Hair Transplant with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. 1500 grafts by FUE to restore hairline

Vega

Hi Spidey ..i paid approx INR 153000 for 1500 grafts + approx 5000 for aftercare HT kit.

airfare, travel and accommodation came around INR 25000 since i stay in India

Edited by Vega

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Spidey ..i paid approx INR 153000 for 1500 grafts + approx 5000 for aftercare HT kit.

airfare, travel and accommodation came around INR 25000 since i stay in India

So just over 2700usd? Man that's cheap. Hate to say but you get what you pay for.

Is it even possible to dense pack with the choi implanter? I know I've seen a YouTube clip, might have even been from dt bhatti, with the choi implanter and dense packing but just cosmetically, using the lateral slit is so much cleaner. No excess flesh popping out.

Just looking at the post of pics again. Although not super dense packed, the result looks as if a decent amount of grafts didn't grow. If 95-100% of your grafts grew it would look much more dense than your year result. Imo.

So just got a reply from dr bhaṭṭi :

'Thank you for the update.

The result is satisfactory and will improve further till 9-12 months'

I don't really feel satisfied actually.. and why would he say that it will improve in next 12 months ..do you guys think it can really improve much now??

I don't really feel satisfied actually.. and why would he say that it will improve in next 12 months ..do you guys think it can really improve much now??

It's possible you may get some minor improvement in the coming months, but I wouldn't count on it... At 12 months, this is going to be more or less the final result...You will certainly require a second procedure to get the kind of the density you are after.. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm sure others will share a very similar opinion as I.

Did they even read your email? Do they know you're already 1 year post op?

Hey Vega,

Thanks for putting your progress on HTN. I am from Bangalore and thought of going to Dr.Bhatti. Would like to seek your recommendation on Dr.Bhatti. Could you please PM me your contact number.

Thanks,

Raks

Hey guys wanted to update with recent developments.

I have received another mail from dr bhatti ,well apparently there had been a mix up with the mail and he mistook it with someone elses who has a similar name .

He has kindly offered me a complementary procedure for 1000-1200 grafts to sort out the issue ASAP as he agrees that the results are now final and are not up to the mark.

So i guess i will soon be going in again for a second time to get a HT and i hope all turns out well finally!

Will keep you guys posted and share updates on the new procedure.

Edited by Vega

It's very good of him to accept the results as sub par. You should ask yourself if you're willing to put another 1000 holes in the back of ur head though and further deplete any donor hair for future procedures in the event your hair further recedes.

Wow, Margaret! Why are you so sensitive and why do you think I'm talking about you? Are you the only other person in this thread beside me and Vega? Did I mention you? Did I quote you? Where is the "I never said it looked terrible" comment coming from? I didn't say you said this. I'm trying to support Vega, and I'm in a similar situation with my own recession. Keep the thread about Vega, not you.

Rickyrixon, I guess "haters" was a bit strong. It just seems like the negativity is being piled on a bit much. To me it looks like Vega had a recessed hairline and now he has a lower hairline that is thin, which isn't the end of the world. Disappointing? Sure, I get that but it should be a simple fix.

Haha, who's Margaret now eh? This isn't about me and I was quite clearly in support of Vega. You basically took the view that it was ok because:

Anyone that has had a hair transplant doesn't get original density back. Get a second procedure, give it time, and you'll be good.

Which is categorically untrue.I was objecting to your view that the OP should accept this result as anything other than poor. No one wants a lower hairline that is see-through.

Hey guys wanted to update with recent developments.

I have received another mail from dr bhatti ,well apparently there had been a mix up with the mail and he mistook it with someone elses who has a similar name .

He has kindly offered me a complementary procedure for 1000-1200 grafts to sort out the issue ASAP as he agrees that the results are now final and are not up to the mark.

So i guess i will soon be going in again for a second time to get a HT and i hope all turns out well finally!

Will keep you guys posted and share updates on the new procedure.

Slightly flimsy excuse, a 'similar name' is a bit far fetched. I think this thread may have been a factor in that swift backtrack. Either way, I am very happy that you reached out and he's offered to help you for free. This shouldn't be something that should really have happened in the first place, but at least you've got a solution now.

All the best for the future, please do keep us updated.

Hey spidey def appreciate your advice but what would your suggest i do regarding your last comment as I don't think I have much of a choice!?

Edited by Vega

Guys,

I have been following this thread closely. I believe that Vega's HT results are not "disappointing". Could they be better.....yes. But then every HT result from any HT Surgeon does not end up being a stellar result. That is just a fact. For me, what is important is that Vega's HT Surgeon (Dr. Bhatti) is backing up his work. He has already offered a complimentary follow up procedure. Is that not doing the right thing and taking care of the Patient?

Compare this to my procedure in San Francisco, CA where after a totally failed HT result, when I went back to the Surgeon to ask what the hell happened, they had me talk to their "Sales Executive", who tried to "sell" me more grafts.

Again, requesting all to not jump to conclusions and judgments. Let Vega's HT Surgeon take care of him. I am sure that with the additional 1000-1200 grafts, Vega will be extremely happy and satisfied with his HT results.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hey spidey def appreciate your advice but what would your suggest i do regarding your last comment as I don't think I have much of a choice!?

Well, it depends how unhappy you are... Maybe wait and see if it grows on you? See if a dense hairline is truly what you want? It also gives you time to monitor whether your hairloss progresses as well during that time. I don't remember if you mentioned whether you are on any meds and how long your hairloss has been progressing.. If your hairloss is more of less stable and / or very slow, and you are in your mid to late 30s, then go for it? Obviously I am not in your shoes, but just something to think about. I know in your head, you probably wouldn't have opted for a HT if you knew you were going to get the result you have now, and pictured a thick hairline like you had in your prime days. Totally get it.

Personally, even with my great results with my FUE, unfortunately, I still obsess over my hair. To be completely honest, if I could go back in time, I would probably not have undergone my HT if I knew I would continue to obsess so much about it, but hindsight is always 20/20. I monitor my hair all the time to see whether my hairloss is further progressing, which is stressful.

I have researched online and it seems like the recipient sites never fully heal 100% to match the native skin surrounding it, which I never knew prior to my HT, and makes me stress out as well. My out with FUE was always to buzz my head down to a #1 and shave the transplanted hair if my hairloss progressed and I didn't want further procedures, but it seems like the inevitable, albeit minor, scarring/discoloration left from the recipient incisions, may cause issues for me if I went that route. There are possible treatments for the recipient scarring, but it may or may not work. 18 months post op and my recipient area is still faintly pink, but more obvious after a shower. The texture of the skin is definitely different as well.

Just something for you to think about before putting my dots in the back of your head, and also causing more trauma to the recipient areas of your scalp.

thanks for your reply spidey.

Well my hair has been receding very gradually since a long time which i first noticed when i was around 20. I have waited very patiently for more than a decade and finally gone in for a HT now that i am age 34 since i feel the time is right and also my rate of hairloss is acceptable.

Also i would like to point out that i have never in all these year taken any preventive medications etc for my hairloss and my hairloss has been at an acceptable gradual rate for me despite their use.

I definitely wanted and still do desire a dense hairline which is as low as possible for my case which unfortunately has not turned out as i expected :( but hopefully will be turned around by dr bhatti in the next session.

Agree with you spidey don't want to lower it more but meant that since it has already been lowered till acceptable limits the hairline should be as natural and dense as posssible till wherever the new hairline had been made previously since there is no turning back now at this stage.

Thanks guys for all your valuable inputs .. I would also like your opinion on the donor site area.. reason being that whenever and wherever I go for a haircut barbers always ask me about the donor area as there are patches of sparseness which they can make out while cutting and comment on it anḍ many can also make out it was a HT.

This is even more evident if I cut my hair short as you can see in the pics.

I was under the impression that fue would be more concealing towards this compared to fuṭ since the donor grafts would be taken randomly all over.

Please advice and correct me if I'm wrong since with the next HT session the donor area would look even more sparse.

IMG_3524.thumb.jpg.4045aa1a3592f0bb2c46b0d85d8cab61.jpg

IMG_3525.thumb.jpg.fe8862eb45b8267d0bb8dc99a189a12f.jpg

Guys,

I have been following this thread closely. I believe that Vega's HT results are not "disappointing". Could they be better.....yes. But then every HT result from any HT Surgeon does not end up being a stellar result. That is just a fact. For me, what is important is that Vega's HT Surgeon (Dr. Bhatti) is backing up his work. He has already offered a complimentary follow up procedure. Is that not doing the right thing and taking care of the Patient?

Compare this to my procedure in San Francisco, CA where after a totally failed HT result, when I went back to the Surgeon to ask what the hell happened, they had me talk to their "Sales Executive", who tried to "sell" me more grafts.

Again, requesting all to not jump to conclusions and judgments. Let Vega's HT Surgeon take care of him. I am sure that with the additional 1000-1200 grafts, Vega will be extremely

happy and satisfied with his HT results.

Best regards,

California

Hi California,

And what are your thoughts on what looks to be a totally destroyed donor region ? How on earth is this poor guy ever going to be extremely happy and satisfied with his results when he now appears to have some form of alopecia on the back of his head from what can only be poor extraction methods ? :(

I personally feel that in dr Bhatti quest to perform his "hidden" fue technique he has over harvested your donor region in a strip like fashion which has now obviously depleted your donor in a bad way :( where as a lot of the top fue surgeons spread there extraction pattern throughout the donor area (see asmeds video on homogenisation of the donor) dr Bhatti has concentrated your extractions into 2 strip like patterns thus you now have large areas thinned out :(

The idea of fue is that you can shave your donor area to at worst a grade 2 or 3 , some guys can actually get away with a grade 1 and not see any scarring ! I'm guessing that your hair is approx grade 4/5 and you still see the thinning .

I know it's too late now but a strip method would have been a better outcome for you and that's coming from myself who would only ever consider fue . My only advice is not to go back to any doctor who can produce this kind of work full refund should be issued and compensation to help towards trying to get repaired , although I'm unsure if the donor can ever be fully repaired ?

Have you sent pictures to any other surgeons for opinions ?

Yea that would be where I would start , definitely do not proceed with more surgery until you have been fully made aware of what went wrong after all a "free" touch up is not exactly free when it comes to depleting your donor in such a manner ! If you dare have your hair clippered at say grade 2 I'm sure this would highlight the extremely poor extraction pattern even more and allow for other surgeons to give you a better idea of what might be able to be done to repair your donor , again in unsure if it is something that can even be achieved ?

I'm not sure where you are based but I'd send some pictures to dr Lorenzo (Madrid) and dr lupanzula (Brussels) both I believe are excellent repair surgeons and may be able to shed some light on what has happened just from a virtual consultation a live consultation would of course be much better but definitely do not be lured back in by the "free" touch up !!

Please keep us all informed of how things progress