Applying Topical Fin

Theodpliske8711

Hey guys. So I was wondering, if anyone is on it: I ordered topical fin from Murray Avenue Apothecary. It looks like it is supposed to be sprayed on. I was wondering what the best method for spraying is and how much do you guys spray? There seems to be little information about how much to apply from what they sent me.

I stopped a year ago. Wasn't really experiencing sides, just don't like the idea of using pills for long term. I was going to go back on fin and then heard of this.

There are instructions but they just say to spay on "effected area", which is a bit vague.

I'll keep people updated.

You have to get an online perscription from the medical wellness center and then order it from Murray Avenue Apothecary.

Also, for some reason it tells me to use it in the morning, but I feel like at night would be ideal since I don't want to have to style around it. Either way, I'll see how it works over the next few months.

I would say it was about 50 or 60 for a two month supply. I'll see if it's actually two months or if it's the kirkland/rogaine equivalent of a "month"

Thanks for the info. The topical solution you are using has minoxidil in it as well right?

I would say it was about 50 or 60 for a two month supply. I'll see if it's actually two months or if it's the kirkland/rogaine equivalent of a "month"

Just be careful in what you are doing. Nobody knows what the results or sides of topical finasteride are. You are in uncharted territory tbh. Finasteride is needed to keep your hair but idk. The original study said 2 Percent experienced side effects and I think most people will agree that is bs. I have five friends , six counting me

and we all got side effects. There are tons of people on hair loss forums that have gotten really bad side effects so that 2 percent is bs. I still take it but I cut down the dose a lot. Hopefully they come up with a better drug soon.

Just be careful in what you are doing. Nobody knows what the results or sides of topical finasteride are. You are in uncharted territory tbh. Finasteride is needed to keep your hair but idk. The original study said 2 Percent experienced side effects and I think most people will agree that is bs. I have five friends , six counting me

and we all got side effects. There are tons of people on hair loss forums that have gotten really bad side effects so that 2 percent is bs. I still take it but I cut down the dose a lot. Hopefully they come up with a better drug soon.

Been on it for almost a year and no side effects that I can tell.

Are you on the gel? Have you had any sides. First side effect I got from the pill was like tunnel vision couldn't concentrate. Once I cut my dose in half things got better but who knows what this stuff is really doing to us.

I don't see how the side effects of topical finasteride would be any worse than the potential sides for oral finasteride. Logically, it has to be less and at most the same, but I don't see a rationale for how it would be riskier than oral finasteride.

Interesting that you were able to get them to make a Finasteride ONLY topical solution for you. They sent me a list of various formulations and I don't recall a topical finasteride only solution.

Hey guys. So I was wondering, if anyone is on it: I ordered topical fin from Murray Avenue Apothecary. It looks like it is supposed to be sprayed on. I was wondering what the best method for spraying is and how much do you guys spray? There seems to be little information about how much to apply from what they sent me.

I'm interested to see your results after about 3 months of using topical fin. I agree with not taking pills for long term, but like you said there isn't a whole lot of information or study on topical fin. I would assume to spray it on before you go to bed and then maybe spray it on when you wake up. Did the instructions let you know how often to apply the topical fin each day?

I never had any side effects from oral finasteride. I personally would like to strangle the arrogant, young female doctor who originally took me off finasteride because she thought taking pills was bad - afterwards my hair thinned out at the front, and the next doctor I visited told me that only a HT that he could do would improve the thinning. If I could go back and never get off the fiansteride I would. I'd tell that female doctor, "You're a crazy bi**h!" and then walk out her office.

• 4 weeks later...

Month one report. Obviously can't report on any growth, but I will say that it has made my scalp very dry and itchy, even somewhat painful at times. I can definitely see a huge downside here. This has been the most notable side-effect. It's probably made worse by the dry winter weather in NYC, and by the fact that I apply minoxidil. It has been really painful at times, though.

As for side effects re: libido. I haven't noticed anything. I feel like this month the libido has been lower than I've had it in a while, but I've also been more relaxed recently and less stressed, so I have not felt the constant urge to "release", like I often have when I get anxious or feel stressed. So far, I honestly don't know if I have had any sides or not, tbh.