Angry sikh

I have no idea where to start from ?? Anyways i had done my hair transplantation twice from a clinic called AK clinics (Dr. Kapil Dua) which is situated in Ludhiana, Punjab, India. For the very first time, something went wrong with the surgery which ended up in another surgery from the same doctor.

The second time, apparently everything went

well and I went to back to Australia.

However, as the time flew by, again I noticed poor growth at 6 months.

i was very disappointed, dejected and morose since this happened the second time depsite assurances by the doctor. I couldn't call the doctor because i was no where close going to India.

But recently i visited India in December and called the doctor. I luckily could get hold of his assistant this time. The doctor did not want to talk to me.

The assistant said we will try to sort it out this time but honestly i never wanted to get my hair transplant done from Kapil Dua because I had lost all trust and faith.

Moreover i just talked to the receptionist not with the doctor. Doctor Kapil Dua didn't even bother to have a chat with me. The assistant said they would give me a call in a day, but they never got back. So, i was really disappointed and sad because i trusted that clinic with my hair and it is a mess even after paying a fortune. I have found another clinic but this time I am very suspicious about this whole industry. Please guide me.

image.thumb.jpg.5ab1538687f383912f1f14c3abb93b7b.jpg

Edited by satindersooch123
Removed contact information

I'm sorry to hear that your hair transplants were unsuccessful. How far out are you from your second one?

All surgeons will have some subpar results in their portofolio. Even under the best of conditions and when performed by a skilled surgeon, hair transplants sometimes fail and it's not clear why.

As you may be aware, Dr. Dua is recommended by our community because of his consistently excellent results and quality patient care. Thus, I have reached out to him and encouraged him to provide his input on your thread.

Whatever you choose to do I hope you ultimately receive the results you want and deserve.

Edited by David - Moderator

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dear Satinder

I completely get your concern that you're upset because of the lack of results of hair transplant from our clinic. But I would like to remind you that I shared this point with you last time when you underwent a surgery in 2012, sometimes for no known reason results are sub optimal. This is same point that David has also mentioned and we share this with all patients before surgery.

I want to assure that our whole team is very sensitive to existing patients, so must have been a miss as I was in Ludhiana for only 3 days in December.

I really apologize for inconvenience caused trying to contact me. You're welcome to write directly to me at drkapildua@akclinics.com to sort out your queries.

All the best for your future endeavors.

Dr Kapil Dua

Kapil Dua, M.B.B.S. M.S. ,FISHRS

Chairman & Chief Hair Transplant Surgeon

Dipl. American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Past President, Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons of India

Board of Governor, Asian Association of Hair Restoration Surgery

Board of Governor, ISHRS, USA

Dr. Kapil Dua is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network"

http://www.akclinics.org

Yes, more pictures would be nice. And would you please let us know how many grafts were used each time? and what the graft growth percentage per your assessment was?(if there were any growth).

It is important to take your time to do research since it is your own body and the decision can have lifetime consequences. Multiple forums,all internet sources, talk to the patient's doctor in person or communicate via the e-mail to see what real world results are.

Not accusing any HT surgeon.....Dr. Dua's has some nice cases presented here.

referring to every practice presented in open forums......obviously eye pleasing results are presented by doctors and their reps on this forum, whilst sub-par results are NOT. no one wants to wash their dirty laundry in public view in this competitive business. This is where intense research into each and every doctor comes into play.

My Thread: 

Guys,

I don't know what's up with this thread but, for some reason, the original post and a number of the responses have been filtered to our moderation queue for approval. I don't see any known trigger words in the posts so not sure why this has happened.

Dr. Dua responded promptly to the patient's concerns but his was one that went to moderation.

I hope this will open the door for Satinder to resolve his concerns.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dear Satinder

I completely get your concern that you're upset because of the lack of results of hair transplant from our clinic. But I would like to remind you that I shared this point with you last time when you underwent a surgery in 2012, sometimes for no known reason results are sub optimal. This is same point that David has also mentioned and we share this with all patients before surgery.

I want to assure that our whole team is very sensitive to existing patients, so must have been a miss as I was in Ludhiana for only 3 days in December.

I really apologize for inconvenience caused trying to contact me. You're welcome to write directly to me at drkapildua@akclinics.com to sort out your queries.

All the best for your future endeavors.

Dr Kapil Dua

Quick response doctor.

Happy that ur ready to sort this out, does this patient have limited donor supply though?.

Hi. If you are already at 12 months post-op from the last procedure, consider having a couple of consultations with doctors that have experience with hairline repair by FUE. Secondly, compare the approaches of the most experienced doctors. Take your time with the next procedure. As of now, your case is not too complicated. However, you need to be very specific about what you desire to be the final outcome. The yield from the last procedures and a natural-looking hairline should be properly addressed.

All the best

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 10 months later...

Finally I am back in India after a bad surgery by AK clinics in 2012. Nobody can even guess about my hair transplant because there is no result at all. Despite I am loosing my donor area at the same time. I have been going here and there more since I came because I cannot take any risk regarding my surgery this time. I have visited a clinic in Bombay, chennai and Chandigarh.

I received an email from Dr. Kapil dua but I cannot bother myself replying to him. I have visited darling buds, Chandigarh as I have heard very good reviews about them. But honestly I have no idea what to do ?

Please help me guys as I am more concerned this time.

Are you taking medication - specifically finasteride?

When I look at your native hairline I think it looks great. Your hair is really thick. I honestly don't think you need any type of lowering.

If you can remove those ugly transplanted hairs without any evidence of scarring or such, I think that's the way you should go. Why risk anything more when you have such a thick, great head of hair?

You look young and strong with a handsome face as is - ready to conquer the world. If they can be removed, just do that. I'm with you, I'm a bit suspicious of this industry. Therefore, given your natural hairline and how good it looks, just forget about trying to lower it and move on with life.

Maybe that's not the answer you were looking for. But what do others guys think about his natural hairline? Looks damn good to me.

Or to put it another way. Your natural hairline looks sooooo healthy and dense! I don't think there's any way to match the density of your natural hairline with a hair transplant - especially with how low you want to go.

I just don't think it's possible. I don't think it was every possible.

Hey Satinder,

I feel really sorry for you.

I second harryforreal btw. I think your original hair is great, you don't need a transplant for that.

As in for a HT, I just had a procedure with Dr.Tejinder Bhatti after a due research on 24th December. However, I cannot say of results since I just had it done a week back. But based on other review he seems to be good.

You can refer here : http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185697-2135-frontal-grafts-dr-bhatti-24-th-dec-2016-a.html

Feel free to ping me. Hope it works out for you this time

Are you taking medication - specifically finasteride?

If you can remove those ugly transplanted hairs without any evidence of scarring or such, I think that's the way you should go. .

Hey,

Can he just shave those botched transplanted hair? I know it might look weird. But what might be the other way?Laser ?

I haven't heard of Dr. Dua before but he obviously failed to deliver what you wanted. One failure? Ok stuff happens. Two from the same clinic? No way is it your fault. You have a right to be upset. I hope you get a full refund because you deserve it, and then some, since you've had two procedure's worth of donor hair wasted. Good luck.

I know you might be suffering with a lot of frustration & loss of faith with hair transplants right now. But Dr Bhatti from darling buds have helped me a lot in my case. He have many positive reviews which built my faith. I visited him from australia. I will surely suggest him.

I was thinking the same. Thank you for you suggestion.

I agree with you. Such a terrible results warrants full refund. This is like cheating. I agree that HT success rate differs from patient to patient. But what I see is not even 5% success.

Since patient suffer for almost a year in this HT journey and trust doctor in a good faith for doing the HT. I believe if the HT goes terriblely wrong then doctor needs to refund the full amount or fix the issue as per the patients preference.