Regarding sleeping on your grafts, what was Dr. Bhatti's opinion? How does he feel the grafts will be affected?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi David .. Dr Bhatti said that they should be ok but that they were pressed in although he didn't seem too happy about it naturally I guess!

I just wish I knew about a travel pillow before since I think they will be an ideal solution especially for frontal transplants !

I can't seem to find any answers online related to my situation please advise since i am still anxious !!

Agree on the travel pillow bit. That is something the clinics should inform the patients upfront to avoid such situations.

The good part is that they got pressed inside and not sideways/brushed out. Did it bleed a lot from the same place ?

If it did not bleed then fingers crossed you should be ok.

Make sure you take good care from here on...there are a lot of things you'll need to be careful about at least for the first 2-3 months.

All the best!

Hi indi..No I don't think they bled a lot as u can see from the pics .. Also the pillows and sheets had no blood stains from sleeping .. Hopefully it's all good ..fingers crossed!

no blood, you'll be fine. i kind of thought the travel pillow was common knowledge I guess not. get one cause the first 7 nights should also be careful

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Hi indi..No I don't think they bled a lot as u can see from the pics .. Also the pillows and sheets had no blood stains from sleeping .. Hopefully it's all good ..fingers crossed!

Great! I agree...still get a travel pillow and yes its not common knowledge.

If there was no blood and no grafts on the pillow and bed sheet then be rest assured and draw a lot of courage to go through the ugly duckling phase. But like all things it will pass too :)

Hi Vega,

Congratulations on getting your HT done. Thank you for sharing your HT pre-op and post-op details. "Sharing" is what this Forum is all about.

Please keep the updates coming.

Wishing you all the best.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Looks quite messy though. I wonder why don't some guys opt to shave their head before op. Uneven hair is definitely tough to maintain.

Actually thinking of shaving the entire donor area off now since it is very messy, what do u guys think when can I go ahead and do it?

no sure why Dr Bhatti shaved the area like that, was it some kind of request to do so... never seen him harvest like that before

no sure why Dr Bhatti shaved the area like that, was it some kind of request to do so... never seen him harvest like that before

Not sure what you mean .. my hair is all clotted up at the donor area since it was a little long and not shaved!

• Administrators

I'm assuming you opted for the no shave FUE, it does look messy, but I think it's cause your hair was either greasy or wet, I'm sure I'm two weeks it will look untouched.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@ vega..... the no shave FUE photos ive seen plus I also went no shave last time, Dr Bhatti shaves like a bowl haircut, yours just looks different thats all. i think the no shave FUE is kind of pointless, by the time the 2 week period is up, your hair looks so uneven, and the few people off this forum who've also had it end up shaving at 2-3 week period anyway, so if anyone is thinking of the no shave FUE, don't bother, just get it all off the day of the HT, I know ended up suffering from scalp dandruff and God knows what else due to not having a proper shower and wash for 14days. i suspect it added to my shockloss in the non transplanted areas.

the no shave FUE is only recommended to follow in the FUT footsteps, which makes no sense to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i was wondering what happens to the rest of your hair that im assuming will continue balding?.. after getting a great new hairline does the rest of the hair keep falling out leaving you with a bald middle and a great fringe? or is there some preventative taken whilst the surgery is done like filling in those areas too? Thanks

Hi i was wondering what happens to the rest of your hair that im assuming will continue balding?.. after getting a great new hairline does the rest of the hair keep falling out leaving you with a bald middle and a great fringe? or is there some preventative taken whilst the surgery is done like filling in those areas too? Thanks

Well preventive medications are prescribed prior to Hair Transplant.

You need to be on Finasteride and Minoxidil for few years to stabilize your hairloss.