Opinion of Dr Lorenz in Atlanta???

cousar8

I'm new to this forum and would like to see if anyone has had experience with Dr Lorenz in Atlanta. I had been considering hair transplant surgery, so I scheduled a consultation with a Bosley rep here in Memphis. I was told that I'd need about 2600 FUE graphs to achieve the results I'm looking for ... more defined hairline and greater density on top. The total cost of the procedure would be about $15,000. The discussion went well enough, so I put a $1000 deposit down to have a procedure with Dr Lorenz in Atlanta in a couple of weeks. I assumed that since I had heard of Bosley, they would be a reputable company and produce the results I am looking for. Now that I'm doing the research that I should have done before my consultation, I'm having second doubts about using a Bosley surgeon. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Dr. Lorenz in Atlanta and if that price sounds reasonable. I've searched the site, but can't find any reviews of his work. I appreciate any feedback from the group.

Whatever you do, whomever you decide to proceed with, please do not put your precious head in the hands of Bosley. It's really quite that simple. There's many great recommended doctors on this forum that will deliver knockout results that are far superior to a Bosley chop shop.

Can you share pictures and describe your hair loss history and goals? You're in a safe place, the forum is filled with many trusted members who can steer you in the right direction.

Get your deposit back.

Under no circumstances get a HT done at any bosely clinic. They are nothing better than hair mills.

You would find loads of negative reviews if you searched hard enough.

We see people that have had work done on this forum. They become repair patients as the work is so bad.

You won't find a single person on here that would recommend them.

Please get your money back or if you can't for whatever reason then its better to lose a 100 than have a very bad HT done.

They are cheeky having someone that sounds like Lorenzo as a HT surgeon. Check out the original that's recommended by this forum.

In fact take a look at all the HT Dr's recommended on this forum. Anybody and I do mean anybody is better than any bosely place.

I don't want to sound rude but I just don't understand how after soooo many years of bad results from Bosley and all the bad reputation they have on internet (that you can easily find online) and they still get na?ve patients...

Please check one of the reputable doctor in your area. For that amount of money you can get a HT from one of the top surgeons in US. Do your research of the one you pick, check for results not only from his/her website but from individuals online posting their results and very important keep record of emails, questions and consultations.

Good luck.

Minoxidil 5% twice a day

Propecia 0.5mg every other day

Ketoconazole Shampoo twice a week

Biotin, MSM, Multivitamins supplements.

1st Surgery October 2013: 1973 Grafts. ARTAS Robot. HORRIBLE DENSITY, DAMAGED DONOR AREA.

2nd Surgery Sept 2014: 1926 Grafts. Manual FUE. Little better results but still poor density (specially in the crown) compared with other top doctors.

3rd Surgery Nov 2015: 2880 Grafts. Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid, Spain. Amazing results!

I appreciate all the constructive feedback. I'm going to cancel my upcoming appointment with Bosley and just write off the deposit loss to a lesson learned. I plan to reach out to a few of the doctors recommended on this site. I see there is a Dr Griffin in Atlanta, Dr Parsley in Lousiville as well as Dr Cooley in Charlotte. May also check out Dr Arocha in Houston since I travel to that city quite often.

Any other advice is more than welcome.

I'll keep you posted and let you know if I have any other questions along the way.

Scratch the former two off your list.

Truth is, you're an hr flight from Dr Cooley in Charlotte, Arocha in Houston is solid, and 2 hour flight from Dr. Shapiro in Minneapolis and Dr. Konior in Chicago respectively--maybe 2 of the best. Great options in your proximity.

Save your head and sanity.

BTW don't swallow your deposit. If they give you pushback say its a personal/family matter. If they would actually hold your deposit if you imply that it only futher reiiterates what we've said.

cousar8,

Even a doctor is recommended on this site, unless that doctor has received many reliable detailed positive reviews by patients themselves, I wouldn't recommend the doctor. Dr. Griffin is recommended on this site, but he doesn't have any positive or negative reviews because no one really talks about him. The only time his name is brought up is when someone is searching for a doctor in Georgia, because he is listed on the recommended doctors list.

I will just say my experience with Dr. Griffin was horrible, unless you are really considering him and want to hear more in detail.

• 3 months later...