Feller/Bloxham set up

OK, so the recent 'naughty' thread *wags finger oh so sternly* has raised a genuine and important question about the Feller/Boxham partnership.

Dr Feller is an expensive HT doctor, we all know that. For that premium price the patient get his undoubted experience and leading track record with FUT results.

But how does it work with the relative newcomer Dr Bloxham?

Is the patient given the choice of doctor from the outset?

If so, what is the difference in price between Dr Feller and Dr Bloxham? Or do they both cost the same?

Is their work ever performed interchangeably?

These are fair questions, surely.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course these are fair questions as I said earlier I have often wondered how it works at Feller medical as there is no mention of Dr Bloxham on the website which I would imagine is the first port of call for a lot of people considering a hair transplant ,as long as it's explained clearly I have no problem, but I would have thought the quote for the work would be different

as obviously Dr Feller has heaps of experience and satisfied patients .

Just to add I mean no disrespect to Dr Bloxham he comes across as someone who has a real interest in his work and I'm sure will produce some stellar work in the future under the guidance of Dr Feller, but the bottom line is how many fully matured results are there to view at the hands of Dr Bloxham?

• Administrators

In light of the recent events I think it would be appropriate for them to create a thread to clear the air and answer some questions, I'm sure potential patients would like to here from them and get some reassurance.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I would like to ask Feller if the patient is given a choice between surgeons. If this is never discussed, does the clinic ever disclose in writing which surgeon performs the surgery?

WTF happened to the other thread?

Looks like the Forum Admin (Bill) decided to delete everything related with the issue because of the lack of evidence from the user reporting the problem with Feller. I partially agree with Bill because "Professor" never submitted one single piece of evidence but I really hope that if this is the case this forum will allow future "bad reviews" for patients with enough photos, video evidence of the issues even if that is related with recommended doctors.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182134-recent-unsubstantiated-topic-regarding-dr-feller-dr-bloxam.html

Minoxidil 5% twice a day

Propecia 0.5mg every other day

Ketoconazole Shampoo twice a week

Biotin, MSM, Multivitamins supplements.

1st Surgery October 2013: 1973 Grafts. ARTAS Robot. HORRIBLE DENSITY, DAMAGED DONOR AREA.

2nd Surgery Sept 2014: 1926 Grafts. Manual FUE. Little better results but still poor density (specially in the crown) compared with other top doctors.

3rd Surgery Nov 2015: 2880 Grafts. Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid, Spain. Amazing results!

What evidence shown would really make a difference to the nub of this thread ,OK if the professor uploaded an email showing confirmation of his transplant date or some other evidence it still wouldn't clear up the issue was he fully informed or not about who was going to carry out the transplant, [unless that was actually put into writing] I think we can all deduce if he was just some malevolent spirit appearing out of nowhere Dr Feller would have soon cleared up the issue .

Usually Dr Feller is very vocal. All seems a bit quite from his side....scary

What evidence shown would really make a difference to the nub of this thread ,OK if the professor uploaded an email showing confirmation of his transplant date or some other evidence it still wouldn't clear up the issue was he fully informed or not about who was going to carry out the transplant, [unless that was actually put into writing] I think we can all deduce if he was just some malevolent spirit appearing out of nowhere Dr Feller would have soon cleared up the issue .

Right, but I think the community was a little bit skeptical because every time someone asked him for a photo or something he start deleting his posts and ignoring the request for a little evidence that at least he had the surgery. You cannot trash any doctor here just with words...

Lets also not forget that that Dr. Bloxham was a moderator of this forum until 2015 (as "Future HT Doc")... Not sure how this played in the whole situation.

Minoxidil 5% twice a day

1st Surgery October 2013: 1973 Grafts. ARTAS Robot. HORRIBLE DENSITY, DAMAGED DONOR AREA.

2nd Surgery Sept 2014: 1926 Grafts. Manual FUE. Little better results but still poor density (specially in the crown) compared with other top doctors.

3rd Surgery Nov 2015: 2880 Grafts. Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid, Spain. Amazing results!

Cool, but it begs the question why doesn't Dr feller/Bloxham just come out and say the professor has never set foot in the Feller clinic and in all likelihood is just a complete loon, any other clinic in my experience on this forum would have immediately responded to such allegations

Cool, but it begs the question why doesn't Dr feller/Bloxham just come out and say the professor has never set foot in the Feller clinic and in all likelihood is just a complete loon, any other clinic in my experience on this forum would have immediately responded to such allegations

Good point...

Minoxidil 5% twice a day

After I read professor first post (before he changed it) I was surprised that threats of violence were used. This can not be taken lightly even if it appear it was stated out of frustration. The patient was not happy about the situation justly or unjustly he is able to explain why. But once there is any sort of threat or comments that state violence it turns into another issue. I wouldn't comment if I was the doctors. When ever a person stated any threat it has to be taken extremely seriously.

Just my opinion.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

What would photos have proven anyway? It probably would have only shown that his new hairline looked good, that's probably why he didn't want to post pictures (this is merely an assumption on my part)

I'm not sure how he could have posted any evidence to back up his claims that he wanted Feller and got Bloxham instead. If you plan a surgery with Dr. Wong, you would rightly be upset if Dr. Hasson showed up to perform the surgery.

Yesterday, when I was reading the thread that has since been closed, I looked at the list of online users and saw a DrBloxham that was online. Is that the doctor? Does he have an account here? If that was him, he was definitely logged in and saw the allegations. Why not respond? I find that a bit odd. Also, before I became a member here, I remember reading a rant (looked like a drunken rant to me) by Dr. Feller which was a lame attempt to bash FUE. I found it completely unprofessional and biased. I am not familiar with these doctors, but I think they should do something to address these concerns. Notice how the original poster backed off after he "spoke" to Feller. Was he offered a refund or paid to keep quite. So many questions that must be answered.

Yesterday, when I was reading the thread that has since been closed, I looked at the list of online users and saw a DrBloxham that was online. Is that the doctor? Does he have an account here? If that was him, he was definitely logged in and saw the allegations. Why not respond? I find that a bit odd.

See post #16

good point [myfueblog] sorry I don't know how to use the quote option, I for one don't think there was a serious threat there, but you're right it has to be taken seriously just in case .I suppose the question is by not responding is that making the situation potentially more volatile , but that is Feller/Bloxham's choice, the professor deleted his posts he said after speaking with Dr Feller I still think this thread could be put to bed with a statement from Dr Feller ,other Doctors have had to defend themselves on this site

It is what it is gentleman. Some other folks Just analyze logic and reasoning behind the verbage presented by some docs more than others, for obvious reasons. Are there cases that even when evidence was presented, remained open for further discussion or remedy was made? Some docs do not even challenge that doctor on this forum, with the exception of very few in regards to FUE. But thats just the way it is and folks may need to let it go or otherwise continue the discussions elsewhere or other platforms. Other patients of some other docs may challenge those docs but those docs are informed to give output on the thread before something is done i think for most part. I think that sets it off a little.

Regardless of whatever Professor wrote, the claim was not refuted, and the way it panned out probably gave a lot of real members a sense of wtf just happened. Regardless, this is not the right platform to describe any wrongdoing or issue with a top paying tier doc, nor any of his associates.

I think that was a wack threat and yea any threat shouldnt be discounted, however, per professor, he spoke to the doc after postin that on phone and then redacted everything. If he deleted without that info, it would have made it obvious something is wrong with the poster, but then with that extra info, it kinda changed the outcome and impression.

But back to the topic, i think it is good to know who does what prior to surgery and not when one enters a clinic or is sitting in the surgical chair. Ater all, there is a name attached to a recommendation across all these sites and these reccomendations supposadley prescreen to the T and do evaluate years of experience and other pertinent factors im sure? Or is it just what tools and the number of results each doc has? Or is it the number of results and patients these docs show online?

WTF happened to the other thread?

The other thread was deleted by the Mod's. Unless either or both parties come back online to clear this up (And i understand Professor is now Banned so impossible for him). Its quite a disturbing situation no matter what way you look at it.

What would photos have proven anyway? It probably would have only shown that his new hairline looked good, that's probably why he didn't want to post pictures (this is merely an assumption on my part)

I'm not sure how he could have posted any evidence to back up his claims that he wanted Feller and got Bloxham instead. If you plan a surgery with Dr. Wong, you would rightly be upset if Dr. Hasson showed up to perform the surgery.

Not just photos, but he could have posted his surgery confirmation letter or e-mail that documented Feller was the surgeon and the date of the surgery.

The minute he never posted that and then by deleting the allegation, it was all over. Like I stated earlier the burden is on Professor to substantiate his claims, not on Dr Feller to respond if this hasn't been done. Now separately, I think if the allegations were completely unfounded, wouldn't Feller have still come out anyway to state this? I think his silence gives me pause for thought. Like I said, he certainly doesn't have to state anything as the allegation was unsubstantiated and withdrawn, but if the allegation was unfounded, why not just come out publically and say so. Feller has been pretty vocal on everything else, why the silence now?

This site is a joke! As soon a paying Dr. is called out he's protected right away!

You can go back and forth all you want on what should have been done - pictures or no pictures. Professor was shut up and Feller and his undergrad never came on here to defend themselves. What does that say??

If you are researching a HT do yourself a favor and read and read and research. The mods on this site

delete posts and favor the Dr.s because they're afraid of losing $$$ - plain and simple.

And if you're considering Feller, you might want to think again...