Web Site Slow?

Arrie

Hey guys I've been on here foe a few years and lately the site seems super slow (only site for me that runs slow) and now my replies have to be approved vefore they are posted online.... Is this new? anyone else experiencing this?

You only live once...

I feel your pain guys. This affects me as well. Our community has been under attack for some time now. This causes the site to load very slowly at times. We are aware of the issue and our webmaster has been working to correct the problem.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• Administrators

We are experiencing some technical issues and this is causing the server to run rather slowly. We suspect that it has a lot to do with the current version of vBulletin and we are in the process of upgrading.

The main hurdles we face with this is there is a lot of customisation that we need to try and maintain on the new version, which does have a lot of differences. There are times when the sites run at "normal" speed, but we have experienced periods of up to 3 weeks of sustained speed issues.

Arrie, we have not changed the posting process to a moderation queue, however, there are some trigger words that may cause a post to end up in the mod section.

We can only apologise for this frustration, we are doing whatever we can to resolve it.

Best wishes

Hans

Webmaster

Guys,

Like Dave and Hans already stated, we are in the process of working to upgrade the current version of our forum to a new, more robust version. However, the current version is experiencing some issues, mostly due to malicious scripts and attacks. We are in the process of remedying this in several ways, one of which is by the way of installing a hardware firewall and another is by upgrading to a newer, enhanced version.

In the meantime, we ask that everyone do their best to be patient while we work to resolve these issues.

Thanks for your patience.

Bill

Thanks guys.

As an aside, have you put any thought into app development? I think it would increase participation and activity further. Most of us are on the move and live on smartphones. Mobile web is obviously not the best.

• Administrators

For those that are interested, the new version will certainly be fully cross platform compatible. That means you won't need an app, but the forum will accommodate mobile users really well.

Maybe we should start a poll and see how many users want an app, rather than a site that accommodates phones and smaller screens.

Hans

Webmaster

• Administrators

We have been experiencing speed issues for some time now, however, when I looked at the site today, things look Ike they are back to "normal".

We have been trying to establish the cause of the speed issue and during our analysis and monitoring, we did see quite massive numbers of connections to the server. Where these originate (not always easy to detect - like in the movies) we are not certain. One thing we can be sure of, this may happen again.

We are trying to find a long term fix, one of these is to migrate to a different forum version and to have the site fully cross platform compatible. That means that the site should look and work fine, no matter what device you use to access it.

Please know that we are working as effectively as we can to ensure that your experience here is a good one.

Hans

Webmaster

For those that are interested, the new version will certainly be fully cross platform compatible. That means you won't need an app, but the forum will accommodate mobile users really well.

Maybe we should start a poll and see how many users want an app, rather than a site that accommodates phones and smaller screens.

I hate to admit it, but the day I find myself downloading the hairreastorationnetwork app onto my iPhone is the day I realise that I need to make a change and get a life. No offense Pat, Bill, and Dave, but that's the truth. I love this site, maybe just a little too much!!!

We have been experiencing speed issues for some time now, however, when I looked at the site today, things look Ike they are back to "normal".

We have been trying to establish the cause of the speed issue and during our analysis and monitoring, we did see quite massive numbers of connections to the server. Where these originate (not always easy to detect - like in the movies) we are not certain. One thing we can be sure of, this may happen again.

We are trying to find a long term fix, one of these is to migrate to a different forum version and to have the site fully cross platform compatible. That means that the site should look and work fine, no matter what device you use to access it.

Please know that we are working as effectively as we can to ensure that your experience here is a good one.

Hans, Sometimes I feel that this site is so slow that by the time the page loads, the Springboks will have appointed a new coach by then :)

Edited by Stig

Good to see this isn't just a problem on my end. (Granted, my computer is crazy slow already - I desperately need an upgrade...)

As for the App vs. Mobile Friendly Site question, I vote for the Mobile Friendly Site that you say is in the works.

Looking forward to the updates. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Speed should no longer be an issue, we have taken steps to ensure the site is stable and quick. We do understand that newer phones and tablets may only be able to upload images to the forum.

I know that it works here, see the image below, uploaded from an Android phone.

20170305_105118.jpg

Hans

Webmaster

• 2 years later...