Dr Couto FUExpert in Spain

Has anyone heard of Dr Couto of the FUExpert clinic in Spain. He is very popular on the Spanish forums and is producing some solid results?

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Yes, he is kind of well known in Europe and is reaching a good amount of reviews from patients specially in spanish forums like recuperarpelo.

Minoxidil 5% twice a day

Propecia 0.5mg every other day

Ketoconazole Shampoo twice a week

Biotin, MSM, Multivitamins supplements.

1st Surgery October 2013: 1973 Grafts. ARTAS Robot. HORRIBLE DENSITY, DAMAGED DONOR AREA.

2nd Surgery Sept 2014: 1926 Grafts. Manual FUE. Little better results but still poor density (specially in the crown) compared with other top doctors.

3rd Surgery Nov 2015: 2880 Grafts. Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid, Spain. Amazing results!

• 9 months later...

Hi all just bumping this thread , I'd be really interested if anyone knows anymore info on dr Juan couto also . He's just started putting some recent results on his YouTube channel and they look outstanding ! I've emailed the clinic but no reply yet , if anyone knows any details i.e.:current price ? Motorised or manual extraction ? But Most importantly does he offer a surgeon led surgery or does he have technicians performing the extractions etc ... if I can make contact with the clinic I'll update any info I find out :)

• 3 weeks later...

Dr couto is posting some insanely good results on YouTube at the mo!! They look almost too good to be true .. I've contacted the clinic and they have a 3.5 year waiting list !! His prices are as follows

Our prices are per follicular units,

First 1500 at 4,50€

From 1501 to 3000 at 4,00€

From 3001 and more at 2,50€

Yes, Dr. Couto does the whole surgery, extractions and implantation.

He only attend at his clinic in Madrid.

3,5 year waiting list, Wow, makes dr Koniors waiting list look short . I guess it's time to get on the waiting list now for my next surgery just in case I decide to go with him lol Prices are very fair if his results are that good.

Dr couto is posting some insanely good results on YouTube at the mo!! They look almost too good to be true .. I've contacted the clinic and they have a 3.5 year waiting list !! His prices are as follows

Our prices are per follicular units,

First 1500 at 4,50€

From 1501 to 3000 at 4,00€

From 3001 and more at 2,50€

Yes, Dr. Couto does the whole surgery, extractions and implantation.

He only attend at his clinic in Madrid.

Wtf? No way. You sure it's not 3.5 months?? I mean, some dudes on here could book with him as a nw2 and walk in for their HT as a nw4/5!! :-)

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Seriously 3.5 years !! I actually wondered if it was abit of scam or something and they were going to contact me to say I was in luck and a space had become available etc ... but they can't even offer a virtual consultation at this point !! However I have asked to be placed on a cacellations list as you still have 4 months to decide and it reduces the wait time for surgery considerably... they even keep the price locked in at 3 euros for any future work and as I stated above it's a doctor lead surgery where he performs all extractions and incisions etc .

Here's some more info from dr coutos

The price will be € 3 for all grafts in additional procedures after the first intervention of 3000 or more in .

The doctor has been involved in hair restoration surgery for 20 years, especially in the FUE technique since 2004.

About the training of the doctor you will find some information here T?cnica F.U.E. | Trasplante Capilar | Madrid | FUE-Xpert Clinic | Dr. Juan Couto., but really the doctor has polished and developed his own technique and working protocol.

The truth is that the doctor has done little for the publicity in the web, probably for not having needed it.

Now, encouraged by his own patients, he will begin to improve the website and begin to publish cases on some social networks, but not to look for more work, rather to know their results out of Spain.

In Hispanic forums there is a lot of information and cases published, couto,fuexpert, recuperarelpelo site:foro.recuperarelpelo.com

Each month we have some cancellation that is confirmed 3 to 4 months earlier when we ask for the deposit, to have time to schedule another patient. Currently we have waiting list for these cancellations and we do not discount the price for being so requested. If your availability allows, this possibility can considerably advance the date of intervention for you after consultation with the doctor.

What the hell ! Can anybody tell me if this is for real , I'm starting to think I've found out the reason this guy is booked up for 3.5 years !! Truly amazing work and totally blows away this strip has better yields vs fue !! Or has this doc discovered hair multiplication and not telling anybody ; )

Wtf ?!Wow, very immaculate post op work - thought it was going to be a sparse result cause there was no blood - and ultimately very dense results.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Doesn't overuse grafts either but still gets a dense final result.

Let me know if you can watch him combing the final wet hair look without getting hair greed... lol :D

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Tell me about it !! Can't really find much history about this doctor as his site is limited and very Spanish , the bits I've read on Spanish forums seem very positive !

This result is even more impressive as the patient doesn't appear to have an insanely good donor like many other clinics use .

If anyone has anymore info good or bad I'd love to hear from you ! Might have to join the cancellations list !! :)

3.5yrs waiting list for such kind of results? its absoultely worth if he is really producing such remarkable results!

Not good in spanish but any users in Spanish Forums has posted such results which do the justice to these Youtube videos?

Really need a honest feedback on Dr.Couto

UPDATE:-

Thanks to my Girl she is excellent in Spanish here are some more details about Dr. Couto

Dr. Juan Couto, an expert in hair restoration surgery, is the founder and medical director of the clinic. He is a member of the International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS). Waiting list of several months for consultation, and clinic already booked for transplants until 2020.

PRICES : From 3 to 5 euros / graft according to the number of grafts and to the technology used (FUE or STRIP). Prices include surgery, medication, and follow-up visits for one year. 10% deposit on booking a transplant operation.

CONSULTATION : free and compulsory to determine treatment and transplant.

MEDICAL TREATMENTS :

DRUGS : Minoxidil, Finasteride, combination of both

PRP : the patient's platelet-rich plasma contains powerful growth factors for the capillary repair and regeneration.

LASER : effective if subject to regular sessions in conjunction with medical treatment.

HAIR TRANSPLANT :

AUTOMATED FUE : Motorized Punch (faster, and without loss of quality compared to manual punch, resulting in significant time saving) from 0.75 to 0.9 mm in diameter. FUE technique allows for selecting follicular units containing the appropriate number of hairs for the intended transplantation (eg one or two hair UF for the front hairline).

FUE PATCHY SHAVEN : hair from the donor area is cut to 5 cm long, and can hide the narrow strips shaved at 1 mm length for FUs harvesting. More expensive technique because more time consuming.

STRIP TRICHOPHYTIC : the clinic uses the technique of the strip (with tricophytique closure) only for patients with very large bald areas (Norwood VI and VII), preferably in combination with FUE and BHT. Mega sessions.

BHT : with beard hair.

TRANSPLANT OF EYEBROWS AND EYELASHES : FUE Technique for collecting FUs from the scalp.

MESSAGE OF DOCTOR COUTO :

there is really no age for a hair transplant, it is a valuable technique for both the young people in their twenties and (at the other extreme) for almost octogenarian..

However youth under 25 are generally not good candidates for the following reasons : the rate of hair loss is not yet known ; it is too early for a transplant which will maintain a natural appearance throughout life ; some early baldness are changing very rapidly during the first 10 years, which can lead to many successive transplant sessions to maintain a natural aesthetic ; early surgery may unnecessarily take in the donor area, which will be much needed later. It is therefore recommended that youth under 25 opt for medical treatment (Minoxidil, Finasteride) awaiting a transplant at a later age

I think Couto does all the harvesting and implantation (by implanter) by himself (uses blades for the hairlines). He's good, and he's done a few soccer stars in Spain, so I bet that hasn't hurt his publicity.

That said, Vories has the same type of setup as Couto. Same goes for Chueco. There is not "one" doctor that can solve your problems...

Rafael De Freitas in Spain is also good. Teresa Meyer is a Bisanga trainee in Spain, but she hasn't produced the same wow results yet.

3.5yrs waiting list for such kind of results? its absoultely worth if he is really producing such remarkable results!

Not good in spanish but any users in Spanish Forums has posted such results which do the justice to these Youtube videos?

Really need a honest feedback on Dr.Couto

UPDATE:-

Thanks to my Girl she is excellent in Spanish here are some more details about Dr. Couto

Dr. Juan Couto, an expert in hair restoration surgery, is the founder and medical director of the clinic. He is a member of the International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS). Waiting list of several months for consultation, and clinic already booked for transplants until 2020.

PRICES : From 3 to 5 euros / graft according to the number of grafts and to the technology used (FUE or STRIP). Prices include surgery, medication, and follow-up visits for one year. 10% deposit on booking a transplant operation.

CONSULTATION : free and compulsory to determine treatment and transplant.

MEDICAL TREATMENTS :

DRUGS : Minoxidil, Finasteride, combination of both

PRP : the patient's platelet-rich plasma contains powerful growth factors for the capillary repair and regeneration.

LASER : effective if subject to regular sessions in conjunction with medical treatment.

HAIR TRANSPLANT :

AUTOMATED FUE : Motorized Punch (faster, and without loss of quality compared to manual punch, resulting in significant time saving) from 0.75 to 0.9 mm in diameter. FUE technique allows for selecting follicular units containing the appropriate number of hairs for the intended transplantation (eg one or two hair UF for the front hairline).

FUE PATCHY SHAVEN : hair from the donor area is cut to 5 cm long, and can hide the narrow strips shaved at 1 mm length for FUs harvesting. More expensive technique because more time consuming.

STRIP TRICHOPHYTIC : the clinic uses the technique of the strip (with tricophytique closure) only for patients with very large bald areas (Norwood VI and VII), preferably in combination with FUE and BHT. Mega sessions.

BHT : with beard hair.

TRANSPLANT OF EYEBROWS AND EYELASHES : FUE Technique for collecting FUs from the scalp.

MESSAGE OF DOCTOR COUTO :

there is really no age for a hair transplant, it is a valuable technique for both the young people in their twenties and (at the other extreme) for almost octogenarian..

However youth under 25 are generally not good candidates for the following reasons : the rate of hair loss is not yet known ; it is too early for a transplant which will maintain a natural appearance throughout life ; some early baldness are changing very rapidly during the first 10 years, which can lead to many successive transplant sessions to maintain a natural aesthetic ; early surgery may unnecessarily take in the donor area, which will be much needed later. It is therefore recommended that youth under 25 opt for medical treatment (Minoxidil, Finasteride) awaiting a transplant at a later age

Great info rawkerboi ! I'd say with his new YouTube videos he will be booked up for the next 10 years soon !! ;) butvit siunds as if they have a good cancellations policy running so I might end up exploring that ! Would love to get in touch with some previous patients so will keep researching

• Administrators

From what I've seen of this doctor I'm extremely impressed, however I need to see some patient reviews, with that said I'm eager to see more work from this doctor, lately it's been Dr. Lupunzula that has been getting praise, while I've seen good results from him, I also want to see patient reviews. I weigh patient reviews heavily and I would love to see some from both docs. I will say Dr. Cuoto is the doctor I'm most excited to see some of his presentations are absolutely amazing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Let's not get too crazy with doctor worship. If Couto can produce a good result on a patient, another great doctor can as well, nobody's hands are magic. Good candidate + good clinic hopefully = good result.

Kind of agree, these days it's actually getting harder to make a choice with all the options of great doctors out there. And the no-brainers like Dr. Konior and Lorenzo and this new guy here are booked for ages.

Plus the price has come down too worldwide.

So it's now who's the second best doctor I (we) can actually get a booking date whose not going to charge a small fortune for the surgery.

go dense or go home

Also if anyone is a soccer fan, check out Milan keeper Diego Lopez' hairline. Most spanish posters think he went to Couto like his friend Javi Farinos:

https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?t=49558

In the future, we may not consider Lorenzo to be a no-brainer. Lorenzo is a pioneer because he was the first to really use FUE to treat high NW cases with video evidence including comb throughs of cases that exceeded most strip surgeries, when most US surgeons were going "oh this is an adjunct/only for minor work". That "novelty" factor won't be there in the future.

So it's now who's the second best doctor I (we) can actually get a booking date whose not going to charge a small fortune for the surgery.

I agree, this is the type of thinking we need: find the good clinics you trust, and see who has availability...Konior may be booked a year but Gabel might be available in 3 months..

It is correct, the waiting to be able to operate goes of 3 to 4 years, by the way at this moment he does not take more consultations due to its great waiting list!

Dr freitas waiting list is almost 2-2.5 years! Many of Spain patients!

I have seen a lot of his work on Spanish forums and have been very impressed. However, I am concerned that he uses a motorused punch.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

• Administrators
I have seen a lot of his work on Spanish forums and have been very impressed. However, I am concerned that he uses a motorused punch.

Tools are just tools, a manual punch in the wrong hands can ruin a donor and give poor results just like any other tool. It's not the tool it is the hand controlling it, I've never understood why we base so much importance on the tool used if the outcome is good why should it matter? I think we get caught up in gold standards and assume because Lorenzo uses manual then manual is the best, but IMO whatever tool gives the surgeon the best results is the best for that surgeon.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Awesome work as I mentioned, unfortunately a three-year waiting list is just not realistic for me, same goes for Lorenzo, Feriduni etc. even at one year.

Just not practical for having it done when I have the down time.

go dense or go home

• 1 month later...