Will this ever look natural?

More photos would be good. Doesn't look bad by any means though, from what I can see, and surely looks better than plugs. Your right temple density is a little irregular looking. I imagine it's the same with the left, but it's disguised by the combover? Toppik would remedy the problem easily. And yes, obviously a second HT would improve density.

Unless it looks considerably worse to the naked eye I'd say you're being overly critical. Looks like a perfectly acceptable, natural hairline to me. More pics in more natural light would help us judge better though.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Thanks fellas, maybe I Am being overly critical. I have come along way since my pre op pics. If you search "finally bit the bullet" you can see my journey. Currently I have to wear my hair straight down or people's eyes go straight to my hairline and I feel uncomfortable. So I think a second transplant would help with that? Also how many grafts would y'all recommend? Some docs that I have looked at, do a minimum of 1000 grafts. Yes, this is my right temple and the left temple looks very similar.

image.jpg.2c70f373d394f9ec0090d1ada57fb034.jpg

image.jpeg.b5afe0f11c57163ab8887ba7c1336f60.jpeg

lmh,

The real challenge to your situation is the wide hair color to complexion color contrast.

It would take a reasonable number of single hair grafts to fill in the thinner areas. But you want to be careful of not dense packing that area too much in any single procedure.

You really need a surgeon who has a proven track record of thickening up areas where potential transection is at a higher risk like your situation.

You could also experience some shock loss because of the trauma that would be induced on the existing hair shafts that are there right now.

FUE would be the best approach IMHO and only in small follow-up sessions.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Lol fishing for compliments? Not the case, trying to get a expert opinion from senior members who have added density in a second transplant. I can do without yours though. Thanks

Okay but.......I STILL think you are fishing for compliments.....LOL.

Your hair looks great, your Hairline looks even better.

Whomever did your HT should be commended for the great job they did.

I'm not sure why you're even on this forum :confused:

I get what you mean....it looks a little thin at the hairline. That being said, yeah, a lot of people would kill for that hair. If you have the available donor, then why not. If you had 1,000 grafts left in your donor....then, no....I'd leave it.

I would not think you would need more than 1,000 or so....especially if you have a thicker hair caliber. Obviously, reduce the chances of problems and go with FUE and go with one of the 5 best surgeons.....you know who they are....Konior, H and W, Gabel, Shapiro, etc...

Ok, thanks Matt. Yeah, when I do another transplant it will be Fue. I'm not sure about my donor area, how many grafts I have left.

I'd personally hold off. 2 quick shakes of toppik and youre entire issue is resolved. Literally.

I'd be careful to deplete your available supply to seek perfection even if you do have a sufficient # of grafts left. What happens if you need 2000 grafts later in life and you use 1000 of them trying to look perfect right now-will you be ok with that?

Ask yourself the tough questions.

Thanks for the help, dutchie

If you're being sarcastic that wasnt my intention at all to be mean-spirited to you.

I think, based on what I've seen and read on these forums, your hair looks phenomenal.

I have no idea why you're complaining :confused:

Thanks for the help. I didn't mean to come off like I was fishing for compliments, or complaining. I know I have come a long way and dr Cooley did a excellent job. I was just looking to improve a little by adding grafts. If you have had a transplant done, I think a lot of y'all would always want more after the fact. I'm guessing. But thanks again for the opinions. I have never tried topik but that does seem like the smart alternative to try.

The crowd is just ball-busting, don't sweat it ;)

Honestly, try toppik, then get the hang of toppik, and you're going to laugh that you were considering a touch-up for that small little imperfection. It's keratin based, so it essentially "fattens" your existing hairs and reduces the contrast at the same time. It really can be a savior.

If you still feel strongly after trying, and you have the donor supply, at least you can say you were patient and tried other channels first.

OP, I am going to agree with you and say it does look quite sparse.. I don't know how those who replied saying it looked great could be satisfied if they received this result. Of course if we saw pre op pics to compare with, it may be a different story, but looking at the pics alone, I would not be happy.