FUE in 3 Months, Queries on Medications

Hello Members,

This is my first post and I would like to thank you all for giving me knowledge about everything related to HT and how one should go and prepare oneself for HT.

About me, I am from Mumbai India and have been facing hair loss since past 8-9 years, but since last 2-3 years the hair loss has turned really bad. I think that particularly because of my profession (IT Service), Shifts take a toll on body.

So after some research on Internet, I found your website which would share the stories of people suffering from Hair loss and how to curb it. I have decided to go for HT with a doctor in Pune within 3 Months time from now based on some research on this forum.

Currently I am on Finasteride (1mg), Follihair and proanagen topical solution to keep my existing hair intact.

My question is should I continue it upto my HT? and also can you please suggest if doctors recommend medicines after the HT is performed to keep hair loss at bay?

Because the consultant I went through, he suggested you wont need any medicines in future after HT is done as they are going to provide me with 2 PRP session after 1st and 2nd month of HT to support hair growth.

Eagerly waiting for replies..

Mr. Bhushan88,

If you wish to keep your existing hair then you must continue to take medication after the hair transplant. The surgery only fills the regions where hair fall has taken place. If you do not take medication after the hair transplant the hair that is transplanted should grow fine (depending on the clinic you have chosen) but the native hair will continue to fall. This is a fact that is indisputable.

What Dr Bhatti has stated is the truth. Whoever told you that you won't need to take medication after your transplant was deceiving you. The meds are key depending on your loss pattern. Judging from your avatar you have an aggressive loss pattern. Clinics that tell patients they should not take meds are usually the ones that treat patients as cash cows. They want you to have more and more procedures so they can make money. A hair saved is a hair earned and you do that by taking the meds.