*SCAR-SEARCH* VIDEO- Dr. Feller/Dr. Bloxham Great Neck, NY

Every once in a while we will post photos and videos under the banner of "Scar Search" because that's simply what it is. In this day and age of FUE hype and FUT vilification we think its important to reacquaint the public with how most donor scars look after properly performed ultra refined hair transplantation and why it is still the gold standard today. Note that the all the hair and skin above and below these scars are perfectly intact.

Way more to come, but enjoy this short video and presentation.

Thank you.

Dr. Alan Feller

Dr. Blake Bloxham

146.thumb.jpg.879b2e169f2bda1427adea56e21bd5b0.jpg

2.jpg.d62cc2ecd79dfa0fcfbad060c39776dc.jpg

3.jpg.0cbfbeacf5c8c9639c32403dc1bfbb2d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Neither FUE nor FUT produce "invisible" scars. What I mean in the "Scar Search" series about my scars being invisible is that the overlaying hair in the donor area covers the scar so that it cannot be seen. You need to view a few more of them to understand what I'm trying to say.

Understand that no surgery scarring is invisible. FUT and FUE included. There have been claims made by FUE clinics that their scars are invisible, but they most certainly are not. They require to overlaying hair to cover them as well.

The reason you would want an FUT procedure over an FUE procedure in the context of this video is because BOTH require grown hair in the donor area to hide the evidence of the surgery. The difference I contend, however, is that the growth yields for the FUT are consistently higher than that for FUE so you should obviously go for the FUT (strip) procedure.

The general thinking among hair transplant doctors today is to begin with FUT (strip) and then end with FUE to get as many grafts as possible.

Thanks for the question and watching the video. Please view more of them, and if you have any question by all means ask.

Dr. Feller