Hair Transplant with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. 1500 grafts by FUE to restore hairline

Vega

hey guys its been a month since the HT so have posted an update .

Have had some shedding of the transplanted grafts recently but they all seem to be growing well before the shedding began which is expected to occur.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.365e1a63eccfc1c88da0f96c0eb2403b.jpg

FullSizeRender_1.thumb.jpg.a2278167f5338f11b69a58f3c588f25f.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.thumb.jpg.df63e6890ec3b1be9cab2a4a103a1179.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, it seems like your situation is similar to mine. How is your progress coming along?

I'm considering a non-shave procedure and Dr Bhatti has estimated about 1800 for my hair line.

The shaving of your donor area is quite unlike what I've seen on his videos and websites.

Edited by plotholes

• 2 weeks later...

redness has gone down a lot from the recipient site.

seems like a decent bit of the transplanted hair have continued to grow longer and have not fallen off!

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.18cf1c6ea798b5d66a8bb93eb9bb8c0e.jpg

FullSizeRender_1.thumb.jpg.a94761d651a42a4ee8f114cb5a6f5860.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.thumb.jpg.9f668ba30ad4a31f4ef05ffa2ebe5fcd.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry for the long time between updates.

Well its been a year now since i got the HT done and so i have attached the latest pics of my hairline.

I feel that the density of my hairline is still low compared to the amount transplanted as you can notice from the pics .

please advice if theres are chance of bettter density over time as i am not really fully satisfied at the moment!

IMG_3490.JPG.f512963e004a7a6e344ca2e1186d6cd9.JPG

IMG_3491.JPG.6644abe77e15bfbbb249f68a905d1c45.JPG

IMG_3492.JPG.169dc078622dc983737aa8512479af1d.JPG

IMG_3493.thumb.jpg.a99b7dc14c5d416f8388815af9d34482.jpg

IMG_3495.thumb.jpg.9c701d5b27d3a3136f3af8a85e0640fb.jpg

IMG_3496.thumb.jpg.51af68010ed19e395eb4f84df2ffc120.jpg

i feel the density is acceptable on left temple hairline but the center hairline and especially my right temple hairline the density is lacking!

I agree that this is not a great result, and at 12 months you are unlikely to see any significant improvement. Have you contacted Dr Bhatti as yet to express your concerns?

i feel the density is acceptable on left temple hairline but the center hairline and especially my right temple hairline the density is lacking!

I agree that this is not a good result. While it does not look terrible or overtly artificial or anything like that, the transplanted hair nowhere near matches the density of the native hair. I could have told you from the pictures taken just after the transplant that this was never going to be a dense result. Contact the clinic and see what they say. You will not see a big change after the 12 month mark.

I believe that this particular doctor tries to do too much with not enough grafts, resulting in fair coverage but bad density. I have seen this with his cases time and time again. I also have issues around the artistry of his work but that is somewhat of a nitpick. As a result, I am not a fan and do not believe his work to be on par with the elite North American doctors or their European counterparts.

I agree that this is not a good result. While it does not look terrible or overtly artificial or anything like that, the transplanted hair nowhere near matches the density of the native hair. I could have told you from the pictures taken just after the transplant that this was never going to be a dense result. Contact the clinic and see what they say. You will not see a big change after the 12 month mark.

I believe that this particular doctor tries to do too much with not enough grafts, resulting in fair coverage but bad density. I have seen this with his cases time and time again. I also have issues around the artistry of his work but that is somewhat of a nitpick. As a result, I am not a fan and do not believe his work to be on par with the elite North American doctors or their European counterparts.

I almost completely agree with this statement.

The graft placement is too far spaced apart and anyone who knows hair transplant results and what dense post-op photos and the ultimate result look like will be able to see this right away.

In some cases this doctor makes things look Ok and I guess those are patients with thick caliber and or wavy hair.

The OP unfortunately has dark but fine to average caliber hair so the final result gives a see-through look.

The good news is there is likely plenty of donor left so hope the OP can get things worked out in a second procedure.

Best of luck.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks guys for your inputs , I have yet to contact the clinic as I wanted to seek the forums unbiased opinions first .

Actually the doctor was advising on 1200 grafts initially but on my insistence agreed on 1500 grafts had I known even this would be inadequate I would have gone for a higher amount !

At this stage i am not too happy with the results as you can see in the attached pics I have random strands of transplanted hairs especially around the centre hairline which are just curling up and falling down my forehead which I PAID for but now would rather have it shaved off as it would look much better cosmetically!

I went in for the HT hoping to take care of the hairline completely in one sitting..Now I will have to go for another round of transplants Again to fix the hairline ! why could the doctor not have just gone for a higher density in te first place?!!!!

I understand multiple ht are necessary for further loss but if the initial hairline ht is only unsuccessful..This is turning out to be a long and unpleasant journey !

IMG_3502.thumb.jpg.ce69980e2f4bca29ea1197dfc9994880.jpg

IMG_3503.thumb.jpg.83cb6bdab578f7e69593d31701856761.jpg

I almost prefer my pre HT hairline ! Reason being although it was receded a little I atleast I had a well defined dense hairline that time which could be styled ! But now my centre and right hairline is just plain sparse and I need to cover it with the other transplanted hairs to give definition!!!

Edited by Vega

I think this looks fine. Could it be denser? Sure. Is it a disaster? Hell no. It looks pretty natural overall. Don't let the haters get you down. All you need is a second pass for more density and you'll be good. I don't think having your hair not styled to share photos makes sense. Anyone that has had a hair transplant doesn't get original density back. Get a second procedure, give it time, and you'll be good.

I don’t think anyone was ‘hating’ on this result, but rather just giving their honest opinions… If he is requiring a second procedure for what was essentially a relatively small and straightforward case, then I can’t see how it can be seen as anything other than disappointing…

Guys please advice i have just consulted doctor ****** ****** from Delhi of dr A's clinic who says that corrective surgery would require minimum 1500-2000 grafts depending on density and hairline lowering I wish by fuṭ

Thanks guys for your inputs , I have yet to contact the clinic as I wanted to seek the forums unbiased opinions first .

Actually the doctor was advising on 1200 grafts initially but on my insistence agreed on 1500 grafts had I known even this would be inadequate I would have gone for a higher amount !

At this stage i am not too happy with the results as you can see in the attached pics I have random strands of transplanted hairs especially around the centre hairline which are just curling up and falling down my forehead which I PAID for but now would rather have it shaved off as it would look much better cosmetically!

I went in for the HT hoping to take care of the hairline completely in one sitting..Now I will have to go for another round of transplants Again to fix the hairline ! why could the doctor not have just gone for a higher density in te first place?!!!!

I understand multiple ht are necessary for further loss but if the initial hairline ht is only unsuccessful..This is turning out to be a long and unpleasant journey !

Interesting that the doctor advised you to have even fewer grafts than you ended up with. I have seen several results with poor density from this Dr. The good thing here is that the work itself is not bad, just not dense enough.As a result, If you can get it touched up for free by Bhatti, I would take it. Please communicate with the clinic and see what they suggest.

I think this looks fine. Could it be denser? Sure. Is it a disaster? Hell no. It looks pretty natural overall. Don't let the haters get you down. All you need is a second pass for more density and you'll be good. I don't think having your hair not styled to share photos makes sense. Anyone that has had a hair transplant doesn't get original density back. Get a second procedure, give it time, and you'll be good.

Are you being serious..? I never said it looked horrible. My exact words were 'While it does not look terrible or overtly artificial or anything like that, the transplanted hair nowhere near matches the density of the native hair.' The expectation that the doctor can get his new hair to match his native density is not unreasonable. He wanted to only have to go through this once and is now facing the reality of a second procedure in order to achieve a result that he should have gotten first time. Thus, this is a poor result.

It might also be worth noting that I have had a HT and it matches my native density. So.. yeah, there's that..

I don’t think anyone was ‘hating’ on this result, but rather just giving their honest opinions… If he is requiring a second procedure for what was essentially a relatively small and straightforward case, then I can’t see how it can be seen as anything other than disappointing…

Exactly. Well said.